Xeo 5 Npc replacer

Use XeoSP++ at the link provided above. 

Xeo5 isn't around as it became XeoSP v1 and then later XeoSP++.

XeoSP++ is compatible with MBP so that is a side benefit.

Now Xeo v4 has some major differences in how some of the races are treated, the argonians are one that comes to mind.  Poontank could give you more info as he still uses Xeo4 I think.

That's right! Still loving it and constantly tweaking its races.

Making the XEO Redguard races look like the 'Better Redguards'-enhanced vanilla race and such. I wonder if more recent XEO versions still have the humanized Argonian races included? Or the 'Khajiit Female' race with that weird pointy-chinned head mesh?

I think all XEO versions are standalone. At least MBP isn't listed as a requirement for XEO SP++.

That's right! Still loving it and constantly tweaking its races (referring to Greg's comment I forgot to quote).

Making the XEO Redguard races look like the 'Better Redguards'-enhanced vanilla race and such. I wonder if more recent XEO versions still have the humanized Argonian races included? Or the 'Khajiit Female' race with that weird pointy-chinned head mesh?

I think all XEO versions are standalone.

What body mod are you using when I had It install my face and body color weren't matching

A common problem with the game, unrelated to the body used.

For a multitude of available bodies a 'SetBody' mod is the best option, with your most favourite body as your default in 'Meshes\Characters\_Male'.

A difference between head and body colour is because of the facegen's skin tones. For some races it's really hard to tweak the facial skin tone so it matches the body. That's why I prefer not to use the system at all. With a simple tweak to the game's ini file you can switch off the skin tones, it will improve most characters' looks at a tiny price:

Find the ini file in the 'My Documents\My Games\Oblivion' folder. Look in the first big block of settings for the line bFaceGenTexturing=1. Simply change the 1 to zero and save the file. Don't confuse it with bUseFaceGenHeads two lines above! Everybody in the game will be headless when editing that line.

obinifacegentexturing.jpg

The price one has to pay is this: The Redguard race's skin will look exactly like all the other humanoid races. No more darker-skinned 'ethnic' characters. But the 'Better Redguards' mod I mentioned is the remedy for this problem.

A common problem with the game, unrelated to the body used.

For a multitude of available bodies a 'SetBody' mod is the best option, with your most favourite body as your default in 'Meshes\Characters\_Male'.

A difference between head and body colour is because of the facegen's skin tones. For some races it's really hard to tweak the facial skin tone so it matches the body. That's why I prefer not to use the system at all. With a simple tweak to the game's ini file you can switch off the skin tones, it will improve most characters' looks at a tiny price:

Find the ini file in the 'My Documents\My Games\Oblivion' folder. Look in the first big block of settings for the line bFaceGenTexturing=1. Simply change the 1 to zero and save the file. Don't confuse it with bUseFaceGenHeads two lines above! Everybody in the game will be headless when editing that line.

obinifacegentexturing.jpg

The price one has to pay is this: The Redguard race's skin will look exactly like all the other humanoid races. No more darker-skinned 'ethnic' characters. But the 'Better Redguards' mod I mentioned is the remedy for this problem.

Yea that seem to work btw

1.are you using any mods for argonian or orcs?

2. I install XeoSp++ when I load up my game I get purple skin and no face I haven't install the BSA file yet. I'm using wrye bash how would I install them ?o_O

You don't install bsa files with wrye.  You just drop them into your oblivion\data folder same as you would an esm or esp file.

All of the textures are in the bsa file, which is why you are seeing the purple and no face.  The game can't find what you don't install.  :-/

To get better Orcs the race overhaul by Ploms is very good:

Detailed gritty and veiny skin, a head mesh with a more humanoid nose and a selection of fitting hairstyles and eyes.

My Argonians are still vanilla but with better textures from these two mods.

Ploms has also made an Argonian overhaul, but as far as I know only female characters are affected, haven't tried that mod yet.

Archived