Rune Factory 5 modding

2 hours ago, Werder7 said:

it,s impossible to convert your fbx, because your face mesh includes all. face,body,cheek . Here i add a blend file for you. Please use this blend file and please edit only the body mesh and if you are done with all, then please add the edited blend file here.

why.png

ch007_0004 (merge).fbx 1.31 MB · 3 downloads

ludmilla_please_use_this.blend 4.35 MB · 3 downloads

Yes sorry I forgot I'd merged her face and body (I had gave up on creating a mod, that's why I did that).
I had a look at your blend file, and I think you just imported an .fbx exported from a .bundle using AssetStudio because all the bones are not oriented correctly (I have the same problem on my side)
image.png.2572c01e54c4fc9971d7f6c2592b2c99.png

This, I know how to do, but I also see you posted a screenshot of Unity, and I was keeping asking you the workflow to create a .bundle with the new meshes, and you wouldn't answer. So could you please details the step you'll be making during the creation of this new bundle? Because I really want to understand how it is working.

I'm not sure what is useful in the .blend file you gave me, so I'd prefer not to mess with it, and give you .fbx of the body only.

ludmilla_body.fbx

2 hours ago, silverhawk83 said:

Yes sorry I forgot I'd merged her face and body (I had gave up on creating a mod, that's why I did that).
I had a look at your blend file, and I think you just imported an .fbx exported from a .bundle using AssetStudio because all the bones are not oriented correctly (I have the same problem on my side)
image.png.2572c01e54c4fc9971d7f6c2592b2c99.png

This, I know how to do, but I also see you posted a screenshot of Unity, and I was keeping asking you the workflow to create a .bundle with the new meshes, and you wouldn't answer. So could you please details the step you'll be making during the creation of this new bundle? Because I really want to understand how it is working.

I'm not sure what is useful in the .blend file you gave me, so I'd prefer not to mess with it, and give you .fbx of the body only.

ludmilla_body.fbx 898.04 kB · 3 downloads

Did you use my blend file. It's about the body used in my blend file (Skinned Mesh Renderer) and in your body (MeshRenderer), the bones isn't a problem. I'll post a guide to it when I get it done. But it would be better if you use my blend file and export it as fbx. Then I have all the parts.

12 hours ago, irobert4532 said:

How did you get those files to run on the switch? From what I've gathered so far the file names are different, so did you just rename the pc files to the correct switch file names? I really want to utilize the mods being made

If someone has a list of the bundle file names for switch, I'll test a few things. ie the bundle file name for Simone

yea it was some other mod that got removed so idk what actually was working. the switch files are allot like 43.000 just like PC. files are identical afaik but internally they may be a diff format. Some files are indeed named diff on switch and only 9 out of the 19 mod files i had actually matched up with switch file names.

Edited by RinMaru3
8 hours ago, RinMaru3 said:

是的,它是其他一些被删除的模组,所以不知道实际上是什么。开关文件像 PC 一样分配为 43.000。文件是相同的 afaik 但在内部它们可能是差异格式。有些文件确实在 switch 上命名为 diff,而我实际匹配的 19 个 mod 文件中只有 9 个与 switch 文件名匹配。

Can you tell me what can be used if the file name is changed and what is available

On 9/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, laskolnr said:

I have no idea who to credit for this, so I'll just go ahead and throw pseudo credit towards DanteMds here in this thread, as he/she seems to be the first to release mods for the game.

STEP 20: MAKE SURE YOUR MODELS ARE THE SAME EXACT SIZE AS THE ORIGINAL. You can check this when copying over the skinnedmeshrenderer, if the size of the original fbx is the same size as your custom fbx that you're skinning to, then you shouldn't have an issue.

Script used in Unity:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.IO;
using UnityEditor;
using UnityEngine;

public class SkinnedMeshComponentWizard : ScriptableWizard
{
    public SkinnedMeshRenderer baseMesh;
    public List<SkinnedMeshRenderer> components;

[MenuItem("Tools/Mesh/Generate Skinned Mesh Component")]
    protected static void CreateWizard()
    {
        DisplayWizard<SkinnedMeshComponentWizard>("Skinned Mesh Component Generation", "Generate");
    }

protected void OnWizardCreate()
    {
        foreach (SkinnedMeshRenderer component in components)
        {
            Dictionary<int, int> boneMapping = new Dictionary<int, int>();
            for (int i = 0; i < component.bones.Length; i++)
            {
                Transform compBone = component.bones[i];
                for (int j = 0; j < baseMesh.bones.Length; j++)
                {
                    Transform baseBone = baseMesh.bones[j];
                    if (compBone.name == baseBone.name)
                    {
                        boneMapping.Add(i, j);
                        break;
                    }
                }
            }

