Easy way to Translate Pose positions in Pose Edit?

Long story short, I am trying to take someone else's pose(s), which were designed to be used in a specific room, and move them to a position that is more universal for all rooms by using the pose edit room.  But my  attempts thus far seem to be indicating that I would have to edit every single key by hand.  I'm not exactly a pose edit noob, but I'm no expert either.  Is there an easy way to do this so that the models aren't floating in mid-air in rooms that the poses weren't designed for.  I'm willing to put some work into it, but editing every key is pretty much an impossible task considering I didn't make the poses.

Yes, there is a way. You have to select the hip of a person with translation. You can move the whole person with the cursor by holding down the Shift key.

All persons are moved when the all person key is pressed.

And with the key editing button pressed, all movements are taken over...

Works very well with transition moving, but not well with rotating moving - this has to be corrected by hand...

And don't forget to turn everything off again afterwards ?

And I forgot - with manual adjustment, the Key Edition button also helps. A pose modified with the Key Editor engaged, for example the hand, changes the movement of the hand throughout the Scene...

PoseEdit.png

Edited by RidSol
15 hours ago, RidSol said:

Yes, there is a way. You have to select the hip of a person with translation. You can move the whole person with the cursor by holding down the Shift key.

All persons are moved when the all person key is pressed.

And with the key editing button pressed, all movements are taken over...

Works very well with transition moving, but not well with rotating moving - this has to be corrected by hand...

And don't forget to turn everything off again afterwards ?

And I forgot - with manual adjustment, the Key Edition button also helps. A pose modified with the Key Editor engaged, for example the hand, changes the movement of the hand throughout the Scene...

PoseEdit.png

Oh wow, that was very easy to do.  Worked like a charm, thanks!

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to figure out how to move only actor 1 and actor 3 in this foursome pose.   But everything I'm doing only seems to result in all four people moving.  I'm positive I've done this months ago, but that's long enough for me to forget how to do it.   (Don't pay too close attention to which boxes/options I have checked, I'm aware that when I took the screenshot they were probably wrong.)

move.jpg

Edited by Milkman Dan
3 hours ago, Milkman Dan said:

I'm trying to figure out how to move only actor 1 and actor 3 in this foursome pose.   But everything I'm doing only seems to result in all four people moving.  I'm positive I've done this months ago, but that's long enough for me to forget how to do it.   (Don't pay too close attention to which boxes/options I have checked, I'm aware that when I took the screenshot they were probably wrong.)

move.jpg

Here you go ;)

2022-05-29_22-06-11.png.1f1e15c860c73b43100e5b6e53c07c7a.png

If I have "Toggle All-Person Manipulation" turned on, it moves all four actors.  But I only want to move actors 1 and 3, not all four actors.

However, I noticed that if I turn off the options, it still moves all four people at once.  So I'm doing something wrong, or I'm using the wrong keyboard shortcuts.  I read that you can use the mouse to move actors, but I can never get that to work, I can only use keyboard shorcuts like Alt-Arrow and Ctrl-Arrow.

Yes, I know the problem. Because you can only change the position of one person or all of them...

I solve the problem by marking all relevant body parts of the persons concerned in the pose editor (while holding the Shift key)

These are upper body, hands, hip and don't forget elbows and knees...

However, elbows and knees do not always want to follow the position and rework will always be necessary....

PoseEditor01.jpg

PoseEditor02.jpg

Alright, that makes sense to me.  Thanks for explaining it.  I thought it'd be as easy as just hiding the additional actors behind a wall by moving their hips, but I see it's more complex than that.  Now I know what to do.

Edited by Milkman Dan