Cursed DD Enchantings - reloaded

First off, it seems to work properly. However users should be aware that it harms nearby settlers if a trap goes off near friendly settlers. Second, it would be great to have a restore to default button. Other than that, thank you for the mod.

2 hours ago, bwagdog669680 said:

Okay. Got it. I'm doing a deep dive into scripting tutorials. I understand a lot of it already. I just don't know how to dig into mods to look at their scripts/coding. Or even the Fallout4.esm. I'll get there. Maybe with a little experience I can get up to your level.?

Some modders had an advantage here while others had an advantage there.

Because of my background my advantage was in scripting, but all modders and me too starts with doing simple things first.
A quote from Kimy: No modder knows everything !

Aah yes, and an old programmer's rule is: Understanding another author's software can take about as long as doing it by yourself.

Edited by Kanlaon
14 minutes ago, run4loki2 said:

First off, it seems to work properly. However users should be aware that it harms nearby settlers if a trap goes off near friendly settlers. Second, it would be great to have a restore to default button. Other than that, thank you for the mod.

Does the settlers become hostile and starts attacking the player ?

12 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

Does the settlers become hostile and starts attacking the player ?

Yes. Yes they do. I'm guessing the explosions register as an attack.

1 hour ago, Kanlaon said:

Some modders had an advantage here while others had an advantage there.

Because of my background my advantage was in scripting, but all modders and me too starts with doing simple things first.
A quote from Kimy: No modder knows everything !

Aah yes, and an old programmer's rule is: Understanding another author's software can take about as long as doing it by yourself.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I was getting a bit frustrated with figuring this stuff out. I shall push on!!

11 hours ago, run4loki2 said:

Yes. Yes they do. I'm guessing the explosions register as an attack.

Hmmm. seems there is no very easy solutionm since there is no hostile flag available.  I can try to remove the damage that is done if settlers are very close.

Ok, I've spent some time to compare Devious Devices 2.0 against the version RC8. Since my mod changes the visible items and not the inventory items the difference is not so big.

Actully I had identified 18 visible devices that differ a little bit, some has only minor changings regarding the assigned keywords, some had small extensions for the high heels in RC8 and all the visible gags in RC8 seem to have an additional script for the Face morphs.

All of this can be corrected simply with a small additional esp, that could be installed without further attentions (No save game) .

The one thing I do not understand is that in @bwagdog669680 game the Face morphs are working with my mod installed.

Edited by Kanlaon
2 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Ok, I've spent some time to compare Devious Devices 2.0 against the version RC8. Since my mod changes the visible items and not the inventory items the difference is not so big.

Actully I had identified 18 visible devices that differ a little bit, some has only minor changings regarding the assigned keywords, some had small extensions for the high heels in RC8 and all the visible gags in RC8 seem to have an additional script for the Face morphs.

All of this can be corrected simply with a small additional esp, that could be installed without further attentions (No save game) .

The one thing I do not understand is that in @bwagdog669680 game the Face morphs are working with my mod installed.

The face morphs (mouth open) only worked for the iron bit with pear gag. The ball gag did not apply the morph. Maybe the iron bit w/pear gag was not referenced in your mod. I don't know about RC8. I think I got it from a safe trap.

I have disabled this mod for now. Due to the conflicts with RC8. Face morphs, Vibrator noises missing, orgasm events missing etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of the trapped safes/containers/corpses, and I'll definitely use this mod when it all gets straightened out. Keep up the good work! We're all with ya.

I have now manually merged DD_enchantings rendered armor together with the RC8 versions in a patch mod. One thing I am still not sure. DD Enchantings disables fast travelling

often, while RC8 not. Similar things are done with the keyword for Power armor. RC8 is less restrictiv the Kimy's original version.

On 3/12/2022 at 3:25 AM, run4loki2 said:

Will this mod be compatible with RogDD manager [

]? I really like my probability settings for the restraints that I prefer or hate.

My mod was developed for Kimy's original DD 2.0.

The Roggvir DD that I know was also developed for Kimy's Original devious device. I don't know to what extent it works with the available RC8 patch.

