SexLab Framework Development

Sexlab 147 Beta seems to have some issue with detecting the devious devices menu. I know it is BETA so bugs are expected, but I thought I would point it out. I don't seem to have issues with the devices, though I do get an error message about it not detecting the menu in the MCM.

I'm guessing it has to do with the zaz requirement which isn't compatible with new build curently but I noticed it too and completely forgot to mention it. it does work fine though.

So am I the only one who cannot get the lipsync / facial expression working?

Facial only apply when I press the "apply expression" button ; it doesnt work when I make a custom one and select it in the expression tab.

So this is a thing now:

animationeditor.jpg

You can alter individual alignment profiles for every animation, for individual race/gender combinations, by default all race/gender combinations will use a Global profile, which can also be selected and edited from this menu, after you make any adjustments during animation however, a specific race + gender combination profile is generated for that animation, copied from the global, and your adjustments during animation are saved to that and editable from this menu. 

It also serves as a way to start a specific 1 or 2 person animation from menu with a targeted actor, via the target actor hotkey and play animation button from the editor. While playing the animation you can even load the animation editor back up, tweak the profile, then just close the menu and press the realign hotkey and the actors will update to use the just tweaked profile, so you can quickly test and see results of tweaks.

Currently no way to start 3+ actor animations from the menu, and creature animations are missing entirely from the editor, unsure if I care or not about either.

May also add vaginal/anal/oral cum application toggles for each position as well, so you can customize what cum effect gets used at the end of an animation. 

So this is a thing now:

attachicon.gifanimationeditor.jpg

You can alter individual alignment profiles for every animation, for individual race/gender combinations, by default all race/gender combinations will use a Global profile, which can also be selected and edited from this menu, after you make any adjustments during animation however, a specific race + gender combination profile is generated for that animation, copied from the global, and your adjustments during animation are saved to that and editable from this menu. 

It also serves as a way to start a specific 1 or 2 person animation from menu with a targeted actor, via the target actor hotkey and play animation button from the editor. While playing the animation you can even load the animation editor back up, tweak the profile, then just close the menu and press the realign hotkey and the actors will update to use the just tweaked profile, so you can quickly test and see results of tweaks.

Currently no way to start 3+ actor animations from the menu, and creature animations are missing entirely from the editor, unsure if I care or not about either.

May also add vaginal/anal/oral cum application toggles for each position as well, so you can customize what cum effect gets used at the end of an animation. 

That looks pretty good. Will there be an option to import and export (individial or global) animation settings?

Also im just wondering is it possible to set hotkey for this editor to popup if the key is pressed and close if pressed again? With this editor lots of hotkeys used to alight animation will not be needed anymore so there could be free keys there.

SexLab does not have IFP profiles - that is solely IFP thing. Besides, there is SexLab for IFP mod here on forums, which triggers IFP when SexLab animation starts. It's up to you to set up the profile - or Google for it and try (I know about two different user profiles).

What is the default Immersive First Person Sexlab profile ? 

I knew back in 1.5 or 1.6, but no idea what profile Sexlab is using with the new 1.7 version of Immersive First Person. 

SexLab does not have IFP profiles - that is solely IFP thing. Besides, there is SexLab for IFP mod here on forums, which triggers IFP when SexLab animation starts. It's up to you to set up the profile - or Google for it and try (I know about two different user profiles).

I knew back in 1.5 or 1.6, but no idea what profile Sexlab is using with the new 1.7 version of Immersive First Person. 

IFP does have a Sexlab profile out of the box. At least back then. It was " Custom5 " back in the 1.5 version, but i have no idea how the profile is named now. In 1.7. 

So this is a thing now:

Sounds very cool, great work as always. We don't show you as much appreciate or at least I don't so saying it now. Great work as always and thanks.

IFP does have a Sexlab profile out of the box. At least back then. It was " Custom5 " back in the 1.5 version, but i have no idea how the profile is named now. In 1.7. 

O.K., I do not know about versions before 1.7. There are five custom profiles, but they are empty and another mod can use them - for that there is the before mentioned mod here on SexLab forums (automatic switching for the custom profile). You have to set up the corresponding custom profile both in IFP and IFP for SexLab (or how it is called...) and also to set up the profile settings themselves, AFAIK.

