Lag time or Sims doing nothing when using the refrigerator

When I click on the refrigerator it takes longer for the options list to show up.  When I tell my Sims to do something they stand still for a while, then follow the command.  Sometimes they wander off while cooking.  This just started after the new update.   If I order too much food with the delivery service, the refrigerator becomes overloaded.  Then the sim can't put away a cooked meal.  Removing food or replacing the refrigerator doesn't help.  I have to not save the game, then exit.  

Edited by griffin1bear
new information
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, griffin1bear said:

When I click on the refrigerator it takes longer for the options list to show up.  When I tell my Sims to do something they stand still for a while, then follow the command.  Sometimes they wander off while cooking.  This just started after the new update.  

It might be because of simulation lag you are better off downloading this fix from this site https://srslysims.net/simulation-lag-fix/, as for wandering off during cooking or any activity it could be trait the sims having for eg ADHD maybe switch it off with something else. 

On 4/27/2022 at 1:36 AM, griffin1bear said:

When I click on the refrigerator it takes longer for the options list to show up.

Kitchen Menus take longer to load up now because EA did something awhile back with an update and others have the same delay.

Sometime before we didn't have this nasty delay.

I think the Menu Thumbnails have to load every time and aren't cached anymore.

Notice how the BBQ Grills don't have the same delay.

EA added the Neighborhood Stories feature more recently and it might cause some strange things not seen before.

It can be disabled in the Game Settings. 

• griffin1bear changed the title to Lag time or Sims doing nothing when using the refrigerator