i can't tell if it's FNIS or if i'm just being an idiot

ok, so i managed to get everything working for se. sexlab and all of the other mods work, as far as i'm aware. HOWEVER. whenever the characters begin to do the sexing they kind of just A pose inside each other until the animation ends.

i might as well put it here that i went through MCM and SLAL and enabled the animations that i wanted enabled, and that i use MO2.

so, being the innovative poppy bros jr i am, i went to youtube to look up a tutorial. i followed the tutorial. multiple tutorials, actually. but each and every time the FNIS output is the exact same.

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V7.6   10/19/2021 5:23:03 PM
Generator: C:\Users\ME\Downloads\FNIS Behavior 7_6-11811-7-6-1582308039\FNIS Behavior 7.6\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim 32bit: ??.??.?? - 

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....

Creature Pack not installed

0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character).

1 Warning(s).

1: i do have the creature pack installed.

2. i do have a legal copy of skyrim. both versions, actually.

do i enable both the FNIS data mod and the FNIS behavior mod, or is it one or the other? what folder directory do i have to put FNIS into, or the animation mods? how do i get FNIS to detect the animations?

at this point, i just don't know what i'm doing. the more specific the answers are, the better, otherwise i get lost easy and tend to make things worse.

Edited by blueboy13
50 minutes ago, blueboy13 said:

Generator: C:\Users\ME\Downloads\FNIS Behavior 7_6-11811-7-6-1582308039\FNIS Behavior 7.6\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

How is it installed if it's reading the path of the downloads and not a MO/Steam install?

Also

50 minutes ago, blueboy13 said:

Skyrim 32bit

This likely means you're trying to use FNIS for regular Skyrim and not the one for Skyrim SE.

Edited by Just Don't
3 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

Did you run a game launcher at least once? You should do that for the registry.

i just ran skyrim through steam and checked FNIS, no changes.

unless i'm supposed to do something along the lines of start skyrim, then FNIS simultaneously

8 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

How is it installed if it's reading the path of the downloads and not a MO/Steam install?

Also

This likely means you're trying to use FNIS for regular Skyrim and not the one for Skyrim SE.

i downloaded it from the SE nexus page though? i'll try redownloading it and putting it in the steam skyrim folder. i might just be acting dumb

EDIT: i was just acting dumb and didn't download the SE version for some reason

Edited by blueboy13
i'm not smart

i did all of those! i ran all of the mods through MO2, i ran FNIS through MO2, i ran SKSE through MO2, and i'm still getting the A pose!

FNIS is detecting the extended skeleton, i installed the patch for it. FNIS is detecting the animations. i turned the "overwrite" thing into a separate mod and enabled it.

i just don't know what else to do at this point.

check out the guide @Just Don't created, its linked in his signature.  I had a similar thing the first time I installed everything on my own and everything worked fine except the SexLab animations.   I still don't know where I went wrong but using that guide got me on the right track.  There were a few parts that I (very slighty) diverged from the guide due to updates in some of the mods, but it got me fixed.

Note: I did a clean install using that guide, not editing the existing install due to the potential of carrying over whatever problem I created.

I'm pretty sure my problem was a load order issue.  I'd bet that's part (or all?) of what's doing it for you.  But I may be wrong on that.

You should always launch through MO2 using SKSE if you're using MO2. 

And to @Just Don't's point, if you're going to use many mods you're going to spend a lot of time on MO2.  So definitely watch or read some stuff on it as you try to figure out how to use it.  You can do that as you go following the guide I referenced.  When you come to a new section and aren't sure about it, find a video if possible.  For example, this video really helped me on MO2 and SKSE:

Spoiler

Edited by ttts1
On 10/20/2021 at 2:55 PM, blueboy13 said:

i did all of those! i ran all of the mods through MO2, i ran FNIS through MO2, i ran SKSE through MO2, and i'm still getting the A pose!

FNIS is detecting the extended skeleton, i installed the patch for it. FNIS is detecting the animations. i turned the "overwrite" thing into a separate mod and enabled it.

i just don't know what else to do at this point.

looking through your posts, i can see several things wrong. 

A. when you linked the executable to the generate fnis, when you changed the install path, did you change the executable in MO2? 

this is what your FNIS install should look like.

Spoiler

image.png.9c706f48c607f4a238442473068b07fe.png

If you do not change the name in the fomod thats what it places as the mod name.

When you open the green and blue gears you should have a similar binary

Spoiler

image.png.2320d2ca470e228f8ad88decc7cf7483.png

remove ALL other installs of FNIS. Including the one in the data folder of your game.

Spoiler

image.png.fca2b26ad4edbd021d66718884cfcb3e.png

Run skyrim to at least the splash screen and menu with the launcher once.

Spoiler

image.png.583c30ed9b065cdb996b30a635095c86.png

Can you get to the splash screen with the skse from here? (note i use a FNIS/Nemesis swap, so my FNIS is actually off.)

If your file pathing isn't right thats why you are getting a stack pose.)

Biggest thing. remove any extra installs of FNIS. If you are still linked to the FNIS you installed into the data folder It's one of a few explinations as to why you don't have animations.

The other is did you go into the mcm and register the animations? NO? did you install the Sexlab Animation Loader?

Can you get to the menu with SKSE? No? then you installed and linked SKSE wrong. 

Go slow on the install parts, and you won't be having all the issues once you get into the game. 

Use @Just Don'tinstall guide to the letter.. (for now) that will get you up and running in just an hour or two., don't skip a step because you "already tried that" or "already did that" 

And START CLEAN... Downloads are fine, Delete all the mods you unpacked and "installed"

Edited by jaeos