1 hour ago, Faolon said:

Dunno how much more work it'll cause, but I think you're just going to have to start pruning superfluous sims.

For example, The Pancake family. You can offer them as an extra download if you want, since they're kind of the iconic sims 4 couple, but in the current save we have access to, you've got several couples who basically fill that same role to various degrees. For example, the Acosta family with Lester Sr. in Newcrest. And the Acosta's have way more connections to other sims than the Pancakes do.

Then there are the sim community stories sims that you've added. Removing those would open up more lots. While I do appreciate their addition, I think it's better to just let them be optional downloads for people. Just link the site with the stories and downloads and let people pick and choose for themselves if they want them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think trimming the fat would be best in the long run for both your sanity and the amount of work needed to get the save working. Then again, I have no idea what it's like behind the scenes, so I could be 1000% wrong.

From my understanding the bunch of community stories sims are there just to prevent the spawn of random sims. The lack of space though is real.. damn those sims 4 real estate policies..

9 hours ago, Faolon said:

The Pancake family.

The Pancake family has always been on the chopping block. Just none of the sims I'm being provided live in Willow Creek. ?

Also I'm not afraid of just letting base game sims be homeless. The only reason why the two Windenburg families were uploaded separately is because 1. Ghost already redid them and it would've been a waste and 2. Santana's take is drastically different.

So they're there for people who may prefer a more vanilla experience with them.

8 hours ago, vinceguldo said:

From my understanding the bunch of community stories sims are there just to prevent the spawn of random sims. The lack of space though is real.. damn those sims 4 real estate policies..

Also yes this is a primary reason for their existence.

The game force generates families for empty lots. While I like the community sims they will be replaced. What I meant by the EA real estate issue is that mrrakkon and the guest contributors have used the same lots. So unlike say the sims 1, 2, or 3. I can't simply plop down another lot next to the original. 

Honestly the only benefit to Sims 4 in my opinion is better customization :weary: 

That and building custom saves for Sims 2 can lead to a lot of game breaking bugs... but damn I miss functional cars.

9 hours ago, Faolon said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think trimming the fat would be best in the long run for both your sanity and the amount of work needed to get the save working. Then again, I have no idea what it's like behind the scenes, so I could be 1000% wrong.

Oh the only thing providing psychic damage to my sanity is when sims that have A LOT of social connections need to be deleted and replaced rather than just using the copy paste function of the control center.

Setting up a sim initially is fine. Setting them up again drives me up the wall. Luckily it is fulfilling when I get things done and I see y'all enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Hey all, I'm modifying some of the Sims in the world and want to credit the original creators. The ones I'm working on currently are the characters from Mr. PotatoParty and  Andava, were they all made by @MaxPayne1989? I know that some of them were and are still the same as on his post but there's a couple of others along with all the CC. Just want to give credit where credit is do.

On 8/22/2023 at 11:22 AM, TriggerBlade said:

The game force generates families for empty lots

Don't know if you all know this, but the way the game interprets available lots is that if it has at least 1 Bedroom and 1 Bathroom, then its available for a sim to move into. So if when placing a lot, go to the Buy/Build Menu, click the lot info tab, and set it to have 0 bed/bath. That prevents homeless Sims from moving into any house.

1 hour ago, tensepunisher said:

Hey all, I'm modifying some of the Sims in the world and want to credit the original creators. The ones I'm working on currently are the characters from Mr. PotatoParty and  Andava, were they all made by @MaxPayne1989? I know that some of them were and are still the same as on his post but there's a couple of others along with all the CC.

Edited by GhostJ27F
  • 2 weeks later...

I rented the only "open" apartment available in w/e the city is called. My neighbors, even though they have fully functioning bathrooms, beds, ect in their own apartments, they dont seem to be using them and are sitting in hallway smelly (lack of hygiene) and falling asleep. How do i fix this (if at all) w/o d.l new save file and starting over? thnx.

7 hours ago, getsu44 said:

is there an all-in-one download for the suggested mods, option mods, tweaks, traits, etc or do i have to manually download all of em?

