Windows 8 Help: AMD Radeon GFX Driver Won't Update

My computer broke last Friday. Great.

Had to go buy a new PC, it came with Windows 8....  Greater.

It has an AMD Radeon HD 7570 card inside of it... according to DxDiag.

The driver is out of date.

I go to the AMD website.... their Auto-Detect tool fails to work.  It tells me "We were unable to find your product or OS.".  FANTASTIC.

Manual installation time, right?  I download the latest release of the AMD Catalyst program... which is supposed to included the newest drivers.  It seems to download and install just fine.

DxDiag:  My driver date has not changed, has not updated.

So....... whats the deal?

I'm completely at a loss.

Thanks for any potential help.

Uninstall the drivers completely, restart, and then install Catalyst 13.4 for the HD7000 family of video cards (make sure it's the version made for both Windows 7 and 8, and you should know whether you're using 32- or 64-bit versions of those operating systems).

Unfortunately games like Tomb Raider are running worse on this new pc than they were on my old one.

My old pc had an Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti.....i think..... was the name.

I don't know if that was just a better GFX card or if Windows 8 is just bogging down Tomb Raider that much more.

Or if the ATI driver is outdated........

Tomb Raider is supposed to be otpimized for AMD cards, thats the real odd thing.

If you can't get the driver working, then since your PC is still under warranty, maybe you can have the GPU changed to... um, a nVidia.

BTW, what's the full specs of the PC you bought? I would've preferred a custom-built rig over an off-the-shelf system.

Yeah, I just bought it at Best Buy.  They said they could've ordered me one, but... I don't want to just come home and sit here on the sofa for a week waiting for a machine that would've cost me $1000 more than what they had anyway.  Thats the ultimate price, you know... could have one ordered.  But... shit loads more money and a god knows-how-long-wait for it.

This is it, off of their website.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+ENVY+Desktop+-+10GB+Memory+-+1.5TB+Hard+Drive/7479285.p?id=1218847153040&skuId=7479285&st=hp%20envy%20desktop&cp=1&lp=1

I appreciate the info on the old graphics card being better.

Question:

Even though I've put a healthy amount of use into it, do you guys think I should take out the card in my new machine (The AMD one) and put in the NVidia card, even with the mileage i've put on it?  I mean, its not what broke in my old PC, so its still funcational....  Removing and replacing cards is something I'm not personally experienced at, but I can probably find someone who is..

Lordofthedread:

That driver is the one that I've been trying to get to install.  I download it... I run the file.... it seems to install just fine... I check DXDiag and it still has an old date.  Not the date associated with that driver.

Thanks for the continued help with all this crap.

Since your computer is an HP I dont know what is their policy with opening the case and replacing the graphic card in term of warranty but if its OK I would replace the new by the old indeed.

Dont care what DXDiag says but what is saying Catalyst Control Center?  If it says your driver is 13.4 then thats all good.

I'll have to find out if the ATI thing is integrated then... If it is, I guess I'm screwed to have Shadows turned off in every game I play from hence forth, lol... fuck.

As far as HP warrantee, I'm sure it destroys that to get inside the thing and fiddle. But, eh, fuck it. I'd do it anyway.

I'm looking through the Catalyst Cointrol Center and can't find a section that displays the current Driver version.

in informations then software, your graphic card should not be integrated unless this is a M version.

Always (and I mean it) always buy a computer in parts to match your needs and here is why :

- Warranty of the parts are almost always longer than the contructor warranty

- You can choose exactly what meets your needs and it is usually cheaper

- You can ask about what specific piece of hardware match your needs using forums / websites discussing about hardware (you can even ask me here I would gladly answer)

- You can later on make your computer evolving by changing one or multiple parts without the need to change the whole damn thing

Anty hardware supplier will offer to put all the parts together for cheap.

Be EXTREMELY careful HP just sent me an auto update for my video driver and it failed to install correctly corrupting 5 of my programs including steam the only fix was a system restore that deleted all these corrupted programs plus some of  the installed windows apps LOL. to make a long story short they totally screwed my system and I'm still fixing/ reinstalling  programs a week later btw HP supports feed back was basically shit happens we cant help you   suggestion turn off the auto updates and if it aint broken don't fix it

Will my Power Supply support the Nvidia card that I have from my previous PC?

I think that website I linked up there said its a 460 w Power Supply.

I didn' thave this PC put together with parts because I put this on a Best Buy store credit card.  Didn't want to pay for it all at once.

Catalyst Screenshot:

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/liquidillumination/AMDCatalystScreen_zps235543d9.jpg

I dont have Windows 8 installed so I cant say for sure but yes the catalyst version is missing.

