Questions about editing Sexbound

I'm new to modding Starbound and never posted on here before lol. I woulda joined a Discord server or something to ask this but I couldn't find anything sooo

On changing the config files for Sexbound's pregnancy, even after reading around on the info about the mod I could find, I'm still unsure how to even edit the mod files. Also, if I replace the mod files with the edited ones, will it cause issues on existing saves? And I'm playing with friends, so I'm assuming they'd have to replace their files as well?

Edited by Quivan
4 minutes ago, Quivan said:

I'm new to modding Starbound and never posted on here before lol. I woulda joined a Discord server or something to ask this but I couldn't find anything sooo

On changing the config files for Sexbound's pregnancy, even after reading around on the info about the mod I could find, I'm still unsure how to even edit the mod files. Also, if I replace the mod files with the edited ones, will it cause issues on existing saves? And I'm playing with friends, so I'm assuming they'd have to replace their files as well?

Well, if you're not already part of the "Starbound Club", then i'd recommend taking a look at this;

That written/said, to your other questions, no, it should not cause issues with existing saves unless you edited something very crucial. As for the next question, the host's config is always the one used for matters like pregnancy and fertility, but otherwise, it's best to have both sides with the same configs. Just to make sure you don't run into discrepancies.

11 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, if you're not already part of the "Starbound Club", then i'd recommend taking a look at this;

That written/said, to your other questions, no, it should not cause issues with existing saves unless you edited something very crucial. As for the next question, the host's config is always the one used for matters like pregnancy and fertility, but otherwise, it's best to have both sides with the same configs. Just to make sure you don't run into discrepancies.

Okay so I've done everything, thanks for your help! One last question, though. I'm changing to using in-game world time for pregnancies. My default is 3 trimesters, each lasting 2-3 days. So... does this go by the time of the current planet? Does it run off a hidden persistent timer? There should be a wiki for this stuff lol