Cursed DD Enchantings - reloaded

14 hours ago, jbezorg said:

I have a version that integrates Rogg DD manager that I'm testing out. It supersedes the 3 form lists you've created though.

Basically, it works like this.

There's an empty Form List "Bo57_CL_rogglist" added to the ESP.

OnPlayerLoadGame() in "Bo57_CL_main_playerRefScript" detects if Rogg DD manager is loaded and sets an internal var "RoggDDManager" if it is.

In the OnTimer(int aiTimerID) event. Before "equipfrom_list" is processed. "RoggDDManager" is checked. If it is not "none" then Formlist "Bo57_CL_rogglist" is reverted back to being empty then filled using the Rog DD "PickRandomItemsRemote" function. "equipfrom_list" is then set equal to "Bo57_CL_rogglist".

I'm thinking of adding an additional step where the original content of "equipfrom_list" filters "Bo57_CL_rogglist" before being overwritten.

I can upload what I have if you want.

Some months ago, I have made a small change to Roggvirs DD_Manager, that allowed it to make some pre-filtering for devices.

It worked very well, but lateron I had no usage for this modification and I never asked Roggvir if he can adopt my modification

It adds an additional function for a random call, just have a look at the screenshots what I have changed:

image.png.5a788b5468ffbb37788dd96d1c7be415.png

and than modified this function

image.png.5b22e3d41fecbbb83c6f26fa756d34dc.png

At the time when I wrote this I know where you can find the definition of the different device groups in Roggvirs mod.

But I already forget things too fast now.

One thing that always annoyed me with roggvirs mod was the handling for the defaults (always 50) after reload. I changed that to 1.0 but this is not better than 50. A solution with an Ini file independant of game saves would be much better. You even do not require an MCM for it,

just the ini file than you can use the MCM functions for easy access.

Anyway of coarse you can send me your modifications or I could send you my last version with the compilable follower stuff. My problem is now the last FO4Edit version 4.03 does not allow direct modification of the masterlist, therefore AWKCR still is an unnecessary master.

In next week I have less time, but afterwards it hopefully will gets better.

And since 'See you sleep' is no longer officially available I plan to make my own mod: "Go to sleep".

I think I have solved the biggest problems already, only the "camera problem" cannot be solved since the

ReadMessage () function from ConsoleUtil is bugged and completely unusable.

(This will require to get some settings using the console manually and place these values in an INI File, as an alternative my mod could support

Custom Camera --> where I found the camera solution)

And of coarse I still need to make a standalone mod. LOL ? (At the moment my experiments are done using some other existing mod)

Regards

17 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

One thing that always annoyed me with roggvirs mod was the handling for the defaults (always 50) after reload

Let me introduce you to MCM Settings Manager for Fallout 4.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56195

This does slow up the MCM load considerably but I have 1.0. I hope 1.1, which I just downloaded, is faster. it's worth it though.

What is does is crawl through the MCM menus and saves all settings and key binds. ALL mods with MCM menus. Including mods that don't have a save function like Rogvir's DD manager and Cursed Wasteland. You can then apply that profile to a new game and your done. 

It also tracks changes between the saved profile and your current settings. So if you change a setting in your 50+ MCM menu load order and you really don't like how the change plays you can look and see the exact differences between all your current settings and the profile. Even filtering out settings that haven't changed.

Edited by jbezorg
4 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Let me introduce you to MCM Settings Manager for Fallout 4.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56195

This does slow up the MCM load considerably but I have 1.0. I hope 1.1, which I just downloaded, is faster. it's worth it though.

What is does is crawl through the MCM menus and saves all settings and key binds. ALL mods with MCM menus. Including mods that don't have a save function like Rogvir's DD manager and Cursed Wasteland. You can then apply that profile to a new game and your done. 

It also tracks changes between the saved profile and your current settings. So if you change a setting in your 50+ MCM menu load order and you really don't like how the change plays you can look and see the exact differences between all your current settings and the profile. Even filtering out settings that haven't changed.

Yes, I have already seen this mod.  At that time I do not want to use it, because the more MCM mods you install the slower MCM openes.

