[mod] SE - Restyled - Plus Plus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:43 PM, Arcess said:

This is a naughty clothing setting. Someone else has to make patches for LV. I can provide technical help for anyone that wants to, though.

you should reach out to the LV creator. shes quite active on here and always updating. Perhaps she would help you make a patch. I myself am shit at modding but i know users of the mod are constantly patching for other peoples mods as well

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like somewhere along the lines Paradox changed 88_humanoids_prescripted_countries.txt in a way that causes some typos on the Select Empire screen (and maybe some others) for the United Nations, Commonwealth, and Voor Technocracy when this mod is installed.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like there have been similar, minor changes in all the prescripted countries.

EDIT 2: Wait, sorry, not this mod, it's just in SE Restyled, my bad. I'm having trouble tracking Steam Workshop assigning every mod random numbers.

Edited by Amagar

Oh, I see what happened now.

So, the prescripted empires might not be spawning in-game, but they are still showing up on the Empire Select screen with weird empire names ("humans1" instead of "United Nations of Earth"), and further some of them aren't disabled and are spawning in-game with weird empire names (i.e. the genocidal robot empire shows up in game as "xt289" or whatever the number is). Based on what I've figured out, it looks like there was an update to the localization files (by Paradox) and SE Restyled is still using the old localization pointers.

Also, I seem to be unable to post anything in the mod comments directly. I assume because I don't own Stellaris through Steam, I own the GOG version.

It seems like you're using an outdated version of Restyled, as prescripted empire changes were removed at one point.

As far as Steam goes, the trick seems to be waiting for a big sale and picking up just the base game at something like 75% off to have access to the workshop.

I'm not sure how much demand there would be to make my mods available separately here or someplace else.

Considering the roundabout method I have to go through to get the mods in the first place, I guess I'm not surprised if that's the case.

I guess I'll wait for that sale. I saw something mentioned about a workshop API that will allow downloads even without the game, but that's going to take a bit of work, testing, and setup. Maye an interesting project to do in the meantime.

Edited by Amagar

I love the work you're doing here. Gotta say though, I might end up missing some of the flashier outfits if their gaudiness gets toned too far down lol. There's this specific black dress with a beautiful frilly collar and a swooping cleavage-revealing neckline in the OG mod that is usually my go-to for leaders with the Elves. Looks very regal and highly detailed.

Edit: Is there a way to make it so the clothes aren't jobs- or leader-type-specific? Or is that already a submod and I somehow overlooked it on Steam...? I'd personally just like to see more diverse outfits among my leaders is all.

Edited by WolfOfPasloe

Knowing some people would like to use textures I removed is why I left everything in the asset repackage as is.

If you want to do your own asset selector settings, you can grab the scripts linked in the description of Restyled and change them to build selectors to your liking. Feel free to make those into your own mod to put up in the workshop.

For leaders specifically, you'll have to tweak the template to not do specific leader checks and just stick all the clothing into the one group so all leaders choose from one big pool.

Questions about messing with the scripts are probably best asked in the Stellaris Modding Den Discord linked in my mod descriptions, as I'll likely see them eventually.

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, SexyHeathen19 said:

you should reach out to the LV creator. shes quite active on here and always updating. Perhaps she would help you make a patch. I myself am shit at modding but i know users of the mod are constantly patching for other peoples mods as well

I can try if you guy want too since i have some experience with it but no promise~

On 7/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, Arcess said:

This is a naughty clothing setting. Someone else has to make patches for LV. I can provide technical help for anyone that wants to, though.

Okay i try to make it with my meager coding skill and somehow it work?

So anyway if you guy want to use this just put the txt file down there into Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\se_restyled_plus_plus\gfx\portraits\portraits.

se_restyled_portrait_groups.txt

Updated to 3.5.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:16 AM, evanz1701 said:

btw i have some question does this mod make it all female portrait or its just random?

Gender is set during empire creation and has nothing to do with this mod.

On 9/18/2022 at 1:51 AM, evanz1701 said:

Okay i try to make it with my meager coding skill and somehow it work?

So anyway if you guy want to use this just put the txt file down there into Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\se_restyled_plus_plus\gfx\portraits\portraits.

se_restyled_portrait_groups.txt 39.7 kB · 5 downloads

You should make your own patch mod and put it here for everyone to enjoy. 

I found this trick to deal with the hair issue on Steam:

1) Right-click on the file "90_portraits_human"

2) Edit with Notepad++ (google for download AND do not use windows' notepad!!!)

3)[Ctrl + F] to find all the "hair_selector" words and replace with "attachment_selector" in one go, then save.

4) Enjoy! Ps. Same fix applies to other SE mods eg. SE Humanoid, created by by MnCnN. May he/ she be at peace for making this awesome mod! ❤️

The file name in this mod is different (se_restyled_portraits) but hard to miss as it's only the one.