PC Body type not matching Nude vs Clothed

Friends,

The scenario: I am trying to get good with BodySlide and such.  I am doing ok with NPCs. My problem is my PC body type doesnt stay consistent between nude and clothed.  For example, clothed my PC, Valkyrie is using the Nordic Bombshell when nude.  However, as soon as she gets clothes on she becomes waifish.  How do I keep my PC consistent in this fashion? Your excellent input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

PC and NPC meshes are the same by default, so unless you have a mod interfering there (unique body, custom races, body variations per race, etc.) using BodySlide to build all the sets you need (naked body + outfits) using the same preset should be enough. So it seems to me like you're using a mod to give your character unique body.

Check your installed mods to see if that's the case, refer to that mod description to see what you can do to make a consistent set of naked+outfit meshes for that setup. If you're unsure on how to procede post the name of the mod(s) involved here and maybe someone familiar with said mod(s) can offer some advice and help you.

The nude body is an armor too.

Building your nude body to be a different preset than an armor is the same thing as building two different armors as two different presets. (so one armor will have huge breasts and a different armor will have a huge butt, for example.)

Batch build everything in skyrim to the same preset, and everything in skyrim will be consistent when nude or clothed.

• 3 weeks later...

The long and short of it is this

A) When choosing clothing, armor, or body items, either choose 

1. Armor/Clothing mods that are made for your body type (CBBE-3BA armor >>> CBBE-3BA preset, BHUNP v3 armor >>> BHUNP v3 preset, etc)
  2. for limited match, Armor/Clothing mods that are made for earlier versions of your body type (there may be artifacts)  (that is, supposed you used BHUNP v3. while not 100% compatible, BHUNP v2 and BHUNP clothing *could probably be used, although there might be small differences. 
  3. Armor/Clothing mods whose default body closely resembles yours so any disparity won't annoy you, and if disparate body type, try to aim for those that fully cloth you to hide the artifacts that will surely happen otherwise (weird nipple placement, hip stripes).

B) When "fitting" clothing. armor, and body (body, hands, legs) items in Bodyslide, use either 

1. the same Bodyslide preset used to create your nude body
  2. a variant of your nude Bodyslide preset (Why? for instance, a perky female when nude isn't "perky" or torpedo boobs when harnessed in 50 lbs of heavy armor). That is, some of us create more than just the nude preset, we create a "clothed" variant, maybe even more than one.

Always *try to use only armor/clothing compatible with your body type and make sure to pick a preset that's made for that body type.

Edited by anjenthedog