Some things you don't notice at all when you just use a mod without even looking into the inner workings. (The scripts of @Roggvir mod are very well !)

An example solution using Roggvir's mod is implemented in AAF violate, which could be imported easily.

But for me at the moment the main problem is the RC8 patch.

That's why I don't know at the moment whether further efforts here make any sense at all. It's becoming more and more of a bottomless pit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This is an ESP patch that I made for the 'RC8 patch' as best I could. ?

The patch largely restores the state of RC8's Armor Forms, rather than the modified versions from Kimy's Original mod. 

It is untested but at least loadable.

Use at your own risk.

If you have knowledge with FO4Edit you can see the changings by yourself.

DDE_RC8_Compatibility.esp

On 2/15/2022 at 9:39 AM, bwagdog669680 said:

To find the RC8 (Devious Devices update) you have to go to the DD mod page, go to "get support." It is in there. I recommend starting at the last page and going backwards. Several links for it are posted. It did a lot of tweaking, including a DD MCM to adjust tons of things such as Hobble walk/hop, blindfold intensity, events while restrained: Plug, handcuff, gag, trip. You can also manually inflate the inflatable plugs (you'll need the patch to deflate them found in the same thread.

Anyways, tested your mod, it works perfectly. I love the extra effects you added (knock out, fade to black). I always wished someone would add effects. Maybe a squish noise and a grunt or moan when a plug was inserted or a clink noise when a device was locked. Any plans on doing more with this mod?

Again, thank you for your awesome work! Gotta see if I can find this NudeBasics thread.

Direct link to the RC8 post

On 3/28/2022 at 7:06 PM, jbezorg said:

Direct link to the RC8 post

Cool. This will make it easier to find. I need to remove and reload my RC8 anyways, I built the chain plugs in body slide and that always makes them stretched out and wonky. I usually don't build them because the placement of plugs is usually the same for most all bodies. Maybe I can just remove the plugs from the bodyslide list in the future so I don't have to uncheck 50 (give or take) boxes on the batch build.

Anyone know an easy way to leave plugs out of the bodyslide lists????

• 2 weeks later...

@Kanlaon May I ask you a quick question? The minimum wearing time of wearing a device before being able to unlock it seems to be 4 hrs with default DD. With your mod its 8hrs. This can become a "Problem" when combined with other mods. Here an example with Raider Pet, which you might already know of (i put in spoilers because its only an info to describe the problem):

Spoiler

In the Mod Raider Pet you get equipped a makeshift collar but it has an additional effect, it explodes when you not talked to a raider for a period of time. To get free you must get the key of the Raider Boss. But when you have the key, you maybe still cannot unequip the collar because of the minimum wearing time. that means you have to stay at the raiders and do what they want until the minimum time is over. This is impossible if you get the key by force which turns the raiders hostile. So you might managed to get the key, got out of the raiders base alive but will still die due to the remaining minimum wearing time being longer than the time until it explodes because the check for obedience with raiders failed. 

I looked into FO4 Edit and tried to find the info about the minimum wearing time, but didnt find it, neither in your mod nor in the DD Mod. Can you give me a hint were the timer is managed to be able to edit it or is it within a script? Ideally i want to just turn the minimum time for the collar only to 0 to avoid this conflict in my FO install.

1 hour ago, Heinz01 said:

@Kanlaon May I ask you a quick question? The minimum wearing time of wearing a device before being able to unlock it seems to be 4 hrs with default DD. With your mod its 8hrs. This can become a "Problem" when combined with other mods. Here an example with Raider Pet, which you might already know of (i put in spoilers because its only an info to describe the problem):

Reveal hidden contents

In the Mod Raider Pet you get equipped a makeshift collar but it has an additional effect, it explodes when you not talked to a raider for a period of time. To get free you must get the key of the Raider Boss. But when you have the key, you maybe still cannot unequip the collar because of the minimum wearing time. that means you have to stay at the raiders and do what they want until the minimum time is over. This is impossible if you get the key by force which turns the raiders hostile. So you might managed to get the key, got out of the raiders base alive but will still die due to the remaining minimum wearing time being longer than the time until it explodes because the check for obedience with raiders failed. 

