[mod] Sized Apparel Retexture

2 hours ago, shitork said:

you think they will work with newest sized apparel?

Yes. Well, it works for me. These are textures with edited positioning

I'm really looking forward to adding the ability to add non-human genitals. Then I would most likely resurrect the SAR-body.

and at least an example for animals ?
eh, we are waiting for the author, his enthusiasm seems to have run out for now.

Edited by zero112
5 hours ago, zero112 said:

Yes. Well, it works for me. These are textures with edited positioning

I'm really looking forward to adding the ability to add non-human genitals. Then I would most likely resurrect the SAR-body.

and at least an example for animals ?
eh, we are waiting for the author, his enthusiasm seems to have run out for now.

don't worry, take your time! Thank you very much, you are extremely talented ?

Sized Apparel Retexture 0.25

Added: Flak Jacket Spikecore, Jacket Spikecore, Parka Spikecore, DusterSpikecore

So. THIS RAIDERS-TIME

After a long break, I still released an update ?
In justification, I wasn't completely idle - I'm slowly working on the resurrection of the SAR-body.

well, traditionally screenshots:

Spoiler

image.png.c42a0219e965c90a4df110aa2b822d2a.png
image.png.af3ab4928a5091bd0f8684497f12bdab.png

Edited by zero112

Guys, guys!!! I realized (suddenly. Yes, I'm a bit stupid) how can you add non-human genitals!

Well all. It's time to work. It will be cool!

Spoiler

image.png.86d5b7c54dd7decd7a7f09ccf526ac97.png

And now I need the help of someone who understands modding more than a bagel (my level)
So:

Spoiler

There is a def file in the main mod.

image.png.2db2460c7bceac626f72bb77ed1801c8.png

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!-- "null" and "default" varName will be no variation. -->
<Defs>
	<SizedApparel.SizedApparelBodyPartVariationDef>
		<defName>PenisDetail</defName>
		<bodyPartName>Penis</bodyPartName>
		<variations>
			<li>
			<!--Default Penis-->
				<hediffName>Penis</hediffName>
				<varName>
					<li>default</li>
					<!-- <li>Uncircumcised</li> -->
				</varName>

</variations>
	</SizedApparel.SizedApparelBodyPartVariationDef>
</Defs>

I need a patch that puts the following into this code:

<Defs>
		<variations>
			<li>
			<!--Default Penis-->
				<varName>
					<li>default</li>
				</varName>
			</li>
			<li>
			<!--DogPenis Penis-->
				<hediffName>DogPenis</hediffName>
				<varName>
					<li>default</li>
				</varName>
			</li>
		</variations>
</Defs>

That is, the idea is simple - I don't want to overwrite the original file, I want another mod (SAR-body body) to patch it, that is, add lines to this def or overwrite it to a new, corrected file.

I'm a complete zero in modding, so please - I need help for a common cause.

You can without explanation - just throw a ready-made patch, on its analogue I add the rest.
Thank you so much in advance (I hope someone will respond, and I will make (or steal from RimNude) textures in the meantime)

8 hours ago, zero112 said:

Guys, guys!!! I realized (suddenly. Yes, I'm a bit stupid) how can you add non-human genitals!

Well all. It's time to work. It will be cool!

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.86d5b7c54dd7decd7a7f09ccf526ac97.png

And now I need the help of someone who understands modding more than a bagel (my level)
So:

Reveal hidden contents

There is a def file in the main mod.

image.png.2db2460c7bceac626f72bb77ed1801c8.png

<Defs>
		<variations>
			<li>
			<!--Default Penis-->
				<varName>
					<li>default</li>
				</varName>

</variations>
</Defs>

I need a patch that puts the following into this code:

<Defs>
		<variations>
			<li>
			<!--Default Penis-->
				<varName>
					<li>default</li>
				</varName>
			</li>
			<li>
			<!--DogPenis Penis-->
				<varName>
					<li>default</li>
				</varName>
			</li>
		</variations>
</Defs>

That is, the idea is simple - I don't want to overwrite the original file, I want another mod (SAR-body body) to patch it, that is, add lines to this def or overwrite it to a new, corrected file.