//remap the bones
            BoneWeight[] weights = component.sharedMesh.boneWeights;
            for (int i = 0; i < weights.Length; i++)
            {
                BoneWeight weight = weights[i];
                weights[i].boneIndex0 = boneMapping[weight.boneIndex0];
                weights[i].boneIndex1 = boneMapping[weight.boneIndex1];
                weights[i].boneIndex2 = boneMapping[weight.boneIndex2];
                weights[i].boneIndex3 = boneMapping[weight.boneIndex3];
            }

Vector3[] vertices = component.sharedMesh.vertices;
            Vector3 scale = component.transform.lossyScale;
            for (int i = 0; i < vertices.Length; i++)
            {
                Vector3 vertex = vertices[i];
                vertex.x *= scale.x;
                vertex.y *= scale.y;
                vertex.z *= scale.z;
                vertices[i] = vertex;
            }

Mesh mesh = new Mesh
            {
                name = component.sharedMesh.name,
                vertices = vertices,
                uv = component.sharedMesh.uv,
                triangles = component.sharedMesh.triangles,
                bindposes = baseMesh.sharedMesh.bindposes,
                boneWeights = weights,
                normals = component.sharedMesh.normals,
                colors = component.sharedMesh.colors,
                tangents = component.sharedMesh.tangents
            };

AssetDatabase.CreateAsset(mesh, Path.Combine("Assets", "Export", $"{mesh.name}.asset"));
        }
    }

protected void OnWizardUpdate()
    {
        helpString = "Creates a new mesh based off the bone structure of a base mesh and ensures everything is in the correct order in the new mesh.";
        isValid = (baseMesh != null) && (components != null && components.Count > 0);
    }
}

Thanks for summarizing all the information!!!
I could finally make a working "meshes changing" mod!
This was just for testing, so not a very impressive nor useful one, but I reduced (who would do that!?) the size of Elsje's breasts.
image.png.ee6f6b3a174b0cfefcdada97524f00bf.png

So I will definitely post some mods here in the coming weeks (starting with Ludmila!)

If you have any request, do not hesitate to give me ideas.

3 hours ago, silverhawk83 said:

This was just for testing, so not a very impressive nor useful one, but I reduced (who would do that!?) the size of Elsje's breasts.

So I will definitely post some mods here in the coming weeks (starting with Ludmila!)

If youre starting with Ludmila would it be possible to alter her swimsuit? Like removing the cloth thats around her weist and on her shoulders? Looking forward to your mods:)

12 hours ago, silverhawk83 said:

That's what I'm working on right now, when I'm done I'll upload the Unity project here so that the silverhawk can be looked at. I also had to modify the meshes with C# scripting and modify it so, to get at least good results at all, but it's not quite finished yet.

Edited by Werder7
On 7/26/2022 at 2:54 AM, woofhat said:

Alice nude mod,replace the normal outfit.

bf82ce7ed65ba26c6605bf4f4f6a5297.bundle 2.99 MB · 369 downloads

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another version with adjusted textures

bf82ce7ed65ba26c6605bf4f4f6a5297.bundle 2.99 MB · 356 downloads

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022.7.27 Update

Simone nude mod

789e36198b71dbd5b65ca4cd23676c10.bundle 2.55 MB · 397 downloads

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsje nude mod

a5a0c9c600f833aa4a2c4792aca56c47.bundle 2.8 MB · 400 downloads

Can someone please make a mod, where the pajama body is replaced with this nude body? i know there is a mod on this topic for a nude pajama body, but the body shape looks not so smooth like this one here in the quote.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, silverhawk83 said:

I made it, I was able to merge your body model, successfully with its bones, with the base model. It was a lot of work. Lots of reading into unity and so on. Since I don't have time to write a documentation right now, I make all my materials available to you. Documentation follows. The project is named ludmilla.unity -> My project directory

ludmilla.zip

On 9/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, silverhawk83 said:

Here, done, this is your body, converted from meshRenderer to SkinnedMeshRenderer, with all bones, with correct bone structure, and with all materials, bindposes, boneweights, normals, all is correctly setted. I have rewrite the Csharp Script UniMeshCombiner, in order to finish my work. Here you get in the next post, my unity project.