I looked into FO4 Edit and tried to find the info about the minimum wearing time, but didnt find it, neither in your mod nor in the DD Mod. Can you give me a hint were the timer is managed to be able to edit it or is it within a script? Ideally i want to just turn the minimum time for the collar only to 0 to avoid this conflict in my FO install.

Ad hoc I would guess that it might be a problem with Raider Pet's collar.

There's probably a script running there. Anyway, I'm not aware of DD-Enchantings changing the unlock times in any way.

I will take a closer  look lateron.

I also played Raider Pet a bit, but never really got to grips with it.

( I had similar problem after killing all riders and

I dislike that nearly no creature attacks the player when the collar is equipped and the player is in the faction 'friend of everybody' )

1 hour ago, Kanlaon said:

Ad hoc I would guess that it might be a problem with Raider Pet's collar.

There's probably a script running there. Anyway, I'm not aware of DD-Enchantings changing the unlock times in any way.

I will take a closer  look lateron.

I also played Raider Pet a bit, but never really got to grips with it.

( I had similar problem after killing all riders and

I dislike that nearly no creature attacks the player when the collar is equipped and the player is in the faction 'friend of everybody' )

Thanks for your reply. I just noticed the longer time when your mod is installed and thought you actually did that. Maybe it doubles the time by coincidence. I am going to ask in the original DD thread.

2 hours ago, Heinz01 said:

Thanks for your reply. I just noticed the longer time when your mod is installed and thought you actually did that. Maybe it doubles the time by coincidence. I am going to ask in the original DD thread.

In the DD_Restraintscript of Devious devices there are 2 lines that seem to have effect for the unlocking time.

Float Property LockShieldTimerMin = 3.0 Auto            ; If this number is greater than zero, the player has to wait for a minimum of this many hours before she can unlock the device with a key.
Float Property LockShieldTimerMax = 7.0 Auto            ; If this number is greater than zero, the player has to wait for a maximum of this many hours before she can unlock the device with a key.

But the DD_Restraintscript usually is assigned to the InventoryObjects. While my Mod mostly changed the rendered (visible) object especiallywhen it comes to collars,

therefore at the moment I do not really have any idea what caused the effect. This would need an ingame test.

11 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

In the DD_Restraintscript of Devious devices there are 2 lines that seem to have effect for the unlocking time.

Float Property LockShieldTimerMin = 3.0 Auto            ; If this number is greater than zero, the player has to wait for a minimum of this many hours before she can unlock the device with a key.
Float Property LockShieldTimerMax = 7.0 Auto            ; If this number is greater than zero, the player has to wait for a maximum of this many hours before she can unlock the device with a key.

But the DD_Restraintscript usually is assigned to the InventoryObjects. While my Mod mostly changed the rendered (visible) object especiallywhen it comes to collars,

therefore at the moment I do not really have any idea what caused the effect. This would need an ingame test.

Thanks for investigating. I probably was misunderstanding the timed lock thing completely. I dont think that your mod does anything wrong. I just thought you had by chance the knowledge i was looking for, because i assumed you changed the timer in your mod. The long timer on testing with your mod versus testing w/o was just generated by a random number, as the script in your post show.

I dont think you need to test anything in this matter for me. Your additional infos about the script helped me a lot to understand it better. Thank you!

Edited by Heinz01
On 4/14/2022 at 11:20 AM, Heinz01 said:

There is a very easy fix for raider collar - which is to edit the .esp in FO4edit and alter the time until it detonates to something huge. I would have prefered a shocking effect in raider's pet, as I see no point in just ending the game.

My own question: I've noticed that cursed DD enchantings seems to place leg irons on me more often than not - how does it select the actual devious device to use? Is it just RNG or does it select some items over others?

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 5:13 AM, Kanlaon said:

My mod was developed for Kimy's original DD 2.0.

The Roggvir DD that I know was also developed for Kimy's Original devious device. I don't know to what extent it works with the available RC8 patch.

Some things you don't notice at all when you just use a mod without even looking into the inner workings. (The scripts of @Roggvir mod are very well !)