I'm a complete zero in modding, so please - I need help for a common cause.

You can without explanation - just throw a ready-made patch, on its analogue I add the rest.
Thank you so much in advance (I hope someone will respond, and I will make (or steal from RimNude) textures in the meantime)

Must test whether it meets your requirements,Put it in the Patches folder

Spoiler

<Patch>
  <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
    <xpath>Defs/SizedApparel.SizedApparelBodyPartVariationDef[3]/variations</xpath>
    <value>
            <li>
            <!--DogPenis Penis-->
                <varName>
                    <li>default</li>
                </varName>
            </li>
    </value>
  </Operation>
</Patch>

51 minutes ago, darknoss said:

Must test whether it meets your requirements,Put it in the Patches folder

Hide contents

<Patch>
  <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
    <xpath>Defs/SizedApparel.SizedApparelBodyPartVariationDef[3]/variations</xpath>
    <value>
            <li>
            <!--DogPenis Penis-->
                <varName>
                    <li>default</li>
                </varName>
            </li>
    </value>
  </Operation>
</Patch>

it works, thank you!

We meet our old friend: SAR-body
While the alpha version (I plan to do a lot more, but I can't wait to share)
you can download it in files

Hide contents

Implemented:
1. Discoloration of textures for better compatibility with non-standard colors (that's just from time to time a pinkish tinge appears, I have no idea where it comes from and how to catch it. When editing a color through the pawn editor, it disappears and everything looks normal)
2. Head textures are sewn in ([NL] Facial Animation, I say goodbye with tears in my eyes. But you have lame compatibility with biotechnologies), also retextures of hair and beards (stolen from mods from steam)
3. Added retextures of all heads from the standard biotech. Plus from the mods "vanilla extension". In the near future I will add from the modification "alpha genes".
4. Added non-human genitals (while more like a plug. Only those that are in the modification "RJW-genes 1.0" (canine, feline, equine, demonic, dragon, slime, insect), only male and taken from the RNW mod. In the future, I plan to do textures myself, with better suited for SA bodies.)
So far, everything seems to be fine. What I'm going to do: finally get into tattoos. Vanilla is annoying, extremely crooked approach to SA-body. And then alpha genes and genitals.

image.png.5125782246e7764e19b64be38fcec69d.png

Edited by zero112
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting close to the breast textures here (yes, my path is tortuous and unpredictable). The question arose - and in what form to make hydraulic textures. bionic and archotech breasts?

I'm leaning towards the option as in rimnud. With a "hydraulic" breast, we will try to make metal textures, but biotech and architek - just change the color of the nipples (they say they are so cool and natural that you can not distinguish the breast)

I made a questionnaire for the test - it seems to work. We vote who is interested to participate.

What colors should I choose?

Edited by zero112

Updated a little texture in sar-body
While I'm taking a break in the development of the mod, judging by the discord, compatibility with biotechnologies is unnecessary for no one. Useless work is probably not worth doing. If anyone likes my textures, feel free to take them into your mods, I don't mind.

I wouldn't really think about what a discord server says since those quickly devolve into a closed circle(jerk). Discord seems to attract a particular kind of user which I personally am not very fond of, so I keep it to a minimum. If you want tech support it might be handy every now and then but again, most people that answer are kinda rude and like to play the part of belonging to an inner circle where everyone knows everything and you're stupid for asking in the first place.

I had a quick look and the people that are against Biotech and for HAR make some silly arguments. It might very well be that HAR is better on a technical level for coding reasons but Biotech is a part of vanilla Rimworld now and offers much, much better options for the average user. Just download a couple of genes and you can pretty much make whatever you want without relying too much on external frameworks that at least require knowledge of writing XMLs outside of the game. And while Biotech might not offer the full array of what's theoretically possible with HAR, that's what mods are for. It's weird claiming that Biotech needs additional coding to be like HAR when HAR itself is a mod that also needs additional coding to work.

