Save games suddenly not linked to character?

So, restarted my Skyrim SE play because my saves were no longer showing up.  Figured it was because of mod experimentation.  Started new, added only a few cosmetic statue mods during the playthrough. . . and the same thing happened.  Google showed that sometimes, apparently, saves just come unlinked from the character they started on, and can only be found on the "All Saves: bracket.  Is there any way to get saves pointed back at the character they belong to?

That usually happens when you or other mod changes character name or you open the full showracemenu to tweak your character after creating it. I don't see the issue though, all that does is create a new set of saves, your old saves are still there. Your new saves will work as intended. If you don't want to have separated saves get rid of the old ones, or revert to a point where said change wasn't made.

Thing is, I didn't do any changing of the character to my knowledge.  I did to try and fix it, but all that happened is resetting that particular save count back to 001.  It also seems to just stack saves unendingly, instead of keeping just three autosaves there's a ton of them.  And they're not findable under any specific character name, which yeah, is not deal-breaking but annoying.