Windows 8 Help: AMD Radeon GFX Driver Won't Update

I'll look into getting a 500 power supply.  Thanks for the info.

I appreciate any and all help.

Changing out the power supply for your current 560ti.

Two things to keep in mind

1) check the size of the original from the spec page at HP. You shouldn't go much bigger than that. A few cm maybe but avoid that.

2) check and make sure that the amp for the 12+ rails on the power supply match or exceed the amp of the requirements of the 560ti. Or at the bare minimum make sure it is SLI compliant. If it is, it should be able to handle the graphic card. If possible get a bigger one more watt and amps you will not harm anything.

My preferred power is PC power and cooling and Corsair. Both give excellent amp and clean wattage. Both have also lasted through at least 2 or more computers (3 to 5 years) without any issues.

Good luck.

Interesting thing occurred.

I put in that stick of ram because they appeared to be the same kinds, from the Old pc to the new PC.  It worked just fine all last evening.  Put the New PC to sleep before I went to bed.  Get up and tried to wake it up and it wouldn't wake up.

Did a shutdown and restart and it would turn on and just not send a picture to the monitor.... Just like the "Old" PC.

Pulled the stick of ram out and tried again.  Started just fine.

So this whole time.... I guess my Ram went bad?  Lol. Fuck.

A few things to remember.

You carry an electrical charge at all times unless you discharge yourself.

Unplug the computer and some say to push the power button to "discharge" the computer. The processor fan sometimes moves a bit. This is not necessary but couldn't hurt.

Touch the outside case each and every time you pick up an electrical part or reach into the computer to "discharge" yourself.

Now with the above basics covered. Lets check the memory.....

Turn off the machine do the above steps at all time where appropriate.

Try only one stick of ram at a time. Place that stick of ram in the closest slot to the processor. (yes modern boards shouldn't have any issues however this is an OEM or manufacture created Motherboard and it may be more temperamental) If it works great. If not turn off the computer, discharge it, yourself and changed the slot to the next further slot for memory. Try again. If not repeat until all slots don't work. If the memory still is giving problems put it to the side. Grab the next stick. Repeat above. Some will say it isn't necessary. I am making sure that it isn't the memory slot as well that is bad.

If there is a memory issue. You will find that one or more of the memory units won't work. The others that do keep in a safe pile. If you need more memory go somewhere where they are good at advice and get complete sets. DDR2 need two sticks, DDR3 needs sets of Three. It will save headaches later. The exception is if you manufacture (HP) send you a replacement.

This is weird that you had no alert sound from the motherboard.

usually the motherboard screams when there is a problem with ram.

So maybe use the new ram on the old PC ? :P

Anyone that have worked on computers professionally  have on occasion found partially damaged sticks that can respond enough that the memory unit believes it works. (this isn't me I only play one on TV :) )On one occasion there wasn't any beeps without the memory in the machine at all.

http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/

Very few computers are demanding more than 500W

I do agree with you. I had a 400 watt computer running an old i7 machine with a 4890 and 6 sata hard drives with multiple dvd drives full atx motherboard as well. Most would say that was too much for the power supply. however that power supply rating was sustained not peak as most power supplies that are cheap are. What that means is the power supply had more wattage that mentioned and could easily maintain 400 watts after the boot which uses most of the power.

Very few computers power supplies have enough amps to safely and confidently provide a long and safe life for the computer when combined with bigger and more powerful graphic cards.

Secondly. the price for similarly priced 600 watt power supplies (gaming) are only a few dollars more than their 500 watt brothers.

this added wattage and capability will give some gfx upgrade ability in the future.

Anyone that have worked on computers professionally  have on occasion found partially damaged sticks that can respond enough that the memory unit believes it works. (this isn't me I only play one on TV :) )On one occasion there wasn't any beeps without the memory in the machine at all.

Usually it make the computer crash a lot if the memory is damaged but I never had the case where it prevented image to come up without the motherboard yelling, again as a professional what I will check first is the memory by removing / swapping sticks. Also it is pretty hard to fix a computer over a forum :)

If it is the ram only that was faulty I would go to the guy that badly tried to fix your computer and complain because you didnt really need a new PC.

Usually it make the computer crash a lot if the memory is damaged but I never had the case where it prevented image to come up without the motherboard yelling, again as a professional what I will check first is the memory by removing / swapping sticks. Also it is pretty hard to fix a computer over a forum :)

If it is the ram only that was faulty I would go to the guy that badly tried to fix your computer and complain because you didnt really need a new PC.

I agree. It is likely other issues involved. I just wanted to give some safety and guidance on how to test the memory so that it can be done in a reasonably safe manner without causing more issues.

As far as the motherboard yelling there was a Dell at the place where I work that wouldn't beep yet memtest indicated bad memory. When changed out it started to work again properly.

Thats the thing at least you did through memtest while in the OP case no image would come up, again working on computers you can definitly see a new issue everyday :)

See all sorts of issues. A dvd rom that wouldn't let windows 7 be installed. Stated it was missing the ACHI drivers which are included for dvd rom drives in Windows 7. Got a different 7 disk to see if there was some corruption. None. Changed cables to see if there was any problems still none. Used a  USB DVD rom and it works.. ??? What the hell is going on. Makes no sense. Well after finishing and installing the OS the DVD rom would work most of the time and disappear. when replaced it would load the OS just fine. Apparently there was an intermittent sort or issue with the DVD rom circuit board. That wasted two days of work for a 16.99 DVD -RW. LOL

Thats the thing at least you did through memtest while in the OP case no image would come up, again working on computers you can definitly see a new issue everyday :)

See all sorts of issues. A dvd rom that wouldn't let windows 7 be installed. Stated it was missing the ACHI drivers which are included for dvd rom drives in Windows 7. Got a different 7 disk to see if there was some corruption. None. Changed cables to see if there was any problems still none. Used a  USB DVD rom and it works.. ??? What the hell is going on. Makes no sense. Well after finishing and installing the OS the DVD rom would work most of the time and disappear. when replaced it would load the OS just fine. Apparently there was an intermittent sort or issue with the DVD rom circuit board. That wasted two days of work for a 16.99 DVD -RW. LOL

I usually make my own USB pen drive Windows 7 install because I had this issue a lot while the DVD rom was working fine for other means than installing Windows, you then just have to enter the serial key from the packaging and voila :)

But I think we went way off topic here haha :)

I usually make my own USB pen drive Windows 7 install because I had this issue a lot while the DVD rom was working fine for other means than installing Windows, you then just have to enter the serial key from the packaging and voila :)

But I think we went way off topic here haha :)

We are off topic here however at least now the OP knows that there are two individuals with knowledge that can truly help guide in the solution.

Time to focus on the OP when he gets back.

Well what I've done now is gone to a local Computer repair business and talked to them a bit.  I had them order me a 550 watt power supply to get here in 5 or so days and they said they'd install it and the NVidia 560 Ti. 

Costing me $150 for the whole ordeal.

But if it gets my Geforce card working again, over this POS ATI card, then I'm going to be happier.

Continued appreciation for the various tips on all of this.