Sexlab error ("Warning! To continue with the Sexlab animations setup close the console and all the menu"

Been modding for some years now, but this one has got me stumped (though I suspect it's a JContainer-related issue).

When I try to rebuild the animation registry in SLAL I get the following message:

Warning! To continue with the Sexlab animations setup close the console and all the menu [sic]

After a few seconds/minutes the following message appears:

Resizing animation registry slots: 128 -> 160

Resizing animation registry slots: 160 -> 192

Resizing animation registry slots: 192 -> 224
Resizing animation registry slots: 224 -> 256
Resizing animation registry slots: 256 -> 288

(etc.)

Am running Sexlab 163 for Special Edition 1.5.97

SKSE 2.0.19

JContainers 4.1.12

This is the only combination of versions that made things (kind of) work. If I combine different versions of SKSE + JContainers with Sexlab 163 I get a warning that things are very wrong and won't work.

Although I am aware that this isn't the right forum, I think it's worth mentioning that my Creature Framework appears to be stuck in a perpetual loop of initializing with the following lines repeating every few seconds:

[CF] [Framework] OnUpdate BEGIN

[CF] [Framework] OnUpdate END

Is there someone really wise that has an inkling about what might be going on here?

16 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

AE update?

I had the AE update installed accidentally, then back-patched my Skyrim using the Unofficial SE Downgrade Patcher to its 1.5.97 version. The game itself also indicates it is version 1.5.97, so that shouldn't be the problem/

8 minutes ago, Miller826 said:

Nice, sarcasm. Solved my problem!

Not particularly trying to be sarcastic, I just admired your confidence given the number of SE users having problems with different mods due to the need to use the correct version of this with the correct version of that and the correct version of the other.

When did your problem first appear? Or, why did the need to rebuild your animation registry arise?

Edited by Grey Cloud
  • 1 year later...