Skyrim SE Creation Kit, ForceGreets for Followers

Hello everyone, i'm a bit new to CK but I have made a follower with basic Sexlab scripts and I wanted to ask for help. I am trying to make my follower Force Greet the player. (Either Daily or whenever the PC wakes up) however i'm having trouble trying to do this, because the follower doesn't approach or use forcegreet as soon as they are a follower

Things I have tried.

1 - Added a Unique Actor Alias + Alias Package for Force Greeting. (Priority is adjusted to 80)

2 - Added a Package for ForceGreeting while the npc is in the currentfollower fac, for their "Actor" page.

Spoiler

image.png.d2c9811b7c000635ccf9fdb2e5f43f33.pngPicpicpic.png

Edited by Gyuniku
15 hours ago, Gyuniku said:

Hello everyone, i'm a bit new to CK but I have made a follower with basic Sexlab scripts and I wanted to ask for help. I am trying to make my follower Force Greet the player. (Either Daily or whenever the PC wakes up) however i'm having trouble trying to do this, because the follower doesn't approach or use forcegreet as soon as they are a follower

Things I have tried.

1 - Added a Unique Actor Alias + Alias Package for Force Greeting. (Priority is adjusted to 80)

2 - Added a Package for ForceGreeting while the npc is in the currentfollower fac, for their "Actor" page.

Hide contents

image.png.d2c9811b7c000635ccf9fdb2e5f43f33.pngPicpicpic.png

This is all pretty easy, but these specifics are hard to do.

For waking up, make an alias on the player and add a script on it with

Event OnSleepStop(bool abInterrupted) (Methods on ActiveMagicEffect Script, Alias Script, and Form Script)

In that script, set a faction rank to an integer.  Maybe use 1 for you wakeup event and 2 for your daily event.  On sleep stop is not reliable as far as the timing in concerned and is dependant on the speed of the machine it is running on.  Be sure to test on multiple machines of various quality.

To make sure that it happens reasonably soon (the engine sometimes does not re-evaluate packages promptly)

yournpc.evaluatePackage()

Then make a forcegreet package with the faction rank = 1 for the wake up forcegreet and 2 for the daily event.

Also, get creative and use the story manager.  It is really powerful.  Check out actor dialog and hello events and especially for you, script events.  Then, you can start a "quest" with a single scene that will have the NPC approach the player (Travel) and then say the forcegreet dialog.  That is probably the easiest and least script heavy method.  There are tons of examples in the vanilla game.  Learn and understand them.

Doughamil was really helpful to me when I was first learning.  Here is one of his videos on this very topic.  Sadly, he only did a few, but they are great and well presented.

Spoiler

For the once a day greeting, make a hello dialog (in the Misc Section) that triggers at say hour 10 (10 am) and only happens once a day.  It should be that simple.  It will not happen every day depending on how many other hello's there are and especially if you are using a vanilla voice.  You have more control if you use a custom voice (which I almost always do).

Read and grok this page https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Condition_Functions

Edited by fishburger67
11 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

This is all pretty easy, but these specifics are hard to do.

For waking up, make an alias on the player and add a script on it with

Event OnSleepStop(bool abInterrupted) (Methods on ActiveMagicEffect Script, Alias Script, and Form Script)

In that script, set a faction rank to an integer.  Maybe use 1 for you wakeup event and 2 for your daily event.  On sleep stop is not reliable as far as the timing in concerned and is dependant on the speed of the machine it is running on.  Be sure to test on multiple machines of various quality.

To make sure that it happens reasonably soon (the engine sometimes does not re-evaluate packages promptly)

yournpc.evaluatePackage()

Then make a forcegreet package with the faction rank = 1 for the wake up forcegreet and 2 for the daily event.

