Laura's Bondage Shop Character Makeovers

Laura's Bondage Shop Character Makeovers

View File

Important Note:  DD 5.2 Beta 4, which is the current version that works with Skyrim SE/AE version 1.6+, seems to block interaction with Laura if her makeover is enabled and she is in a furniture pose, i.e. leaning on the counter or sitting in a chair.  Either don't use the Laura makeover with AE, or be patient and talk to her after she stands up.  I'll see if I can't hunt down the problem.

Edit:  This appears to be fixed in later DD versions.  Specifically it's fixed in Beta 9.

A few makeovers for primary NPCs from Laura's Bondage Shop.  I've tried to stick closely to the author's original intent and personalities, while modernizing their appearance a bit with high poly heads and better hair.

Requirements:

Laura's Bondage Shop (of course)

High Poly Head v1.4  (Vector Plexus)

Apachii Sky Hair Female v1.5.1  (Nexus)

Note:  My limited testing shows that these makeovers will also work with LE if you use the LE versions of the prerequisites, since the ESP/ESM file names are identical.  Kewl ?

Each makeover is it's own file, so you can mix and match.  On existing games they may not show up correctly:  you can fix this by disabling and then enabling the character using the console.  Do not use recycleactor!  That will force an appearance update, but it won't reload clothing and the NPC might end up naked.

All files are ESL flagged ESPs.

Laura:  I gave her short hair, which fits better under gags, bondage hoods, or other such devices.  To differentiate her from Master (Captured Dreams) and The Dollmaker (Cursed Loot) her clothes were changed to a hobble dress and heels.  I was forced to remove the slow movement effects from these, however, as it disrupted pathing necessary for quests (she wasn't hitting her marks).

Katarina:  Bigger, buffer, and with a gorgeous mane.  A Nord warrior, I wanted to give her a bit more of a Valkyrie feel.  Now with 10% less masters!  (Unused master TGLNordArmor cleaned, and new version uploaded.)

Sona:  Ok, I just thought she needed some freshening up, but I personally think she came out great.  A nice pretty look for a priestess, without being overly sexualized.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/16/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

Edited by aurreth
ESL-ified the ESPs

So, I tried to install your mod thru Vortex. I already have LBS+ voice pack installed. Your other 2 makeover mods (Laura and Sona) are in as well. The Katarina makeover can't be installed because Vortex is saying there is a missing master, it NEEDS\REQUIRES TGLNordArmor.esl to be installed 1st. I have tried to find this illusive mod, CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE! I found TGLNordArmor.esp, but no .esl or .esm in any forum I have access too. Is this an error in your mod or am I just blind? If I am blind, please direct me to this TGLNordArmor.esl so I can install Katarina and complete the set.

Thank you, BDNelson

49 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

So, I tried to install your mod thru Vortex. I already have LBS+ voice pack installed. Your other 2 makeover mods (Laura and Sona) are in as well. The Katarina makeover can't be installed because Vortex is saying there is a missing master, it NEEDS\REQUIRES TGLNordArmor.esl to be installed 1st. I have tried to find this illusive mod, CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE! I found TGLNordArmor.esp, but no .esl or .esm in any forum I have access too. Is this an error in your mod or am I just blind? If I am blind, please direct me to this TGLNordArmor.esl so I can install Katarina and complete the set.

Thank you, BDNelson

Katarina requires TGLNordArmor because author used it as a base for her outfit but also Katarina uses her default outfit (I made a dummy plugin with Wrye Bash and checked Katarina in xedit) I ended up removing TGLNorArmor dependency with xedit and I think it should work fine until author fixes it (or provides the source for armor)

5 hours ago, BDNelson said:

Thank you, BDNelson

I'm sorry, the wrong version got uploaded.  I was originally experimenting with changing Katarina's armor, but decided against adding an additional dependency and went back to her normal set.  I thought I had cleaned out the plugin to remove the extraneous master file, but apparently I uploaded an old version.

The correct one should be uploaded now.

4 hours ago, BDNelson said:

I'm sorry, I have no idea how to do any of that, nor would I ever try it. I don't do those kinds of changes to .esp', .esm's or .esl's. I'm of the opinion that is an author's work, not mine. I, simply do not have the skill to do it.

You are correct, it was my mistake.  I thought I had already fixed it, but apparently I grabbed the wrong file when I uploaded it.  The correct one should be there now.  And unless you know what you are doing not only should you not try to remove missing masters, SSEEdit won't even allow it.

Because these are only appearance changes you can swap things out midgame.  There are no scripts or quests that will break.  As always you may need to use the console in-game to disable/enable the NPC to update their appearance.  It won't hurt them, I've probably done that to Laura about 20 times now lol

Edited by aurreth
5 hours ago, BDNelson said:

I'm sorry, I have no idea how to do any of that, nor would I ever try it. I don't do those kinds of changes to .esp', .esm's or .esl's. I'm of the opinion that is an author's work, not mine. I, simply do not have the skill to do it.

I also wanted to add that you absolutely have the right to modify, for personal use, any mod.  That doesn't violate any copyright, as long as you don't share those changes without permission.  @Grajowiec wants to fix my screwup locally?  No problem, he just can't upload the fixed file or give it to anyone else.

