Rift F2p

Khiropter

As you may know Rift has gone f2p and was wondering if anyone started playing it now or before it became f2p?.

I tried it when it has p2p for a 10 days free trial and i can say it didn't catch me now that it went f2p i said i would give it a new chance so i downloaded it and played it a bit. Made a hunter and i reached level 5. Well it is interesting but it still did not catch me. Well think i tried every mmo out there that seemed interesting the only f2p mmo that i reached i high level on it was Boi (battle for immortals) got an assassin to level 65 but did not went further.

Well, I was playing it like a year ago, got a few characters on higher levels...

As I was playing WoW before, switching to Rift was easy, and i liked the game, invasion and rifts made for a more fun play, you never knew when you'll have to stop questing just to close a few rifts nearby so they don't kill the quest givers. Also, putting the talents way you wanted was also  a big plus, you could customize to your liking...

And now f2p.. I might get back to it again soon...

The games character creation is rather limited, the combat system isn't that great it doesn't even seem to have an auto attack option for in between skill cool downs, and their F2P set up is almost the same as SWTOR's only allowing you two character slots which leaves you little room to experiment with the different races and classes.

all in all I'd say Rift wasn't that popular to begin with or else they wouldn't have had to go F2P in the first place. I will admit that so far they did good when it came to the cash shop as they didn't add any game breaking items into it. However, I'm afraid the bad outweighs the good when dealing with Rift which drastically lowers the play ability factor for me I might play it every once and awhile for a little variety but I'd never consider becoming a subscriber to the game.

Archived