There is kind of patch (?) on Nexus that should speed the MCM back to normal behaviour, but I never installed  snd tryout this Boost:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56997

Also with my knowledge sometimes I simply open the esp and change the default values either in the Global values or in the scripts.

Only  with  the  mod from  @Roggvir this seem a ton of work I do not want to do.

Anyway it is also a question how modders decide to store the values for thesettings.

If the Mod mostly uses Ini files for the settings (as with AAF violate), than the MCM settings manager is  obsolete in my opinion.

All your settings are stored already in an external file that can be copied or can have a backup.

On 7/10/2022 at 5:07 AM, Kanlaon said:

Some months ago, I have made a small change to Roggvirs DD_Manager, that allowed it to make some pre-filtering for devices.

It worked very well, but lateron I had no usage for this modification and I never asked Roggvir if he can adopt my modification

It adds an additional function for a random call, just have a look at the screenshots what I have changed:

image.png.5a788b5468ffbb37788dd96d1c7be415.png

and than modified this function

image.png.5b22e3d41fecbbb83c6f26fa756d34dc.png

At the time when I wrote this I know where you can find the definition of the different device groups in Roggvirs mod.

But I already forget things too fast now.

One thing that always annoyed me with roggvirs mod was the handling for the defaults (always 50) after reload. I changed that to 1.0 but this is not better than 50. A solution with an Ini file independant of game saves would be much better. You even do not require an MCM for it,

just the ini file than you can use the MCM functions for easy access.

Anyway of coarse you can send me your modifications or I could send you my last version with the compilable follower stuff. My problem is now the last FO4Edit version 4.03 does not allow direct modification of the masterlist, therefore AWKCR still is an unnecessary master.

In next week I have less time, but afterwards it hopefully will gets better.

And since 'See you sleep' is no longer officially available I plan to make my own mod: "Go to sleep".

I think I have solved the biggest problems already, only the "camera problem" cannot be solved since the

ReadMessage () function from ConsoleUtil is bugged and completely unusable.

(This will require to get some settings using the console manually and place these values in an INI File, as an alternative my mod could support

Custom Camera --> where I found the camera solution)

And of coarse I still need to make a standalone mod. LOL ? (At the moment my experiments are done using some other existing mod)

Regards

I think an easier solution would be to pass your own FormList that applies the Roggvir DDM users preferences as a filter. Much better than trying to teach bitmasks in the mod docs. Or dealing with a penitential future change in form ids (Because the moment you say you don't need to account for something that will never happen someone will do it).

This adds basic Roggvir DDM support. It also adds the DD_GagFaceMorphs script to the rendered gags where it was missing in "DD_Enchantings.esp".

RC8 Cursed DD Enchantings.7z

Edited by jbezorg
14 hours ago, jbezorg said:

I think an easier solution would be to pass your own FormList that applies the Roggvir DDM users preferences as a filter. Much better than trying to teach bitmasks in the mod docs. Or dealing with a penitential future change in form ids (Because the moment you say you don't need to account for something that will never happen someone will do it).

This adds basic Roggvir DDM support. It also adds the DD_GagFaceMorphs script to the rendered gags where it was missing in "DD_Enchantings.esp".

RC8 Cursed DD Enchantings.7z 1.38 MB · 7 downloads

thank you for this patch but awkcr is a master !

can you make a version without awkcr ?

cordially

Edited by leduss

Ok, I think the scripts modified by @jbezorgare ok, so this version should work good.

Something I do not know is:  Why are so many modifications done for the RC8 patch, since there exist a patch for the patch already :)

I never got any feedback if my patch to use cursed DD enchantings together with RC8 Devious devices is buggy, is missing something or is working well.

However if you use the jbezorg version and also have Nude Basics installed, the breaking armor feature for Devious devices can only use the 'default durability' for devious devices. Different values for durability are gained from the DD armor value, which now is again set to 0 in this version. 

Well, something I also forgot. My mod does not only contain traps for players - unintentionally it also contains traps for modders. Lol ?

What i mean is:  ... CL_Main_Playerrefscript is connected to the referencealias in the cursedlootquest script.

