Skyrim with No mods?

Got Skyrim when it was first released and had a few texture replacers, must've played about 20 hrs before i got bored. Reason i got bored? the quests, the combat, and the (near) empty wilderness. 

I ended up just exploring to find all the caves etc just to kill something, I don't know how to describe it but i was expecting more, maybe because i play a lot of mmo's (think i was playing Aion at the time or another mmo (Ktera, Tera-eu beta?) can't remember). Quit the game and thought ill wait until the CK to come out and for mods and DLC's to improve it.

A year+ later lots of mods and a few DLC's, quests are still boring but combat is better and the wilderness is teeming with enemies now all due to mods.

Now on my 5th go ((100+ hrs) had to restart a few times due to mods, all ranging from 40-60 hrs play time),and still have never done a proper play thru, Main quest completed once, completed a few of the factions quests (became harbinger etc) have Dawnguard but have never started it, done a lot of side quests tho due to exploring the caves etc again but enjoy it a lot more since there is plenty of mob's kill from going place to place (don't use fast travel or use a horse), half way thru 'join the imperials' quest line.

So will i ever play Skyrim again unmodded? ... never, will i ever get a proper play thru? ... probably not, reason is when i complete a game once 99% of the time ill never pick it up again, but i like skyrim modded i'm enjoying it now so i don't want to complete it ... yet. 

1st SS taken 2011-11-20 22:44

2nd SS taken 2013-7-15 23:59

2011_11_20_22_44.jpg

2013_7_15_23_59.jpg

Well, first started out on consoles.  Didn't really know about all the modding at the time.  Got pretty far but never got the chance to beat it.

Now that I"m on PC using mods?  Still have yet to finish Skyrim, I never even go talk to the greybeards.  Not even once.  Long as there's mods, probably won't too.

Archived