Crash after setting hotkeys

Specifically, after I set one it won't let me interact with any other MCM menus, and I can't exit the escape menu without saving or exiting to the main menu. I am unable to use keys for any of this. I have to use the mouse. After I'm out of the menu any key press crashes the game. I've done a complete reinstall and only have a couple mods installed for simplicity in testing. For testing I'm using better vampires (as it has few requirements and I can set hotkeys in it.)

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  Hearthfires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm
06  ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl
07  ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl
08  ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm
09  FNIS.esp
0A  Better Vampires.esp
0B  SkyUI_SE.esp

A look at the logs leading up to the crash tells me what's going on well enough, but I have no idea how to even start fixing it.

Any help is appreciated.

It happened with other mods as well, and whether better vampires was installed or not.

Papyrus.0.log

AE or SE based game?

If AE (ie 1.6x) you may be experiencing one of the many oddities that are occurring right now as the support programs are updated to deal with the skyrim version change. If so, the current recommendation made by many is to downgrade back to 1.5.97/2.0.17 and monitor the "channels" until they are updated. See the SE Compatibility Tracking thread from the main Lover's Lab Skyrim Special Edition page, which shows the updated status for many SE mods.

If not... well I don't see SKSE in your active mods list, so with Sky UI there, don't you need SKSE? (could be mistaken)

Edited by anjenthedog

Skse is installed. I do it manually. I have AE, If I had to guess, based on the error and such, its probably something that needs to be fixed with SKSE (like with the alchemy crash from the first AE version) or something up with SkyUI.

As for downgrading, all the mods I use already function fine with AE. Its just this issue. Oh, and racemenu. Also, I'm always iffy about stuff like that. I'm not actually good enough with computer stuff to know what I'm doing most of the time. What I'm good with is because of all the guides I've read over the last ... shit fifteen years now? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...