So I assume in case you stop and start the cursed loot quest using the MCM all the variables of the quest script are resetted.

If this is done too for the playerrefscript (I've not yet tested it) than the Detection for 'Roggvir' could be lost and you need to load a saved game -

otherwise everything is working the old way without roggvir

2 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

If you have Fo4Edit, maybe you could remove it by yourself ?

thank you for the answer but I tried but the esp is grayed out impossible to access it !

image.png.7dbb2a095375a5096267af5a5544f8d6.png

Edited by leduss
6 hours ago, leduss said:

thank you for the answer but I tried but the esp is grayed out impossible to access it !

Hmm, yes I guess this annoying change  comes up with FO4Edit version 4.0.

You can try to use the 'clean masters' feature in the main menu, but I do not know  if it helps in this case. ?

I myself have FO4Edit 4.x on my gaming pc and for 'these special cases' Fo4Edit version 3.2 on my developing system, where it is still possible to edit the master list direct.

2 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Hmm, yes I guess this annoying change  comes up with FO4Edit version 4.0.

You can try to use the 'clean masters' feature in the main menu, but I do not know  if it helps in this case. ?

I myself have FO4Edit 4.x on my gaming pc and for 'these special cases' Fo4Edit version 3.2 on my developing system, where it is still possible to edit the master list direct.

could you make a clean version of awkcr? that would be really appreciated.

because I just tried with v 3.2 and even if I can access the esp now it makes an error with the armored....esm still missing!

Cordially

12 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Why are so many modifications done for the RC8 patch, since there exist a patch for the patch already

Weeellllll......

DD Enchantings added all the gags but not all of them had the DD:DD_GagFaceMorphs scripts added to them so I started there.
Then I noticed the difference in mouth morph targets....
Then I thought I'd sync the weights and cap values because that was an easy fix...
Then I noticed missing RC8 enchantments like vibration and shock effects and I since I was already in FO4Edit....

You get the idea. 

20 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

However if you use the jbezorg version and also have Nude Basics installed, the breaking armor feature for Devious devices can only use the 'default durability' for devious devices. Different values for durability are gained from the DD armor value, which now is again set to 0 in this version. 

I missed that. I'll try to fix it over the next day or two. 

12 hours ago, jbezorg said:

@Kanlaon

were there any intentional edits made to the DD_Library quest? RC8 and DD2 have some differences in the properties. RC8 also adds a voice type check "Kimy" (and the voice) for the vendor in the memory den. 

Actually, I still don't know what to think of RC8.
If RC8 is installed in my game, then when loading a saved game, a few Error messages are thrown into the PapyrusLog.
This is not the case with the original version.

Comparing the RC8 DD_Library to the original library, it looks like a visit to the dentist - everything is marked in red.
I didn't look at the 'bug fix' for the database in detail, the approach of increasing the database size from 256 to 2560 entries is simply inappropriate in my opinion.
I'm also not sure if that really fixes something or just the propability that the bug occurs is reduced to 10%. For my part, I tend to simply remove an entry from the database in order to return it to make space. - The oldest entry is usually the easiest to recognize.

Then there seems to be a new arousel system, although I don't even know which mods are using this at all -
Probably I play too much ESO and not enough fallout :( - In ESO bug fixing is done by paid maintenance staff!
However, I think it's good that the problem with the 'Menumode' in connection with the mod Fallsouls was fixed. --> There are a few queries changed, then it works well.
I was aware of at least 2 other bugs in Kimy's original (1 sound problem and 1 body slot) problem, but I don't think they were fixed (but didn't actually check it)

@Kimy is a very good modder with a good programming style, although I do not like the design of Devios Devices at all.
Nevertheless when someone else makes changes, all too often it's just old bugs replacing with new bugs.

9 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Actually, I still don't know what to think of RC8.
If RC8 is installed in my game, then when loading a saved game, a few Error messages are thrown into the PapyrusLog.
This is not the case with the original version.