Unfortunately no, for the most part they get  updated frequently is why we won't create an all in one.

Edited by GhostJ27F
21 hours ago, ThiccTwain said:

I rented the only "open" apartment available in w/e the city is called. My neighbors, even though they have fully functioning bathrooms, beds, ect in their own apartments, they dont seem to be using them and are sitting in hallway smelly (lack of hygiene) and falling asleep. How do i fix this (if at all) w/o d.l new save file and starting over? thnx.

I believe that's a vanilla game bug. At least from what I've managed to find when googling. I've had it happen to me multiple times in different saves (both modded and non-modded) and in every case it was always the BFF household. Seem to fix itself over time though because even though I had it happen last week, when I was visiting the household the other day it was fixed.

6 hours ago, Chipendale said:

I believe that's a vanilla game bug. At least from what I've managed to find when googling. I've had it happen to me multiple times in different saves (both modded and non-modded) and in every case it was always the BFF household. Seem to fix itself over time though because even though I had it happen last week, when I was visiting the household the other day it was fixed.

I THINK i fixed it? All i did was add bath/bedroom amount(s) to the apartment info. Now i just have ppl standing in hallway starring at wall, (Gotta look into that). I think have the lot loaded in would fix it temporarily, but once u leave it may have issues again. I havent tested it long enough to see if this actually fixed it tho, fyi. lol

So I received a DM offering a redesign of an untouched maxis lot. 

I thought I'd let everyone know that if any of y'all want to redesign some lots feel free to offer and I'll add your name in the guest contributor area. mrrakkon, ghost, and I aren't the most passionate of architects so if you believe you have some ideas feel free to offer a design and if it meets criteria of what is needed we'll add it to the save and put your name next in the contributor section.

There are some obvious lots that are off limits such as the strip club and many of the overhauled apartments but anything that's lightly edited base game or untouched is free game.

Note that if your design is rejected, it is not meant as an offense to your skill. We just have a vibe we're going for.

19 hours ago, ThiccTwain said:

I THINK i fixed it? All i did was add bath/bedroom amount(s) to the apartment info.

Yeah this is an issue that's being worked on. Not sure if it's the direct cause but it can be the source of weird stuff on occasion.

23 minutes ago, chad6o said:

Language Barriers:

This might be old news but the link on simscommunity page is deactivated/broken. The mod is on Curse Forge, and it's also on frankkmods.com

Thanks for the heads up. I'll correct it when I have the chance.

I forget to check sometimes.

On 9/16/2023 at 8:07 AM, GhostJ27F said:

Unfortunately no, for the most part they get  updated frequently is why we won't create an all in one.

Also this.

If we could make all the fun gameplay and sims be the default installation, we would. Sadly we are not game developers.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you add all the  dozen's of NPC females with either body hair and/or a penis? Or was that just an EA "Bug". I played the save before and at least a half dozen  female npc's have grown a third leg.  I'm not try to start anything here. Just wondering if you modified them, or if EA is doing it as I'm not personally interested in finding out the "hard way" if any more surprised are going to "pop up".  Either way, lots of great work work put into this. 

Could you help me remember what mod could cause this?

I was away for a while and updated from 1.98 to 1.100 in EA, I started reviewing the mods and started updating them through Forge and through the mod manager and the other manuals, but I don't know which mod I'm forgetting.

Spoiler

image.png.28f8df3ed3a86fcf84901a948c803253.png

I really prefer to ask before trying the 50/50 since I have more than 100GB in the mods folder.

Check if it is a thepancake mod since they tend to be the ones that break the most with updates, but as far as I saw only 1 had broken.

It doesn't affect me much at events, but I don't have time for active jobs and other things :(

It has nothing to do with the "world" but it is a mod that was/is one of those recommended for the world, so I don't know what it is :c

7 minutes ago, Virtualonete said:

Could you help me remember what mod could cause this?

