Which version of Skyrim is best to install for explicit content, original release or special edition?

I just upgraded my PC from very old stuff (i7 4790K + 970) to a more modern build (i5 12600K + 3060TI). One thing I was greatly looking forward to with the upgrade was modded Skyrim, finally being able to download serious ENBs, 4K textures etc. 

So I'm gonna install the game again and redo my mod setup. My question is, which version is better for sexy/skimpy content with physics? The last time I did a mod setup special edition barely had support for physics, because of the skeleton change iirc, but now it looks like there's been a lot of progress made. Are most modders these days working on special edition mods or does it still lean more toward the original version? 

Depends on what you seek. Some adult modders, including heavyweights like monoman are still LE based, thou converstions are done. There are aslo some new SE only ones.

With that said, alot of big mods, including SexLab framework for 18+ and LoTD for everyone, have their latest versions as SE exclusive, as they rely on SE exclusive functions.

Well, technicly latest SL is for AE, but that one is conversion from SE only, AFAIK.

There is very little reason to go for LE today, unless you allready have LE build you like and dont want to invest time into rebuilding it.

SMP physics wich are the best option you have are native to SE, and seem to perform better there. CBPC, wich is a performance friendly SE option, also seem to be considerably more stable than oldrims HDT-PE. There is also anniversary edition, but that one is a trap. Dont touch it.

I presume you dont consider VR, and i dont have experience to comment on it anyhow.

P.S. Dont go mental with "high poly" and "4k". Mods usually dont have the best optimization, and use of outrageous and unnececery polycounts and texture size is abundant. Practicly, texture resolution above 1k is unnececery anywhere beside characters. 2k for real connisieurs. Use your new found power wise, as in - on a good ENB, SMIM and lighting.

Enjoy the power!

41 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Is this guy not too lazy to search and read?

Next time I saw a post like this you will get a warning.

If you wanna help (like you do), then help.

If you wanna insult or discourage people, then stop it.

• 1 year later...
On 12/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, nilead said:

Depends on what you seek. Some adult modders, including heavyweights like monoman are still LE based, thou converstions are done. There are aslo some new SE only ones.

With that said, alot of big mods, including SexLab framework for 18+ and LoTD for everyone, have their latest versions as SE exclusive, as they rely on SE exclusive functions.

Well, technicly latest SL is for AE, but that one is conversion from SE only, AFAIK.

There is very little reason to go for LE today, unless you allready have LE build you like and dont want to invest time into rebuilding it.

SMP physics wich are the best option you have are native to SE, and seem to perform better there. CBPC, wich is a performance friendly SE option, also seem to be considerably more stable than oldrims HDT-PE. There is also anniversary edition, but that one is a trap. Dont touch it.

I presume you dont consider VR, and i dont have experience to comment on it anyhow.

P.S. Dont go mental with "high poly" and "4k". Mods usually dont have the best optimization, and use of outrageous and unnececery polycounts and texture size is abundant. Practicly, texture resolution above 1k is unnececery anywhere beside characters. 2k for real connisieurs. Use your new found power wise, as in - on a good ENB, SMIM and lighting.

Enjoy the power!

Even as of today. AE is still not receiving the attention I thought it would. SE mods to AE may require additional porting and the documentation by mod authors copy and past from LE, including their requirements. The ports are horrific. You will see yourself in random mega downloads, private google drives, and GitHubs.

you’ll also be dealing with .DLL incompatibility issues all day long and no clear version history or download instructions for load orders.

it’s literally a joke.

I’ve spent time in the creation kit repairing cells just to finish quests, just for the body sliders and assets to be LE or SE only. CTD on cell load, no logs.

2,000+ hrs modding / playing Skyrim and AE makes me wanna cry. Stick to SE because it’s 64-bit

Edited by irixagent47