It just seems that there are a couple of people that have an axe to grind with Ludeon Studios. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Besides, you can use HAR with Biotech already so it makes even less sense to make this an either or debate. Why not both?

On 2/13/2023 at 1:17 PM, zero112 said:

While I'm taking a break in the development of the mod, judging by the discord, compatibility with biotechnologies is unnecessary for no one. Useless work is probably not worth doing. If anyone likes my textures, feel free to take them into your mods, I don't mind.

Your retexture mod is a must have for me.

Biotech is part of the vanilla game and thus inescapable for mods. People who deny this are probably still playing in B18 or are simply trolls.

Don't let such nonsense get you down, please.

On 2/13/2023 at 4:17 AM, zero112 said:

Don't let a couple grouchy members on the discord discourage you. They are HAR fanboys and do not reflect the majority of people on there. I didn't realize you joined the discord, if you come back I can give you a role that will let you upload on there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you come back and continue work on SAR-Bodies and the retextures cause they're great. Ignore the ppl on the discord cause they can be aggressively ignorant af at times. Some of them are "smart" at coding but have the social skills of a five year old throwing a tantrum who think their opinion is all that matters. Lots of people are happy af to ditch the tps killer of HAR, and your work fits and works perfectly with Sized Apparel.

Edited by fastlanepoop

HAR is not a "tps eater" its the mods that tie into it to use its functions badly that make it use more tps.
also  fyi the base game rendering for the "fake ears and stuff" is worse that HAR.
most of what you see about abandoning har is from people who know nothing but what they see none of the background stuff.
why do you think all the real good race makers not rushing to abandon HAR? cause they know that biotech is very limiting in what they can do.
a human with  rabbit ears is not the same as a rabbit race with rabbit ears.

HAR= real aliens alog with a shit load of functions to support them
BIOTECH= humans are humans with some different  ears.

14 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

HAR is not a "tps eater" its the mods that tie into it to use its functions badly that make it use more tps.
also  fyi the base game rendering for the "fake ears and stuff" is worse that HAR.
most of what you see about abandoning har is from people who know nothing but what they see none of the background stuff.
why do you think all the real good race makers not rushing to abandon HAR? cause they know that biotech is very limiting in what they can do.

HAR was a TPS eater for the longest time, one of the latest updates seems to have fixed the problem as per Dub's discord, the ones maintaining the infamous shitlist of slow mods. That being said, there are no "real" aliens, it's just a piece of code one way or the other. HAR IIRC changes the humanoid basepawn in general, which means that humans are the same as any alien races, technically speaking. Every humanoid pawn is using the modified basepawn from HAR as a base, the same way as any xenotype from Biotech uses the vanilla basepawn as a basis.

The vanilla features of Biotech are much more limited than what HAR offers, but HAR itself is a mod. There's already plenty of mods that expand what is possible with Biotech. Biotech can be expanded the same way the vanilla game was expanded with HAR since it is all about mods anyway. Biotech offers a framework for the end user to design fairly complex xenotypes themselves, all that's needed are the custom genes one can find on the workshop and you can make a small, parasitic goblin races that's entirely male and procreates by laying eggs inside of their victims which will eventually kill the host when a child hatches.

Is this possible with HAR? Probably, but it would take a modder to realize that while utilizing other frameworks (such as the MOHAR one) to pull that off, maybe even a bit of custom code is needed. While Biotech might not be on par with HAR on the technical side of things, it has ease of use and customizability on its side. 

1 hour ago, fastlanepoop said:

"most of what you see about abandoning har is from people who know nothing but what they see none of the background stuff."