I was away for a while and updated from 1.98 to 1.100 in EA, I started reviewing the mods and started updating them through Forge and through the mod manager and the other manuals, but I don't know which mod I'm forgetting.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.28f8df3ed3a86fcf84901a948c803253.png

I really prefer to ask before trying the 50/50 since I have more than 100GB in the mods folder.

Check if it is a thepancake mod since they tend to be the ones that break the most with updates, but as far as I saw only 1 had broken.

It doesn't affect me much at events, but I don't have time for active jobs and other things :(

It has nothing to do with the "world" but it is a mod that was/is one of those recommended for the world, so I don't know what it is :c

Whenever I had a glitchy UI it was always caused by CC Wrench Override. Do you have something similar that could be causing it?

2 minutes ago, Chipendale said:

Whenever I had a glitchy UI it was always caused by CC Wrench Override. Do you have something similar that could be causing it?

I started looking for solutions in the EA forum anyway and it seems that the one that causes this is the "UI Cheats Extension" but I have to check.

I don't have the one you mention to me.

I usually always clean all my CC and keep it updated, I even tend to delay game updates so that the mod updates come out, but I don't know what it could be.

I already updated the UI Cheats Extension, I don't know if I forgot to update the scrypt or the package.

Well, in 1 hour I'll comment if it was that or not, that's how long it takes to open my game throughout CC lol

1 minute ago, Virtualonete said:

I started looking for solutions in the EA forum anyway and it seems that the one that causes this is the "UI Cheats Extension" but I have to check.

I don't have the one you mention to me.

I usually always clean all my CC and keep it updated, I even tend to delay game updates so that the mod updates come out, but I don't know what it could be.

I already updated the UI Cheats Extension, I don't know if I forgot to update the scrypt or the package.

Well, in 1 hour I'll comment if it was that or not, that's how long it takes to open my game throughout CC lol

Ah yes, I keep forgetting about that one. I've never used it myself but I have seen it be the culprit too many times to count. Wish you best of luck, friendo.

Dear mod author(s), you are fantastic, may god bless you. So many great characters, and they don't look or feel out of place. Downloading the mods was totally worth it. 

The only question I have is current AWE integration. How does the studio in Oasis work with it? Can I use it for an active adult movies career? The game just does not let me assign AWE studio lot type for it, says that type can't be changed for a special lot (although AWE type lot is available for other lots). From what I understand it is a vanilla(?) film studio in the save. 

Edited by lolipopex
1 hour ago, lolipopex said:

Dear mod author(s), you are fantastic, may god bless you. So many great characters, and they don't look or feel out of place. Downloading the mods was totally worth it. 

The only question I have is current AWE integration. How does the studio in Oasis work with it? Can I use it for an active adult movies career? The game just does not let me assign AWE studio lot type for it, says that type can't be changed for a special lot (although AWE type lot is available for other lots). From what I understand it is a vanilla(?) film studio in the save. 

I had this problem that in some worlds I can not assign the AWE lot but in others yes, and the AWE modder told me that it is due to some mod of locations such as Zerbu, Basemental, etc. some must cause this problem, I'm still checking in my mods to see which venue I have that may be the one that causes it, since both Zerbu and Basemental should not have problems with AWE.

3 hours ago, Virtualonete said:

I had this problem that in some worlds I can not assign the AWE lot but in others yes, and the AWE modder told me that it is due to some mod of locations such as Zerbu, Basemental, etc. some must cause this problem, I'm still checking in my mods to see which venue I have that may be the one that causes it, since both Zerbu and Basemental should not have problems with AWE.

If it's true hope it gets fixed in 0.3 save. Please let us know if you manage to resolve the issue, at least a temporary fix would be good.

On 10/4/2023 at 4:55 PM, lolipopex said:

If it's true hope it gets fixed in 0.3 save. Please let us know if you manage to resolve the issue, at least a temporary fix would be good.

This wouldn't be something I'd be fixing on my end as it's a thing with those mods.

Speaking of which. I'm gonna be adding some to the list and spending today updating the save. I took a break because real life got hectic but I'm hoping y'all will enjoy the new updates in 0.3