No Kids

View File

~ Removes Children and Replaces them With Chickens ~ (or simply hides them)

? No Kids

no_kids_extrasmall.png

Previously, I've used Sex Lab - Sexual Fame 'Framework' (LE) (SE) specifically to remove children from the game.

I wanted a mod which:

• Removes Children from The Game (and that's the only goal of the mod)
  • Allows You to Search for Hidden Children to Enable Them (so you can start/complete quests which require children)
  • Allows You to Re-Disable Children after You Enable Them (so you can make them disappear again)
  • Turns them into Chickens (because... obviously!) ?

Mod Versions

You are viewing the Legendary Edition compatible version of No Kids. Here is the Special Edition version.

There are two versions of this mod available:

• No Kids - Chickens (this version turns each child into 60x chickens)
  • No Kids - Hide Children (simply hides children without the amusement of turning them into chickens)

Configuration

You can configure what children are turned into (and how many of each) via the Mod Configuration Menu.

Be default, the options are to turn children into:

• Chickens
  • Dogs
  • Mudcrabs
  • Hods

You can customize the options available by editing the Config.json file in the mod's folder.

Add whatever options you would like under the "nokids_replacement_options" section.

You can include items from the Skyrim base game or any mods you have installed, just be sure to specify the .esm or .esp name in the configuration.

"nokids_replacement_options":
[
  "0xA91A0|Skyrim.esm",
  "0x23A92|Skyrim.esm",
  "0xE4010|Skyrim.esm",
  "0x1347D|Skyrim.esm"
]

NOTE FOR LEGENDARY EDITION USERS:

• If you want to edit the .json, the above format does not work.
  • Instead of "0xABC|Skyrim.esm" you must use "12345|Skyrim.esm" where "12345" is the hexadecimal converted to decimal (here is a converter you can use)
  • So, basically search the internet for the Form ID of something in Skyrim, e.g. a cabbage is 00064B3F, and you use the converter to turn that into the number 412479 so you update the JSON with: "412479|Skyrim.esm"
  • When replacing children with actors, e.g. Nazeem, use the actor's "Base ID" (not the "Ref ID"), e.g. for Nazeem it is 00013BBF (which, converted to decimal, would be 80831)

FAQ

Um, what?

• We had this idea on my Twitch stream* so we made it together. Chickens were my idea. Dogs, Mudcrabs, and Hods were my viewers' ideas.

Source Code

https://github.com/mrowrpurr/NoKids

P.S.

This is my first Lovers Lab mod! I've been wanting to support this community for a long time.

I really hope this helps some users of Adult mods feel better about their kid-free Skyrim world.

Love y'all! Happy Modding. ~ MrowrPurr

Support Rules

The usual. Stay on topic. No trolling. No racism, sexism, homophobia, other -isms and -phobias, or inappropriate remarks.

Have fun! And remember: everyone is doing their best. Happy Modding!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/13/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    PapyrusUtil (or SexLab Framework which includes PapyrusUtil)
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by mrowrpurr

Hey guys and gals - as a reminder - please keep the comments on topic.

Some of the people on this website are making my first Lovers Lab mod release experience a very poor experience.

I want to support Lovers Lab, please stay on topic or I'll pull the mod from the website

Thanks ❤️

Edit: the moderators here are AMAZING and have been removing the inappropriate comments. Love y'all!

Edited by mrowrpurr
1 hour ago, Nevadathehighelf said:

For pregnancy mods, will this mod affect those too? Like if my female pc gets pregnant, and gives birth, will the baby go invisible? ?

This child will go invisible (or be turned into 60 chickens) ~ however, you can open up the Mod Configuration Menu, search for your kid(s)' name(s) and easily enable them! They will never be hidden by the mod again.

screenshot_search.png

screenshot_enable_child.png

Edited by mrowrpurr
On 10/14/2021 at 10:01 PM, mrowrpurr said:

This child will go invisible (or be turned into 60 chickens) ~ however, you can open up the Mod Configuration Menu, search for your kid(s)' name(s) and easily enable them! They will never be hidden by the mod again.

screenshot_search.png

screenshot_enable_child.png

GROOVY! I'll be honest, I was kinda joking when I made that comment, ? but actually didnt know that legit other mods might be affected as well. Thanks for responding and letting me know.:D

Edited by Nevadathehighelf
  • 3 weeks later...

Would love to be able to use this, but am having an issue where it refuses to work with my game. Even when trying to use it with no other mods installed besides what it needs, my game just immediately closes as soon as I start it up if I have this installed. Works on SE, but it's in the LE section, so did I just assume wrong or?

Edited by DarkReynard
On 11/4/2021 at 6:40 AM, DarkReynard said:

Works on SE, but it's in the LE section, so did I just assume wrong or?

Whoops, I didn't know it's "in the LE section", I just followed along the process for uploading a Lovers Lab mod and selected "Regular mod." My bad!

Let me find the SE section, upload there, and add a big banner to this one saying it's for Special Edition and point to the new link.

Like I say in the description, it's the first mod I put on LoversLab. I've never made any mods for Legendary Edition, not sure how you'd make it work. You might be able to simply open the .esp in Legendary Creation Kit as an Active mod, click "Save", and that might automatically make it work.

If it's important for folks on LE, I'll try it out locally and upload a LE version if I can make it work OK. I just downloaded a copy of Skyrim LE and the LE Creation Kit!

Edit: I'll definitely see if I can make it work for LE tonight, I know the LE Sexlab community is still pretty active, even with AE right around the corner.

Edited by mrowrpurr
On 11/4/2021 at 2:40 PM, DarkReynard said:

my game just immediately closes as soon as I start it up if I have this installed.

Thanks for the warning ?

2 hours ago, mrowrpurr said:

If it's important for folks on LE, I'll try it out locally and upload a LE version if I can make it work OK. I just downloaded a copy of Skyrim LE and the LE Creation Kit!

Sure it is, especially in the Skyrim LE section. ?‍♂️

I would grab a LE version for the next big mod setup ?

Looks like a great idea but I'm getting an issue where city guards are now immediately hostile if a child is hidden.  I've tried both the hiding version and the chicken version (with all the different options on the chicken version) and whatever I do I can't show my face in civilization anymore without the local police force hacking me to death.  It doesn't happen if I disable this mod so I'm pretty sure it's this that's causing it (either directly or due to some weird incompatibility with another mod), it's a shame because the only other simple mod I've seen that was supposed to do this never worked either.

20 hours ago, Chunk McBeefsteak said:

I'm getting an issue where city guards are now immediately hostile if a child is hidden.

Thanks for the bug report! I just had a similar report and was just able to reproduce it in Solitude.

Fixed!

- I forgot to use "No Hit Event" with the cloak effect that's used to replace the kids. Uploaded a new v1.2.1 for both SE and LE with this fix

In my previous playthrough I had no issues with local guards, but I did notice that some default spawns, especially vigilants of Stendarr, the harassing Redguards and the drunk revelers had aggression issues with everybody. No idea if it is/was related to this great mod, but it was kinda funny. Not very practical/realistic though, as my PC was a vigilant as well.