An example solution using Roggvir's mod is implemented in AAF violate, which could be imported easily.

But for me at the moment the main problem is the RC8 patch.

That's why I don't know at the moment whether further efforts here make any sense at all. It's becoming more and more of a bottomless pit.

Roggvir DD has no affect on DD and works with RC8. I'm using it now. 

Here's code I copied from the current version of AAF Violates for something I'm currently working on.

GlobalVariable Property DD_Max_Devices Auto

String[] Property DDColors Auto Const

ScriptObject DDlibs
ScriptObject RoggDDManager

FormList DD_FL_All
FormList DD_MaleModelItems

Keyword DD_kw_ItemType_Gag

Function LoadDD()
	If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Devious Devices.esm")
		Quest DDQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x09004C50, "Devious Devices.esm") as Quest
		DDlibs = DDQuest.CastAs("DD:DD_Library")

DD_FL_All = Game.getFormFromFile(0x0905E95B, "Devious Devices.esm") as FormList
		DD_MaleModelItems = Game.getFormFromFile(0x09044EBB, "Devious Devices.esm") as FormList
		DD_kw_ItemType_Gag = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x09015DE9, "Devious Devices.esm") as Keyword

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Rogg DD Items Manager.esp")
			Quest RoggDDQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00004c50, "Rogg DD Items Manager.esp") as Quest
			RoggDDManager = RoggDDQuest.CastAs("Rogg:DDManager")
		Else
			RoggDDManager = None
		EndIf

Utility.Wait(0.1)
	EndIf
EndFunction

Function RandomDD(Actor akActor)
	If (RoggDDManager) && (akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() == 1)

Var formVar = RoggDDManager.CallFunction("PickRandomItemsRemote", new Var[0])

If (formVar)
			form[] _forms = Utility.VarToVarArray(formVar) as form[]
			Int rndColor  = Utility.RandomInt(0,2)

; Limit the number of DD items.
			; DD_Max_Devices w/ value 0f 0 equals no limit.
			Int maxDD = DD_Max_Devices.GetValue() as Int
			If (maxDD > 0)
				While (_forms.Length > maxDD)
					_forms.RemoveLast()
				EndWhile
			EndIf

var[] EdVar = new var[6]
			EdVar[0] = akActor
			EdVar[2] = none
			EdVar[3] = true
			EdVar[4] = none
			EdVar[5] = DDColors[rndColor]

Int _i = _forms.Length
			While _i > 0
				_i = _i - 1
				EdVar[1] = _forms[_i] as armor
				Bool _result = DDLibs.CallFunction("EquipDevice", EdVar) as Bool
			EndWhile
		EndIf
	ElseIf (DDlibs)
		var[] EdVar = new var[5]

EdVar[0] = akActor
		If akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() == 1; Female
			EdVar[1] = DD_FL_All
		Else
			EdVar[1] = DD_MaleModelItems
		EndIf
		EdVar[2] = 5
		EdVar[3] = "none"
		EdVar[4] = false

DDLibs.CallFunction("EquipRandomDevice", EdVar) as Bool
	EndIf
EndFunction

On 4/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, Nuka Cherry said:

There is a very easy fix for raider collar - which is to edit the .esp in FO4edit and alter the time until it detonates to something huge. I would have prefered a shocking effect in raider's pet, as I see no point in just ending the game.

My own question: I've noticed that cursed DD enchantings seems to place leg irons on me more often than not - how does it select the actual devious device to use? Is it just RNG or does it select some items over others?

The only thing I remember is that safes uses its own formlist, so that the chances the player gets more restricting devices as if an

ordinary trap fires.

?

4 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Roggvir DD has no affect on DD and works with RC8. I'm using it now. 

Here's code I copied from the current version of AAF Violates for something I'm currently working on.

