Baffling messages about ABBA and food ?

SSE, have not updated to AE. The situation is that in all my new games, after a few levels, I start getting the messages below. One is about food, the other is about ABBA, but they start at the same time and once they start, I can no longer access settings in ABBA MCM. The food message pops up anytime the crosshairs are over food. The ABBA msgs are constant. I'm also getting stacks and frames errors in my save, some are referencing SKYUI. Can anyone make sense of this?

ScreenShot2.jpg

do you possibly have this mod installed? 

Growl - Werebeasts of Skyrim

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31245

It was the first thing on the list when I performed a widenet search on "skyrim abba rng immune". In fact.... it was the only SSE related return on that search. There's another nexus entry but I don't think it's for skyrim (nope, definitely not. It's for something called "Project Zomboid") , and then it's a list of afaik skyrim-unrelated search returns

No clue on the food one, but it seems like it might have to do with some survival mod or something, just based on the behavior and affected items (or indeed if you do the werewolf thing - i don't - perhaps it's also associated with some werewolfian mod like the one I cited above.

Edited by anjenthedog
1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:

do you possibly have this mod installed? 

Growl - Werebeasts of Skyrim

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31245

No, never heard of that mod. I went back to the save right before it started, disabled ABBA, and the problem hasn't come back. It's probably a conflict but since ABBA is abandoned (caretaker), the conflicts will only pile up, so I'm going to stop using it. Hopefully the food thing doesn't come back because it's even more annoying. I have Realistic Needs installed but not activated.

4 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Well glad to hear you quashed it, but it was worth a shot.  Those messages came from somewhere...

Well this is interesting, the messages came back with ABBA disabled in the MCM. I unchecked it in MO2 and cleaned the save, if it comes back again then that will be really weird.

7 hours ago, Duncan Idaho said:

Anyone know which mod it comes from? I have realistic needs installed but not activated

I would bet it's from realistic needs. I can't check it because I no longer use any "eat or die" mods but AFAIR Realistic Needs (and probably iNeeds too) had functionality allowing to add new (non-vanilla, thus unknown to the mod) items to list of eatable ones. I think there was some keyboard shortcut required before procedure starts, but I may be wrong.

btw: I'm not sure what you mean by "not activated" - do you mean MCM checkbox? If so then it would not be the first mod that misbehaves that way and lies to the user. Baka's FHU also has a checkbox for "events enabled" but it actually affects nothing - "events happen" no matter what's its state.