FULL GENESIS 8 Body (BHUNP Based)

New CBPC update dropped today. Based on a quick test seems to be a predictably safe update with this mod.

Another from the suggested load order Better Female wrists hands ankles and leg ratio twists. This mod seems to work with or without, so use if you want minor improvement (I can only distinguish the less wide wrists when using it).

joyjoy24: I already tested the unannounced 0.6.1. I can report that Nord DZ doesn't crash anymore, and neither does the scar slider. Good work. 

Edited by magitsu

@joyjoy24for me the 0.6.2 head crashes with Nord DZ, but not the Scar slider. 0.6.1 didn't crash with either.

The 0.6.2 crashing seems to be related to eyelashes. The 17th slider position of Facial Hair crashes it. Which is COR_AllRace.esp 00DZB_HumanFemaleLashes based on 0.6.1. 

Since Dark Elf, Orc and Wood Elf DZ also have 17th slider pos selected in their first preset, those crash as well. So the culprit for this bug seems obvious.

The problem file is specifically EyeFemaleLashes.nif (though I only tested which of the 3 produces the crash, the Lashes.nif, Lashes.tri and Chargen.tri )

In 0.6.2 there's a subfolder called Nouveau dossier inside the Lashes folder. If I take that folder's EyeFemaleLashes.nif and copy it to the Lashes folder the crash is gone. So was there a mixup and the Noveau was supposed to be the Lashes folder? Though the Lashes folder's crashing nif is 19kb smaller and 33 minutes newer based on last edit. 

Anyway, it should be rather easy to fix with this amount of sourcing work.

(For me I pasted everything except EyeFemaleLashes.tri, EyeFemaleLashesRace.tri and EyeFemaleLashesChargen.tri from the Nouveau to the Lashes folder - it works and only the EyeFemaleLashes.nif is now not the newest edited file to be found, but you might as well wait for the proper fix inside that Lashes.nif file - I have no idea whether these newer lash slider files like EyeFemaleLashesSasha were supposed to be in the Lashes folder or not, but they seem to work).

edit: I took a quick look at Nifskope. It seems that Noveau dossier's EyeFemaleLashes.nif has TriShapeData but the Lashes folder's crashing nif is missing it. (based on how the Lashes folder's not working nif has SSE's BSTrishape and Noveau's working has LE's NiTrishape it might not be a case of that folder having supposed to replace the Lashes folder)

Edited by magitsu

Yeah I know thank you, I was busy today to fix it, that is an unfortunate mistake sorry,, I should add a conversion of the FemaleMakeUpSuite mod for G8, i also added some cstom ones, looks nice, thank you again for the interrest you have for this G8 

I don't know whether it's due to me not using an ENB, but I feel that the 0.6.4's standard MouthHumanF .nif might be a bit too white. The white shiny versions are far too white sticking out from even the whitest face.

Other users, have a go. The current set of files available work.

Edited by magitsu

Well you are only at halfway by having BHUNP clothes (right shape but no reference to the new body texture). For that they need to be edited in the Outfit Studio.

Since joyjoy24 seems to have removed the guide video from the start, I'm guessing he intends to change the outfit conversion process some way.

For now just test the naked version and see whether its worth waiting. Or play with outfits that cover everything, like the elven armor set.

Edited by magitsu
1 hour ago, magitsu said:

Well you are only at halfway by having BHUNP clothes (right shape but no reference to the new body texture). For that they need to be edited in the Outfit Studio.

Since joyjoy24 seems to have removed the guide video from the start, I'm guessing he intends to change the outfit conversion process some way.

For now just test the naked version and see whether its worth waiting. Or play with outfits that cover everything, like the elven armor set.

Could you recall what was needed to convert it all over. and why is the dz races defaulting on vanilla  meshes  and not bhunp ones  while if i was a normal race it switches to the bhunp ones. tested it with racemenu and starting a new game completely i batch builded only the bhunp files

This have the shape of Bhunp but it's not that's why the bhunp outfits are not ready to use, you have to convert it youself if you know how to, it's easy but I understand that can be awful for a new user , this is the principal cons but as I said before i wanted to make a body that can have ''easy to convert" skin textures, that is the major point of this,

@magitsu you prolly right, i like white teeth better than gray ones lol but i understand, I will replace the white one by the default COTR teeth texture ?

Spoiler

image.png.6a03d7b113bc1d65a8855cfd78a6935e.png

That is not much but, it's here

Edited by joyjoy24

@joyjoy24, do you intend to chenge the outfit conversion process? Because if you aren't, then enabling that Bhunp to G8 video back could help users like billymom2 try to do it in Bodyslide/Outfit Studio.

Until the video is back, here's the the process roughly. Open the bhunp outfit in Bodyslide -> then click that button right of it which takes you to outfit studio. Then you can delete the Canal vag and anus meshes. Then go to file, import, from nif. The right file is in the G8 bodyslide mod's CalienteTools\BodySlide\RefTemplate  it's the Genesis 8 Body X1.nif

Now you notice some new meshes layers. The idea is to select all of the new ones and go to slider -> conform selected. Then what you do is delete the original BaseShape and rename the imported (usually imports as BaseShape_outfit if there's BaseShape already) back to BaseShape.