Well, except:

For anything I release, you have my permission to do anything with it you want.  You don't even have to credit me.  I mean I'd like it if you did, but it's not necessary. 

(Grajowiec, please don't upload your fixes here, I'd rather avoid confusion and fix the main file :) )

22 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

Roger that! But I don't get into that kind of changing things in esp's or esm's, I'm a moron when it comes to that stuff. Combat vet with PTSD, my memory SUCKS and I can't type for s%#t! So, I just don't do it, keeps me out of trouble.

Understand that.  I'm a disabled veteran myself, though not combat or PTSD.  I've just been unemployed long enough (disability plus Covid, not a good combination) to pick up basic modding as something to do to pass the time.  Fixing broken mods is not something you want to attempt without a lot of practice.

31 minutes ago, Rynnes Master said:

It would appear that the Katarina file in the download section still contains the references to the TGLNordArmor with three armor components in the Outfit section. 

Consider making all three plugins .esl's to save slots?

Grrr.  Gimme a minute.

Ok, that should fix it.  

I didn't make them ESL 'cause Laura's Bondage Shop is an ESP and I didn't know if that would cause them to load after the main file and screw things up.  Aren't ESL's all loaded before ESPs?

1 hour ago, aurreth said:

Aren't ESL's all loaded before ESPs?

Yes, files with a .esl extension are all loaded before files with a .esp extension.

11 minutes ago, aurreth said:

Ok, ESL flagged ESPs it is.

Yes, that is the most useful and flexible scheme in terms of load-order placement.

13 minutes ago, KeigAssword said:

If use these undoubtedly beautiful changes in the appearance of the characters, then their facial textures turn black. The setnpcweight 35 command fixes this. But it is inconvenient to prescribe it every time. Is there any solution to the problem?

It's the black face bug.  I included the FaceGen files, but looks like that isn't enough for you.

You can use the Creation Kit to regenerate facegen.  Load the mods in CK, and then in the Object window go to the actor list.  The three NPCs are Laurathesilent, Lauraassistant, and Laurapriest.  Highlight those and hit Ctrl-F4.  That will export new facegens and should clear it up.  You probaly need to do each makeover individually, setting it as the active file, so three runs.  Load Laura Makeover active, do facegen for Laurathesilent; Load Kat active, do facegen for Lauraassistant; Sona, Laurapriest.

You can also try Face Discoloration Fix from Nexus.  That might work.

Edit:  Also, did you use the console to disable and then enable the NPCs?  Their appearance won't update correctly on an existing save if you don't do that.  

Edited by aurreth
9 hours ago, aurreth said:

It's the black face bug.  I included the FaceGen files, but looks like that isn't enough for you.

You can use the Creation Kit to regenerate facegen.  Load the mods in CK, and then in the Object window go to the actor list.  The three NPCs are Laurathesilent, Lauraassistant, and Laurapriest.  Highlight those and hit Ctrl-F4.  That will export new facegens and should clear it up.  You probaly need to do each makeover individually, setting it as the active file, so three runs.  Load Laura Makeover active, do facegen for Laurathesilent; Load Kat active, do facegen for Lauraassistant; Sona, Laurapriest.

You can also try Face Discoloration Fix from Nexus.  That might work.

Edit:  Also, did you use the console to disable and then enable the NPCs?  Their appearance won't update correctly on an existing save if you don't do that.  

Using the disable/enable commands via the console has only updated their appearance. But it didn't help with the problem with black faces. But the plugin for SKSE that you suggested helped - now there is no problem. Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem with black face bug. Apparently CK doesn't see High Poly head mesh and freaks out for some reason, regeneration also does not work. I've reverted their faces to normal poly, vanilla, regenerated facegen and it seems to be working for me. I suppose there is something with HPH mod itself. I use pre-september update, so might be just that there was some sort of bug that is fixed now?
Edit: it seems that LBS draws all facegen data from its own folder no matter if there makeover or not. I've checked plugin order, it is as it supposed to be. Unpacked HPH as full loose files and renamed makeover mod facegen folders to be ,\Meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Laura's Bondage Shop.esp, so it overwrites main mod. That's the only how it works properly.

Edited by BreadDain
37 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

Having the same problem with black face bug. Apparently CK doesn't see High Poly head mesh and freaks out for some reason, regeneration also does not work. I've reverted their faces to normal poly, vanilla, regenerated facegen and it seems to be working for me. I suppose there is something with HPH mod itself. I use pre-september update, so might be just that there was some sort of bug that is fixed now?

:/ 

You did install the High Poly Head mod, right?  The only way I can see the CK complaining about it is if you didn't install it.  That's not an accusation or anything, just trying to troubleshoot.

1 hour ago, aurreth said:

:/ 

You did install the High Poly Head mod, right?  The only way I can see the CK complaining about it is if you didn't install it.  That's not an accusation or anything, just trying to troubleshoot.

I did and in several different ways. CK didn't complain about it, but had missing mesh with character face preview, big red warning sign. I assume that was because of .bsa packaging.