[mod]Colorful Galaxy(!多彩银河)

15 hours ago, MLP Squidward said:

Well, a lot of your leaders do get random event where they're r-word. You can pass a law in the galactic community so that the entire galaxy go and r-word the modded race. You can go to war and commit shit ton of r-word there with all the events. No death though, at least I didnt find any.

I'm fine with that. That's what I'm expecting. But it's just that some people are saying that there's also snuff/guro in his mod.

3 hours ago, Megumin. said:

I'm fine with that. That's what I'm expecting. But it's just that some people are saying that there's also snuff/guro in his mod.

There is.  A lot of it.  

I was cautiously interested in this mod when it was initially posted here, and started working on some translations for the localisation files, but the amount of snuff and guro content had me cease that work very quickly.  One or two events would have displeased me, but I would have ignored it, but it just kept coming.  So I stopped. 

4 hours ago, schroecat said:

There is.  A lot of it.  

I was cautiously interested in this mod when it was initially posted here, and started working on some translations for the localisation files, but the amount of snuff and guro content had me cease that work very quickly.  One or two events would have displeased me, but I would have ignored it, but it just kept coming.  So I stopped. 

Yeah, some events indeed have grim description, but at least its not graphic, as far i can seen when was playing.
Curious, is here new version or something? Didnt see any links in latests posts.

On 7/18/2023 at 10:01 PM, schroecat said:

There is.  A lot of it.  

No wonder nobody wants to translate this mod...

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2023 at 7:11 AM, xaina222 said:

Whats the Leviathan affection and number of seeds do exactly ? Will it just turn hostile if It reaches 0 ?

the affection will unlock the feautres where you can summon the leviathan fleet(the final reward)  and also with some short story when you reach every checkpoint.

• 2 months later...

This mod is amazing and horrible at the same time! I've been trying many times for countles dozens of hours to play through it and it's a mess. Machine translated nearly EVERYTHING makes you just want to check out pretty picture and skip all that word vomit that is spammed at you in this mod's events. If you play with this mod's species (that don't even use normal and, consequently, LV traits) you can expect to get some ridiculous tech wth wich you can pretty much roll everyone, even Gigastructural Engeneering empires like Aeternum. At least on Ensign difficulty (without accepting in-mod bonus at the start). And all of it could be "fine" if not for the end of the most... "interesting" event chain that makes your species "abyssal succubi" and turns EVERYONE against you. And OK, you can fight them all off despite ENORMOUS lag throught mid- end-game. Come out victorious in the end and thinking to yourself that nothing can stop you now but NOPE! This mod will fuck you up with a fleet of around 70M, kill off your newly acquired super-rich and productive system and that's it. No matter how many ships or defensive platforms you've prepared! I've tried it once, (had a 22M fleet fuck me over but still), tried it twice, this was the third time and nothing.

It could be amazing if it was actually balanced and translated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a full Mod list with Load order, for all files needed for it and other mods compatible with it for max content?

would love to play this, or at least take a look at it but its a bit convuluted for me.

On 4/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, EdwardEl said:

haha thankfully I expected this might happen since the mod author has mentioned a few times that steam constantly tries to remove his mod

I did manually save a backup of the whole mod

https://mega.nz/file/tLxyCRqI#PA1OiAlXAwTQcmgvhIiaE0hl6Tgku8ukWyAUYSozjJc

I tried to use the backup you uploaded here, but the game crashed when loading after creating an empire. Are you able to upload a new copy, if you still have it?

Looking at the logs, there were a lot of script errors where the AI tried to build stuff and failed.

6 hours ago, ZashaFallen said:

I tried to use the backup you uploaded here, but the game crashed when loading after creating an empire. Are you able to upload a new copy, if you still have it?

Looking at the logs, there were a lot of script errors where the AI tried to build stuff and failed.

Do you have other mods installed or are you just playing it this? Cause I just downloaded it and have been playing for a bit without any problem and I'm only playing with this + UI mods, so it could be a mod conflict causing the crash if you're playing with other mods. If not then some more information is probably needed as that seems like a problem on your end and not with the provided back up itself.

14 hours ago, Persson said:

Do you have other mods installed or are you just playing it this? Cause I just downloaded it and have been playing for a bit without any problem and I'm only playing with this + UI mods, so it could be a mod conflict causing the crash if you're playing with other mods. If not then some more information is probably needed as that seems like a problem on your end and not with the provided back up itself.

It was with just the mod backup and UI Overhaul Dynamic. I was able to get it running with the steam version.

Worth pointing out, the resource pack is still around, it's just the link in the OP that's dead. If you go to the Steam page for the main mod, there will be a working link to the latest update of the resource pack there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 7:19 PM, Linkstore said:

Double post but there's a native english translation now so you don't have to fuck around with the localisation files. It's MTL but seems functional enough.

I've been hesitant to try it again after the intial translation 2 years ago, where did you find the english translation?

18 hours ago, MLP Squidward said:

I've been hesitant to try it again after the intial translation 2 years ago, where did you find the english translation?

It's a native English translation, which is to say, the translation comes with the base mod. No need to install an extra mod (other than the data package, which is linked on the base mod's page).