Then rightclick the new BaseShape and select set as reference.

Hands and feet (arms and legs usually no) meshes should usually be deleted. But FemaleHead is important to keep since unlike the Bhunp, this G8 will appear in the game without a neck if that's not included.

Then just save and build it in bodyslide to a slider of your choice (same as body), the build morphs selected,

So unless you have done it before, be prepared to learn some things and maybe get slightly frustrated if you see misisng necks or similar. High heels conversions is the next, slightly harder step.

Edited by magitsu
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 2:05 PM, magitsu said:

@joyjoy24, do you intend to chenge the outfit conversion process? Because if you aren't, then enabling that Bhunp to G8 video back could help users like billymom2 try to do it in Bodyslide/Outfit Studio.

Until the video is back, here's the the process roughly. Open the bhunp outfit in Bodyslide -> then click that button right of it which takes you to outfit studio. Then you can delete the Canal vag and anus meshes. Then go to file, import, from nif. The right file is in the G8 bodyslide mod's CalienteTools\BodySlide\RefTemplate  it's the Genesis 8 Body X1.nif

Now you notice some new meshes layers. The idea is to select all of the new ones and go to slider -> conform selected. Then what you do is delete the original BaseShape and rename the imported (usually imports as BaseShape_outfit if there's BaseShape already) back to BaseShape.

Then rightclick the new BaseShape and select set as reference.

Hands and feet (arms and legs usually no) meshes should usually be deleted. But FemaleHead is important to keep since unlike the Bhunp, this G8 will appear in the game without a neck if that's not included.

Then just save and build it in bodyslide to a slider of your choice (same as body), the build morphs selected,

So unless you have done it before, be prepared to learn some things and maybe get slightly frustrated if you see misisng necks or similar. High heels conversions is the next, slightly harder step.

Followed this closely, it appears that the G8 baseshape is only being partially converted.  Tried enlarging the Conform radius - same result.   Suggestions?

Spoiler

34986227_BHUNPG8conv.png.535796555ea602653deaeea41904027f.png

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention this is a conversion from Northgirl Armor Neko edition BHUNP

Edited by Temphyx
  • 3 weeks later...

Bloody amazing work! I saw several texture files with female names in your google drive - would it be possible to upload named screenshots of the textures on the download page? Cause it's a bit of a bother to have to dl every file, install it and then check in game or bodyslide how it looks.

Do you maybe have face presets for the examples you have in screenshots on download page? I'm namely interested in a preset for the pink-haired, pink-eyed girl (she looks a LOT like Daenerys :heart:).

What other mods did you use to get the faces of the the characters in the screenshots look that beautiful? I'm interested in lips and eyes especially.

Also (and here I apologize for completely noobish question), which body options do I have to check/uncheck when "batch build" building armors in bodyslide?

Edited by u543764509
On 1/20/2022 at 6:33 PM, JohnSmith54 said:

Never thought that DAZ models can be converted to Skyrim, its great. Maybe some day we well see proper modern animations, not only meshes. Even simple DAZ walk/run is 100 times better that we have in game.

Technicly its not a problem at all but... 

Yep i was very surprised why after 10 years of modding noone still do this. I mean full port of DAZ: sceleton, body (male and female) and animations to Skyrim. Its "sounds" as wery logic move. Yes you will need to recreate all ingame animations but its only question of time. In any case this work can be done by professional 3d modellers and animators for us.

How much this will cost? 10 000, 20 000 60 000 buks? If this numbers scares you take an easy. Just look how many money people spend every mons on Skyrim modding by donations or on Patreon for same reasons and you will understand that even 60 000 buks is not a problem for project like this.

There is only one real problem - skinmorphing. Skyrim engine does not support this feature so we will not have that smooth and realistic look that provided by DAZ models on movement.

And there is another one strange thing about Skyrim bodyes: why we still using object space normals instead of tangent space for bodyes? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 2:32 AM, TRX_Trixter said:

Technicly its not a problem at all but... 

Yep i was very surprised why after 10 years of modding noone still do this. I mean full port of DAZ: sceleton, body (male and female) and animations to Skyrim. Its "sounds" as wery logic move. Yes you will need to recreate all ingame animations but its only question of time. In any case this work can be done by professional 3d modellers and animators for us.

How much this will cost? 10 000, 20 000 60 000 buks? If this numbers scares you take an easy. Just look how many money people spend every mons on Skyrim modding by donations or on Patreon for same reasons and you will understand that even 60 000 buks is not a problem for project like this.

There is only one real problem - skinmorphing. Skyrim engine does not support this feature so we will not have that smooth and realistic look that provided by DAZ models on movement.

And there is another one strange thing about Skyrim bodyes: why we still using object space normals instead of tangent space for bodyes? 

Я думаю что движок скайрима морально устарел, как ты и говорил, скинморф не поддерживается. Хотя движок не стареет, оно лишь нуждается в обновлении, не так ли? Ну тут нужен человек который имеет глубинное знание движка скайрима, чтобы пропихнуть туда скинморф

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...