You power supply should be able to support your old graphic card, the Geforce 560 ti has a TDP of 170W, some models go up to 2xxW.

That said you have to look on your old graphic card how many power inputs are needed, not sure your new power supply has more than one.

Could you tell us what broke on your old computer? Maybe wold be easier to fix the old than to modify the new :)

As far as what broke.  The guy at Best Buy tested it out on their stuff.  He plugged it into the graphics card, no picture.  He took the graphcs card out and there was still no picture when he plugged it into the motherboard.

He said the computer appeared to be Starting Up just fine, doing its "Post" as he called it.... which was a term i'd never heard.

He said that it appeared that the computer just wasn't producing a picture anymore and that looked as thought I needed a new Motherboard.  He didn't indicate that the problem was the Nvidia Graphics card as it appeared to be still be working, with the fan spinning and everything.

But thats the only information that I got out of him. Nothing concrete as they only give you like 5 or so minutes of free advice, lol.

Something weird is really going on here though. I mean, I have an AMD graphics card... but its like its not working right.  I guess I should just take this thing back to Best Buy and find out.

Changing the motherboard would have cost less on your old PC, just saying, it is even weird that the guy did not offered that as an option.

Post means that the computer goes past the memory count process and starting without errors, it could be your PCIE bus that was damaged but I never saw that before, not counting that plugging the video output directly on the motherboard does not give any signal either.

Cant help more unless you give me the full spec of your old PC.

Going to Best Buy may be worth a shot but I doubt they can figure out what the problem really is and you will still have a quite low end graphic card at the end of the day.

Geforce 560 TI http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+560+Ti/review

ATI Radeon 7570 http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/AMD+Radeon+HD+7570/review

I guess thats not something wrong with the card itself, just the card being lame.

My computer broke last Friday. Great.

Had to go buy a new PC, it came with Windows 8....  Greater.

It has an AMD Radeon HD 7570 card inside of it... according to DxDiag.

The driver is out of date.

I go to the AMD website.... their Auto-Detect tool fails to work.  It tells me "We were unable to find your product or OS.".  FANTASTIC.

Manual installation time, right?  I download the latest release of the AMD Catalyst program... which is supposed to included the newest drivers.  It seems to download and install just fine.

DxDiag:  My driver date has not changed, has not updated.

So....... whats the deal?

I'm completely at a loss.

Thanks for any potential help.

If you are having problems with a NEW computer, return it. Don't wait. If they cannot easily fix the problem return the computer.

If you return the computer. Get one with Windows 7 on it. It will be more difficult but worth it for gaming purposes. If not and you are able to find a place that builds PC and have the budget for the extra few dollars for custom do it. Or find a friend that can build one for you for some pizza and beer or something. You don't know much about computers not a problem. The place should be able to build basically the same computer spec wise of the computer that you wanted. It will cost a few dollars more though.

I wasn't able to put the NVidia card into the pc.  Had someone who knows pretty well how to do that stuff. He said the plugs weren't there, that two needed to be used and there was only space for one. Something like that.

Disappointing.

Sounds like you needed the above. They are only a couple of dollars, very cheap. One warning, however with your friend that "pretty well knows to do that stuff" should be able to find out. The power requirements as well as the amps per rail required for the graphic card needs to be met by the power supply. Without the correct power even if it does work in the beginning you can have serious issues later.

Hope that gives some aid.

Will my Power Supply support the Nvidia card that I have from my previous PC?

I think that website I linked up there said its a 460 w Power Supply.

I didn' thave this PC put together with parts because I put this on a Best Buy store credit card.  Didn't want to pay for it all at once.

Catalyst Screenshot:

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/liquidillumination/AMDCatalystScreen_zps235543d9.jpg

No your power supply isn't strong enough.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-560ti/specifications

You will need a new power supply with at least 500 watts of power but also enough amperage.

As far as what broke.  The guy at Best Buy tested it out on their stuff.  He plugged it into the graphics card, no picture.  He took the graphcs card out and there was still no picture when he plugged it into the motherboard.

Either the info you gave on the computer was wrong or Best Buy Geek did something wrong. There is no motherboard graphics on the motherboard, therefore he couldn't of plugged it into the motherboard to test if it worked. You are required to have a separate graphic card.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03639067&prodSeriesId=5330773

Scroll down to "Back I/O ports" there you will not see the same plug as the cable you currently have. If you do and the model is the same that means that HP Changed the motherboard specs and nobody can be sure what hardware you have currently which makes it very hard to work to solve the problem.