With the 4GB patch, which executable do I patch up?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I want to use the 4GB patch to increase performance in Oblivion. I haave 8 gigs of RAM total but I want to make sure I'm doing this right. So, do I patch up the default oblivion executable or the obse loader executable? Or is it something else entirely?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I want to use the 4GB patch to increase performance in Oblivion. I haave 8 gigs of RAM total but I want to make sure I'm doing this right. So' date=' do I patch up the default oblivion executable or the obse loader executable? Or is it something else entirely?

[/quote']

You want to patch the Oblivion Executable, make a copy of it before you do apply the patch.

Make sure to set DEP (Data Exection Prevention) to ignore Oblivion, OBSE, and the Construction Set, I had a problem with Windows 7 closing my game at @1.8 Gb of RAM until I set DEP to ignore Oblivion.

The 4GB patch will work quite a bit better in conjunction with Streamline, OSR and Game Companion. Remember Halo that just because it says 4GB doesn't mean that you will be using 4GB of your RAM. It is just a threshold raiser to give Oblivion more room.

Have Fun! :)

Some people also recomend patching the OBSE dll

I have heard just the opposite....:(

I guess it is easy enough to make a backup and try it, Hell if it helps or hurts its not like it can do any real damage. I do however recommend doing the oblivion.exe and playing for a bit to make sure all is well before messing with obse.

Edit: Sizustar are you sure it was the obse.dll and not the obse.exe?????

Archived