Help me diagnose broken Frostbite effect

Something, some mod or other, has messed up the Frosbite effect so that instead of a fine spray of frost, it renders looking like this:

ScreenShot62.png

Each particle is rendered as a big white square, which makes fighting it almost impossible, since on top of being slowed down, you can't see to hit them.

So: I'm guessing some mod or other has changed a texture path or corrupted a texture file. Trouble is, I have no idea which it was. My best guess had been Summermyst, but removing the mod doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Any ideas? This is getting past a joke.

I don't have any idea on the issue.  The only thing I can mention may be that whatever the problem is may be in your save file at this point.  If so, removing the mod wouldn't fix it and only a new game would correct it if you find the mod causing the problem.

Maybe someone else can actually help answer your question, the only thing I can add is maybe starting a new game to test on a clean save to see if that fixes it by removing the mod you think is causing the problem. 

Well, it persists across save games. I've restarted a few times recently, including a couple of quite minimal ones. Trouble is, you have  to play for a while to find someone with frostbite so it's a pain to test without getting all meta-gamey about it.

Although that might not be the worst idea at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

In case it helps anyone else, it's definitely ENB Light. I reinstalled without the spell effect lights and everything renders properly.

Might be I'm missing a soft depend to make the spell render right. I'm just happy to be able to fight restless draugr and not get Blinded By The White :)