Stop incoherent sex?

Hey everyone,

Is there a setting in wickedwhims where I can regulate when sex between unplayed sims even happens or when they participate? It currently seems to me like people don't even have to have met and never say "no". I have already set settings like "random travel sex" to 0. I would like it if only after a certain friendly relationship is this even possible or Sims weigh up offers rather than just always saying yes.

There are situations, for example, where 2 Sims visited me independently of each other, who don't know each other at all, and with one of them I was actually on the verge of a relationship. But then the two of them have sex on my property and, as I said, they hardly speak to each other at all and the Sim with whom there is a closer relationship just plumply goes for it. Or Sims appear in places and just join ongoing sex, walking straight towards it purposefully and extending it as if they had appeared just for that.

Now I wonder what the problem is. Error in the setting of wickedwhims? Is there hopefully a setting for this or is the mod not designed for "being able to think about sex offer" and sims "compulsively" accept it when asked? Is it a conflict with the wohoo extension of MC Command? Is it a bug? Or is it simply due to specific characteristics of the Sims?

I hope some of you have had similarly annoying experiences or are much more experienced with the mod, whereas I have clicked through every single setting. Maybe the translation isn't the cleanest either that I can't identify it.

Edited by The Blob
1 hour ago, The Blob said:

I hope some of you have had similarly annoying experiences or are much more experienced with the mod, whereas I have clicked through every single setting. Maybe the translation isn't the cleanest either that I can't identify it.

Wicked Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Autonomy Specifics:

NPC Sims Relationship Modifier: (set to -3.0 or less NPC-NPC Sims must have higher relationships for Autonomy)

(Experiment with negative values until you get it how you want it, -0.15 pretty much stops it unless sims are in high romance relationships)

Player to NPC Sims Relationship Modifier: (same as above, positive numbers = less refusals)

Edited by Scorpio

Wow, so much text and then such simple help. Thank you. The German translation is then really rubbish there. In the translation, it reads as if one would increase the respective romantic relationships through sex and therefore has nothing to do with the request for sex. No negative values are mentioned either, in order to rather generate rejections until the necessary acquaintance is reached.

26 minutes ago, The Blob said:

Wow, so much text and then such simple help. Thank you. The German translation is then really rubbish there. In the translation, it reads as if one would increase the respective romantic relationships through sex and therefore has nothing to do with the request for sex. No negative values are mentioned either, in order to rather generate rejections until the necessary acquaintance is reached.

English version doesn't really explain it well either.

WW uses scores mostly based on relationships for picking viable Sex Pairs so those settings are either a boost or a handicap on those scores.

Using the Alluring Trait on Sims boosts that score a bit more into the positive range too.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:10 PM, Scorpio said:

Wicked Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Autonomy Specifics:

NPC Sims Relationship Modifier: (set to -3.0 or less NPC-NPC Sims must have higher relationships for Autonomy)

(Experiment with negative values until you get it how you want it, -0.15 pretty much stops it unless sims are in high romance relationships)

Player to NPC Sims Relationship Modifier: (same as above, positive numbers = less refusals)

I would like to give you a little progress report:

For test purposes, I have started a new game for an optimal setting, especially so that all relationships are reset again.

I have set both modifiers to 0, but that is not enough. I was in the park the very first day in the morning and in the afternoon there was already the first sex on a park bench between 2 Sims of different households. That can't be.

Afterwards I went to the gym and there I just got off the treadmill when the next two had sex. The interesting thing is that one of these two Sims had also been in that park all day. So how can he have built up such a friendship in the 10 minutes between the park and the gym that it can get straight to the point in the studio. There's something wrong.

I also don't think that the margin between 0 and -0.15 makes the difference now? I also noticed that I can't set the "Player to NPC Sims Relationship Modifier" to negative. The minimum here is probably 0.

50 minutes ago, The Blob said:

I would like to give you a little progress report:

For test purposes, I have started a new game for an optimal setting, especially so that all relationships are reset again.

I have set both modifiers to 0, but that is not enough. I was in the park the very first day in the morning and in the afternoon there was already the first sex on a park bench between 2 Sims of different households. That can't be.

Afterwards I went to the gym and there I just got off the treadmill when the next two had sex. The interesting thing is that one of these two Sims had also been in that park all day. So how can he have built up such a friendship in the 10 minutes between the park and the gym that it can get straight to the point in the studio. There's something wrong.

I also don't think that the margin between 0 and -0.15 makes the difference now? I also noticed that I can't set the "Player to NPC Sims Relationship Modifier" to negative. The minimum here is probably 0.

My bad in posting the wrong numbers as I must have been tired.

They should be whole numbers meaning anything after the decimal point are meaningless.

I should have stated -15.0 stops autonomous sex for anything other than very romantic sims.

If you want to slow down Player to NPC autonomous sex start at -7.0 or if you only want romantic sex use -15.0. 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:25 PM, Scorpio said:

My bad in posting the wrong numbers as I must have been tired.

They should be whole numbers meaning anything after the decimal point are meaningless.

I should have stated -15.0 stops autonomous sex for anything other than very romantic sims.

If you want to slow down Player to NPC autonomous sex start at -7.0 or if you only want romantic sex use -15.0. 

Yes, the settings already look much more effective. Both modifiers are currently at -5 and even during major events it remains calm :D

However, it does not stop requests in general. I already notice that requests between NPCs continue to be made very early, but the Sims then indignantly refuse.

Nevertheless, the new setting seems to have made me the centre of attention in the city. Sims constantly come up to me and ask me for sex without even having known me. I've had the travel sex set to 0 for weeks now, but if that's the compromise so that Sims aren't just forced to sleep with others in the middle of dates, then I'd rather put up with it. It's just always annoying because the requests always delete my entire queue of actions.

13 hours ago, The Blob said:

I've had the travel sex set to 0 for weeks now, but if that's the compromise so that Sims aren't just forced to sleep with others in the middle of dates, then I'd rather put up with it. It's just always annoying because the requests always delete my entire queue of actions.

Wicked Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Autonomy Triggers:

Disable Travel, Solo, and Joining if that's what you want.

I always disable WW Autonomy before going on dates and use manual mode when the time comes to finish off the date.

(Some prefer to keep this setting off until visiting Clubs or whatever and only enable when you want it)

Just click on your date and select romantic then 'Make a Move', (it's in the last menu available if sims are romantic).

The next trick is the Date Location as private venues are impossible to find so you won't be interrupted by other sims.

San Myosho(City Living EP) on the Map Screen on the bottom right there is a Special Park with an empty house to use for dates.

I've never had any other sims dropping by to disturb my dates.

I edited the lot beforehand to add a double bed upstairs and make a few other changes.

If you ever play a Rags to Riches Challenge starting with Zero money this is a good place to camp out to eat, sleep, and shower until you can make enough $$ to build your own home.