GlobalVariable Property DD_Max_Devices Auto

String[] Property DDColors Auto Const

ScriptObject DDlibs
ScriptObject RoggDDManager

FormList DD_FL_All
FormList DD_MaleModelItems

Keyword DD_kw_ItemType_Gag

Function LoadDD()
	If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Devious Devices.esm")
		Quest DDQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x09004C50, "Devious Devices.esm") as Quest
		DDlibs = DDQuest.CastAs("DD:DD_Library")

DD_FL_All = Game.getFormFromFile(0x0905E95B, "Devious Devices.esm") as FormList
		DD_MaleModelItems = Game.getFormFromFile(0x09044EBB, "Devious Devices.esm") as FormList
		DD_kw_ItemType_Gag = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x09015DE9, "Devious Devices.esm") as Keyword

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Rogg DD Items Manager.esp")
			Quest RoggDDQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00004c50, "Rogg DD Items Manager.esp") as Quest
			RoggDDManager = RoggDDQuest.CastAs("Rogg:DDManager")
		Else
			RoggDDManager = None
		EndIf

Utility.Wait(0.1)
	EndIf
EndFunction

Function RandomDD(Actor akActor)
	If (RoggDDManager) && (akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() == 1)

Var formVar = RoggDDManager.CallFunction("PickRandomItemsRemote", new Var[0])

If (formVar)
			form[] _forms = Utility.VarToVarArray(formVar) as form[]
			Int rndColor  = Utility.RandomInt(0,2)

; Limit the number of DD items.
			; DD_Max_Devices w/ value 0f 0 equals no limit.
			Int maxDD = DD_Max_Devices.GetValue() as Int
			If (maxDD > 0)
				While (_forms.Length > maxDD)
					_forms.RemoveLast()
				EndWhile
			EndIf

var[] EdVar = new var[6]
			EdVar[0] = akActor
			EdVar[2] = none
			EdVar[3] = true
			EdVar[4] = none
			EdVar[5] = DDColors[rndColor]

Int _i = _forms.Length
			While _i > 0
				_i = _i - 1
				EdVar[1] = _forms[_i] as armor
				Bool _result = DDLibs.CallFunction("EquipDevice", EdVar) as Bool
			EndWhile
		EndIf
	ElseIf (DDlibs)
		var[] EdVar = new var[5]

EdVar[0] = akActor
		If akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() == 1; Female
			EdVar[1] = DD_FL_All
		Else
			EdVar[1] = DD_MaleModelItems
		EndIf
		EdVar[2] = 5
		EdVar[3] = "none"
		EdVar[4] = false

DDLibs.CallFunction("EquipRandomDevice", EdVar) as Bool
	EndIf
EndFunction

Ok, thanks for your efforts.

I already expected that Roggvir's mod does work with the DD RC8 version, but I expect that the new added devious shoes (?) are not supported.

I also messed around a little bit with Ego-Ballistics AAF violate to make it possible that at some devices are equipped at the start of the scene

while others are equipped at the end of the scene. Besides the changes in AAF violate it requires only some small changes to Roggvir's mod, which makes it possible to select only devices from special 'device groups'.

I also started some weeks ago to add support for followers on cursed loot.

Anyway the main problem with modding at the moment is that I have lost a lot of motivation ?

13 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Anyway the main problem with modding at the moment is that I have lost a lot of motivation

I understand and now that I am feeling motivated time constraints make it a choice between modding or playing the game.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:22 AM, Kanlaon said:

Anyway the main problem with modding at the moment is that I have lost a lot of motivation

I have a version that integrates Rogg DD manager that I'm testing out. It supersedes the 3 form lists you've created though.

Basically, it works like this.

There's an empty Form List "Bo57_CL_rogglist" added to the ESP.

OnPlayerLoadGame() in "Bo57_CL_main_playerRefScript" detects if Rogg DD manager is loaded and sets an internal var "RoggDDManager" if it is.

In the OnTimer(int aiTimerID) event. Before "equipfrom_list" is processed. "RoggDDManager" is checked. If it is not "none" then Formlist "Bo57_CL_rogglist" is reverted back to being empty then filled using the Rog DD "PickRandomItemsRemote" function. "equipfrom_list" is then set equal to "Bo57_CL_rogglist".

I'm thinking of adding an additional step where the original content of "equipfrom_list" filters "Bo57_CL_rogglist" before being overwritten.

I can upload what I have if you want.