Also, get creative and use the story manager.  It is really powerful.  Check out actor dialog and hello events and especially for you, script events.  Then, you can start a "quest" with a single scene that will have the NPC approach the player (Travel) and then say the forcegreet dialog.  That is probably the easiest and least script heavy method.  There are tons of examples in the vanilla game.  Learn and understand them.

Doughamil was really helpful to me when I was first learning.  Here is one of his videos on this very topic.  Sadly, he only did a few, but they are great and well presented.

Reveal hidden contents

For the once a day greeting, make a hello dialog (in the Misc Section) that triggers at say hour 10 (10 am) and only happens once a day.  It should be that simple.  It will not happen every day depending on how many other hello's there are and especially if you are using a vanilla voice.  You have more control if you use a custom voice (which I almost always do).

Read and grok this page https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Condition_Functions

Sorry for the late reply I just got off work,

Thank you very much! these links are very useful, I didn't think having an NPC forcegreet someone after they wake up was so difficult and that it depends on the machine too, I am experimenting with the conditions at the moment. I think I should start with the once a day greeting first, however I am having trouble just trying to get the forcegreet dialogue to work while I have an NPC as a follower.

I have tried these 2 conditions for the actor and Alias package and set the priority to 80 but it didn't work.

Spoiler

Picpicpic.png.7451394e7a66df8e4c6d2e87cd8adca0.png.ea6c77c18ec6858e9524dc8e5a1349bc.pngPicpicpic.png.02fea45d5de4f9614ff173a5aead1949.png

Did I put in the wrong conditions? or am I missing something. She can still greet me, though not as a follower.

Edited by Gyuniku
2 hours ago, Gyuniku said:

Sorry for the late reply I just got off work,

Thank you very much! these links are very useful, I didn't think having an NPC forcegreet someone after they wake up was so difficult and that it depends on the machine too, I am experimenting with the conditions at the moment. I think I should start with the once a day greeting first, however I am having trouble just trying to get the forcegreet dialogue to work while I have an NPC as a follower.

I have tried these 2 conditions for the actor and Alias package and set the priority to 80 but it didn't work.

Hide contents

Picpicpic.png.7451394e7a66df8e4c6d2e87cd8adca0.png.ea6c77c18ec6858e9524dc8e5a1349bc.pngPicpicpic.png.02fea45d5de4f9614ff173a5aead1949.png

Did I put in the wrong conditions? or am I missing something. She can still greet me, though not as a follower.

That's only the beginning.

You have two things here.  A greeting at some time of the day.  That goes into the Misc-Hello section

In the wakeup, do as I suggested and put OnSleepStop in a PLAYER alias that starts a scene.

1 hour ago, fishburger67 said:

That's only the beginning.

You have two things here.  A greeting at some time of the day.  That goes into the Misc-Hello section

In the wakeup, do as I suggested and put OnSleepStop in a PLAYER alias that starts a scene.

I will do those thank you, I am new to modding with CK so sorry if i'm making this a bit difficult. I have made some misc dialogue for my follower which works well but they don't initiate a "Forcegreet" dialogue.

I wanted to test out making a Forcegreet dialogue for my follower, before I do the greeting at time of day and the OnSleepStop, because at the moment, my forcegreet only works if my companion isn't a follower.

12 hours ago, Gyuniku said:

I will do those thank you, I am new to modding with CK so sorry if i'm making this a bit difficult. I have made some misc dialogue for my follower which works well but they don't initiate a "Forcegreet" dialogue.

I wanted to test out making a Forcegreet dialogue for my follower, before I do the greeting at time of day and the OnSleepStop, because at the moment, my forcegreet only works if my companion isn't a follower.

Follow my instructions and you will be better off.  There is no way to do a forcegreet when sleep ends in a package because there is no condition for it.  Put the OnSleepStop in the player alias as described and use that to start a scene with the forcegreet in the scene.

If you need the player to the player to respond to what you stick in the Misc-Hello, add a script to it and start it from the topic fragment, i.e. myscenewithforcegreet.start()

Easy as that.