So this is a thing now:

Sounds great, but it would be nice if you'd make it for creatures too, it wouldnt be as much work either because the only different creatures that share the same animations under the same name are wolves and spiders.

I have a simple request I know you have ways of checking if an actor is currently in an animation but I would like a simple way to check if there in an alias for example  like with RandomSex before they get to the point where there doing the animation, A quick and easy way although it would take coroperation on everyones part would be for a simple keyword list in SexLab maybe 20 with a simple name like Mod1,Mod2 etc. Then the keyword could just be added to the alias/faction whatever the mod is using and then could be set in a condition for another mod that wants to avoid a conflict. The mod makers would have to put which keyword there using for there mod on the OP in a standard way so we don't use the same one for our mod but it could help with conflicts. It would take 5 min in the ck for everyone to add there selcted keyword for there mod so I don't think it would be a big deal for most if it was available and they know it's there.

I'm am relatively new so there may already be a quick and easy way for this it was just I thought I had that would be usefull for a mod like RandomSex.

Just a little question... I posted some sexlab voices, and got some requests to make voices play more often.

It is possible to edit slider minimums in the config script to achieve this but... it's just a patch, I don't like that much. Would you mind lowering the minimum female voice delay?

In game an interesting thing happened.  First Romance and Dangerously Nude initiated animations at the same time, then at a later time Release and Dangerously Nude initiated animations at the same time (SexLab console info was displayed for both). My character moved back and forth from one npc to the other npc in a manner as though my character was doing it on purpose and the transition back and forth was smooth concidering the circumstances.  The npc not involed with my character continued their animation less a partner.  All players involed got up dressed and went about thier bussiness.  It was quite a show, yes it was pretty neat.  The "at the same time" only happened twice at this point in the game.  If the npc(s) could have transitioned to threesome and/or single animations during this process, well wouldn't that be something?     One question: the "use nearby bed," is there a way to turn it off?

I briefly hunted around for some (script-based) means of wresting control over the SexLab sound effects (smacking and whatnot) and didn't find any.  Experts: Where should I have looked?

If there isn't anything of the sort, I'm adding it to the suggestion box.  What I'm after here is the option to disable the sound effects - not the moans - on a per-StartThread basis, so that the coordination and timing of those sound effects can be preferentially dictated by my own script.  (In the interest of completion, a second flag for likewise temporarily disabling the moans would probably also be useful.)

Is it correct to suppose that the current alpha and beta's will lead to a stable version soon, or is the plan to do all planned work mentioned in the opening post before publishing a stable version?

(This question may need some disclaimers: I am not trying to rush anyone, and I know about "It is done when it is done". Point is, I don't have 1.39 installed at the moment and because this looks like a big rewrite, I need to decide between installing 1.39 or waiting for the new version. That is all.)

Is it correct to suppose that the current alpha and beta's will lead to a stable version soon, or is the plan to do all planned work mentioned in the opening post before publishing a stable version?

(This question may need some disclaimers: I am not trying to rush anyone, and I know about "It is done when it is done". Point is, I don't have 1.39 installed at the moment and because this looks like a big rewrite, I need to decide between installing 1.39 or waiting for the new version. That is all.)

The current beta is theoretically exactly what the final release will be, minus some significant changes to the MCM which are up on Git but not the beta, a couple new API features for modders, and and a couple new animations. It should be "safe" for use in  a main save at this point, just don't expect existing plugins to be compatible now or anytime soon, there will be broken mods that need to update to the new SexLab to work right.

That said; I won't be able to finalize the beta for a week or so at least due to massive amounts of other work I HAVE to get done now, I'm on 16 hour work shifts right now trying to catch up on all the real life work I've been putting off to work on SexLab instead, on top also of also spending any other time I have on trying to stop LoversLab's server from bursting into flames.

I also make absolutely no guarantee that the next time I load up the beta to prepare it for release that I won't suddenly throw out entire systems and redo them from scratch yet again, the slightest hint or thought of potentially new & better better method for something tends to throw me down long roads of distraction from what actually needs to be done to finish it. I'm happy with what the current SexLab systems, though I still have a nagging sensation over some of the messier scripts, and knowing me rather than finalizing the beta I'll probably spend the next couple nights of SexLab work on optimizing some stupid aspect of it nobody will notice just because I think I could shave a single second of script operation in some aspect.