Comparing the RC8 DD_Library to the original library, it looks like a visit to the dentist - everything is marked in red.
I didn't look at the 'bug fix' for the database in detail, the approach of increasing the database size from 256 to 2560 entries is simply inappropriate in my opinion.
I'm also not sure if that really fixes something or just the propability that the bug occurs is reduced to 10%. For my part, I tend to simply remove an entry from the database in order to return it to make space. - The oldest entry is usually the easiest to recognize.

Then there seems to be a new arousel system, although I don't even know which mods are using this at all -
Probably I play too much ESO and not enough fallout :( - In ESO bug fixing is done by paid maintenance staff!
However, I think it's good that the problem with the 'Menumode' in connection with the mod Fallsouls was fixed. --> There are a few queries changed, then it works well.
I was aware of at least 2 other bugs in Kimy's original (1 sound problem and 1 body slot) problem, but I don't think they were fixed (but didn't actually check it)

@Kimy is a very good modder with a good programming style, although I do not like the design of Devios Devices at all.
Nevertheless when someone else makes changes, all too often it's just old bugs replacing with new bugs.

I haven't run into any bugs that were not already there. e.g. NPC support.

DD2 is unfinished and @Kimy hasn't updated it in 4 years and doesn't plan to. No blame. DD for all the versions of Skyrim is a full time job and it keeps getting better. But in those 4 years though DD2 has accumulated a bunch of patches to make it playable. To make an equal feature compassion it would be Devious Devices 2.0 Patched, DD_LegAnimOverride, Devious Devices AAF Support, Devious Devices Face Morphs, Devious Devices NoRun Patch, and some others to RC8 by itself.

It is a mess in need of a serious rewrite but I'm back on Skyrim now. Taking a break from FO4. There's a lot of things that are better in FO4 game play wise but I keep going back to Skyrim and I think it's because of the world. Specifically how beautiful it can be. Lets face it. In FO4 you are playing in a garbage dump. Literally. There's garbage everywhere.

7 hours ago, jbezorg said:

I haven't run into any bugs that were not already there. e.g. NPC support.

DD2 is unfinished and @Kimy hasn't updated it in 4 years and doesn't plan to. No blame. DD for all the versions of Skyrim is a full time job and it keeps getting better. But in those 4 years though DD2 has accumulated a bunch of patches to make it playable. To make an equal feature compassion it would be Devious Devices 2.0 Patched, DD_LegAnimOverride, Devious Devices AAF Support, Devious Devices Face Morphs, Devious Devices NoRun Patch, and some others to RC8 by itself.

It is a mess in need of a serious rewrite but I'm back on Skyrim now. Taking a break from FO4. There's a lot of things that are better in FO4 game play wise but I keep going back to Skyrim and I think it's because of the world. Specifically how beautiful it can be. Lets face it. In FO4 you are playing in a garbage dump. Literally. There's garbage everywhere.

Sometimes I play skyrim and sometimes I play FO4 (or the older versions).

In skyrim I like the heartfire addon best, but sometimes I just miss grenades, pistols and rifles, like in Fallout4 or Borderlands.

For modding, FO4 has the far superior script system.

Eso I like mainly because of the landscape (at least as beautiful as a modded Skyrim !) and the stories (quests). In ESO, everything is just huge. The explorable map is at least 10 times larger than that of Skyrim. (There are also tons of houses of all sizes you can own. Unfortunately ESO doesn't have a really good level and combat system for my taste.

Either fights are just easy, nearly  impossible or impossible. Than the only way for victory is playing in a 4  players group or in a 12players raid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, Krazyone said:

Recommended Requirement...

Jacks Disable Quick Loot... Devious Devices wont fire up without opening containers. The Vanilla Games Quick-Viewing feature, by hovering over a container, allows you to see inside them, and take all their contents without triggering the Traps.

This mod stops you seeing inside containers, forcing the player to open everything, to see inside.

I am currently working on a few small changes for this mod and I cannot understand the behavior described.

In principle, Kimy's original solution will still be used, since I couldn't think of anything better.

The player can open a container normally or look inside with the quick menu and nothing happens, that is normal behaviour.

THE TRAP ONLY TRIGGERS WHEN THE PLAYER TAKES AN ITEM.