The Nightengale

The Nightengale - A short noir story (16:29).
(updated archive for use with "OM's Universal SFX Library", plus some minor updates/improvements - Sept 1, 2022)

The story of a young singer who gets in trouble with the law trying to earn money for her big Hollywood debut. VX ONLY.

Select your favorite models for use in the movie. Hook 5 free or above highly recommended.

Like all my sequences, this is another audio experiment. This sequence uses my custom Sound Effects library for all music & effects. (Big thanks to ITIB for his great work redeveloping the project.)

This sequence has been a labor of love for the past 6 weeks and nearly died on the vine until ITIB successfully completed the ability to add custom sound effects to VX, working some of the kinks out that I previously ran into.

Full installation instructions included. PLEASE READ.

Download from Mega. (53.4MB)

preview.png

Edited by OysterMug
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I can't believe that I missed this!

I downloaded your sequence and must say that I loved the music. It created a "mood" that was consistent with the ambiance that you were trying to convey.

It did indeed draw me into the story.

I think that we should experiment with the "no speech bubble"  mod that is available to try and sync vocal sound bites to the timeline. That would greatly increase the immersion of the sequence by adding audible dialog in my opinion.

Thank you for this sequence and hope that more people will give it a go.

Awesome work!

Edited by ITIB