MT_ch007_002_skin.asset MT_ch007_002_skin.asset.meta

ludmilla_done.png

Edited by Werder7
4 minutes ago, Werder7 said:

Here, done, this is your body, converted from meshRenderer to SkinnedMeshRenderer, with all bones, with correct bone structure, and with all materials, bindposes, boneweights, normals, all is correctly setted. I have rewrite the Csharp Script UniMeshCombiner, in order to finish my work. Here you get in the next post, my unity project.

MT_ch007_002_skin.asset 1.66 MB · 0 downloads MT_ch007_002_skin.asset.meta 188 B · 0 downloads

ludmilla_done.png

and how i promise it, you get my entire work, i must go to work now, but in the next time, i want write a documentation for you, 

ludmilla_unity_with_correct_bones.zip

Hey, I was wondering if someone here can possibly make a bit more of a comprehensive guide for reimporting the models? (Maybe video?) I’m wanting to make some model mods and I’ve tried following the guide posted here, but I’ve found it to be a bit confusing to comprehend. For clarity I’m a complete noob when it comes to Unity. 

I used translator, sorry.

I made the nude portraits MODs of Elsje, Misasagi, and Simone.
Place the file at the following address.

Rune Factory 5\Rune Factory 5_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64

I haven't checked it works very well, so let me know if there are any problems.

Sample( No screenshot )

Spoiler

image.png.edacad34b92004659548c5e337d45c27.png

On 9/11/2022 at 3:50 AM, Lifiss said:

I see great work here. I hope someone can make a Futa Mod for Alice in RF5, just like it was done in RF4 for the main character. Really liked that Mod in RF4.

Maybe the mod for RF4 is mine?
If so, I'd be happy. ( Sorry if it wasn't. )

I can't promise when, but I do plan to make a Futa portrait of Alice.

NPC_Nude_1.zip

6 hours ago, biimpro said:

I'm not good at speaking English sorry.

I want to try creating Mod, but I don't know how do it.
Could you tell me what should I study? Unity, Blender, C#, is it okay?

I'll try to study them from books and websites. 

What you learn depends on what you want to create.
If you want to edit 3D models, you can use Blender, if you want to change portraits, you can use illustration software, and so on.

However, you need to know how to use tools such as Asset Studio and UABEA.

You might want to refer to this. (This is for Switch, but there are many items in common with the PC version. Read from "Searching for Files")

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KvwFYp6hcAoxgXW2G61tprO6cSAYSoM3X_pRosqi5XU/edit

Edited by enamelbag
55 minutes ago, enamelbag said:

What you learn depends on what you want to create.
If you want to edit 3D models, you can use Blender, if you want to change portraits, you can use illustration software, and so on.

However, you need to know how to use tools such as Asset Studio and UABEA.

You might want to refer to this. (This is for Switch, but there are many items in common with the PC version. Read from "Searching for Files")

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KvwFYp6hcAoxgXW2G61tprO6cSAYSoM3X_pRosqi5XU/edit

Oh, really thank you for your help!

I'll refer to that and challenge creating.
Sometimes if I made mod, upload it here.

Your mods are really great, thank you for always!

6 hours ago, enamelbag said:

I made the nude portraits MODs of Elsje, Misasagi, and Simone.
Place the file at the following address.

Rune Factory 5\Rune Factory 5_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64

I haven't checked it works very well, so let me know if there are any problems.

Sample( No screenshot )

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.edacad34b92004659548c5e337d45c27.png

Maybe the mod for RF4 is mine?
If so, I'd be happy. ( Sorry if it wasn't. )

I can't promise when, but I do plan to make a Futa portrait of Alice.

NPC_Nude_1.zip 9.76 MB · 22 downloads

Amazing work! Do you plan to do Livia, Hina, Radea, and Margaret? If so, looking forward to the complete set of NPCs.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:14 PM, KuugenTheFox said:

Any updates perhaps? w

I feel the same way as Planus, I'm in the process of programming my Unity Project in such a way that you can easily use the menu in unity, Window -> UniMeshCombiner and Mesh -> Copy Skinned Mesh Renderer, in order to export models from Blender for RF5 with bones etc. So that modders like silverhawk, can easily export blender files to rf5. I'm also busy with Blender. So I think silverhawk93 is also working very hard on a mod. We're all doing our best. As a thank you to the developers who have provided mods here.

Edited by Werder7