Just a little question... I posted some sexlab voices, and got some requests to make voices play more often.

It is possible to edit slider minimums in the config script to achieve this but... it's just a patch, I don't like that much. Would you mind lowering the minimum female voice delay?

The sfx/voice delay minimums are what they are because they are meant to be starting points for it to speed up as the animation progresses through stages, and allowing to low of a minimum would mean that speed up would eventually make the sfx/voice overlap or cause crashes. Regardless of what the delay ends up being after sped up however, SexLab does still enforce a minimum that should avoid that incase it does somehow get to low, the delay for voice and sfx gets clamped to a minimum of 0.8 seconds after the speed up, so I don't know why I haven't just allowed setting it to that minimum as a starting point. I'll update the MCM to allow 0.8 second as the lowest starting point. 

I briefly hunted around for some (script-based) means of wresting control over the SexLab sound effects (smacking and whatnot) and didn't find any.  Experts: Where should I have looked?

If there isn't anything of the sort, I'm adding it to the suggestion box.  What I'm after here is the option to disable the sound effects - not the moans - on a per-StartThread basis, so that the coordination and timing of those sound effects can be preferentially dictated by my own script.  (In the interest of completion, a second flag for likewise temporarily disabling the moans would probably also be useful.)

See above for related info.

But sure, I'll add a modder API function to threads for overriding the sfx and voice delays of a thread.

I have a simple request I know you have ways of checking if an actor is currently in an animation but I would like a simple way to check if there in an alias for example  like with RandomSex before they get to the point where there doing the animation, A quick and easy way although it would take coroperation on everyones part would be for a simple keyword list in SexLab maybe 20 with a simple name like Mod1,Mod2 etc. Then the keyword could just be added to the alias/faction whatever the mod is using and then could be set in a condition for another mod that wants to avoid a conflict. The mod makers would have to put which keyword there using for there mod on the OP in a standard way so we don't use the same one for our mod but it could help with conflicts. It would take 5 min in the ck for everyone to add their selected keyword for there mod so I don't think it would be a big deal for most if it was available and they know it's there.

I'm am relatively new so there may already be a quick and easy way for this it was just I thought I had that would be usefull for a mod like RandomSex.

An actor is "claimed" as soon as AddActor() is called on the actor by a thread being setup, not necessarily once the animation actually starts. And a thread has at least 30 seconds (60 seconds in current beta build) to start an animation before it times out releases all actors. So RandomSex could technically open a thread, add a single actor, than wait around a little while until it finds another actor to use before starting the animation, the actor added before finding another and starting the animation would be considered claimed and un-usable by other threads/mods.

Or for more long term "claiming" of an actor outside of being added to an unstarted thread, a mod could add an actor to the StorageUtil list sexlab keeps of "active actors" would would effectively stop that actor from being used in any sexlab animation, they could then remove the actor from the list and add them to an animation right afterwards at the time of their choosing. I wouldn't recommend doing that though without some safety measures in place for making sure they remove actors from the list in the event of a failure, otherwise an actor could get stuck as being permanently unusable by sexlab until the player ran sexlab's cleaning/setup option to manually clear the list.

Thanks Ashal, for clarifying the status of the current beta.

Quote; "It should be "safe" for use in  a main save at this point, just don't expect existing plugins to be compatible now or anytime soon, there will be broken mods that need to update to the new SexLab to work right."

(Look above for complete text.)

Still wondering if I'm the only one who cannot get correct lipsync/custom facial expression working yet.

I can't seem to get Custom expressions to play either. They work fine when I hit Apply to preview it on a character. But they don't play with actual animations. I think it might be the mods that trigger the animations need to be updated to support the new framework first. Not sure, though.

Still wondering if I'm the only one who cannot get correct lipsync/custom facial expression working yet.

lip sync have been broken in the beta for any character using one of the voice types included in the the vanilla "PlayerVoiceTypes" form list, it's been fixed for awhile in current Git builds.

Expressions you're on your own, I wanted to remove them from SexLab for a reason; they are very hit or miss depending on the mods you have installed.

What do you mean "fixed for awhile in current Git builds"?

Should investigate which mod could conflict so hard with the facial expression, I'm sad they work when using the apply button and completely stop working with any animation starting.