Or... hear me out... your opinion is not the end all be all of anything Sidfu, and just because *you* have an obnoxious boner for HAR doesn't mean anyone the heck else does. It is a glorified TPS destroyer, and even fixed up it remains at the top of the tps suckers in my mod list when used, which is why I don't use it so much anymore. It's always added a bunch of overhead, and  you know it. Crap like pretending HAR has no overhead makes me think a ton of your arguments are straight up bs sidfu... Just cause you're king of the RJW discord doesn't mean anyone needs to care about your snark ass opinion here mr king of the nerds...

and this is why we dont get quality DLC but  sub part buggy messes.
you have idiots who dont even read what things are about and dont have any understanding yet poke their nose into things for  personal attacks. its pretty easy to see you dont understand what your talking about due to all the "implied" stuff.
lets break down the "implied"
1. you "implied" that i said HAR has no over head which anyone with eyes can see i never did. i only said that alot of HAR overhead comes from mods badly teing into it.
2. you "implied" that im "king" of the rjw discord. yet if you look no one ever has been banned due to difference in opinion on the discord. there have been people who are fond of personal attacks like you that have bbeen banned thou.
3. you "implied" that im a "fanboy" of har. yet ive said mutiple times if i had a choice tohave "real" aliens without it i would.

dont bother replying fastlanepoop as not gonna  bother reading anything yo post for now on as it only be filled with personal attacks and false info.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:36 PM, sidfu1 said:

Oh look. One of those ppl with the social senses of a five year old I was talking about just showed up. There's no need for your snarky opinion here Sidfu. We get how you feel about this cause you literally never shut up about it. No one cares you have a boner for HAR. No one cares that mod authors who have been using HAR for years refuse to change from it (despite it taking friggin' months for HAR to become remotely workable in 1.4). If I can cut what has repeatedly been one of the highest overhead in terms of tps mods out there for years in favor of using built in DLC I will. I don't care if HAR is faster than the DLC either, because I'd rather not double up on what is in essence the same damn thing (some cosmetics bs a pawn). I'd rather not have to wait on Erdelf for half a year to play the game.

27 minutes ago, sidfu1 said:

you have idiots who dont even read what things are about and dont have any understanding yet poke their nose into things for  personal attacks. its pretty easy to see you dont understand what your talking about due to all the "implied" stuff.
1. you "implied" that i said HAR has no over head which anyone with eyes can see i never did. i only said that alot of HAR overhead comes from mods badly teing into it.
2. you "implied" that im "king" of the rjw discord. yet if you look no one ever has been banned due to difference in opinion on the discord. there have been people who are fond of personal attacks like you that have bbeen banned thou.
3. you "implied" that im a "fanboy" of har. yet ive said mutiple times if i had a choice tohave "real" aliens without it i would.

dont bother replying fastlanepoop as not gonna  bother reading anything yo post for now on as it only be filled with personal attacks and false info.

bruh, I literally could care less what you think and your baby ass tantrum here shows that you're just a petty ass king of the nerds type guy. Your opinion on the matter isn't really relevant for people who don't fanboy the shit outta HAR (like you). Your crap attitude and frankly undeserved knowitallism pushes people who would contribute away from the community and honestly it's annoying af.

Edited by fastlanepoop
11 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

For someone that's not keen on personal attacks you seem to employ them yourself with little to no issue. I also don't quite understand what you mean with "real" aliens since HAR also changes the humanoid basepawn (e.g. humans) to the same technical standard as any alien race. Whether you use Biotech, HAR or both, they all have one base which all other races/xenotypes use at their core.

Is this some kind of weird headcanon you can't reconcile with the official lore primer that states aliens don't exist in the Rimworld universe?

LMAO sidfu reported me the big baby. King of the nerds can't handle the truth, especially not when it's about him hassling smaller adult mod producers. Gotta erase any mention of him harassing someone making a non-har based mod cause it makes him look not so great. A quick search of this mod authors comments on the rjw disc will bring up sidfu talking crap the day this author disappeared.

Edited by fastlanepoop