Request/Idea: Chaurus Trainer

Not sure if a mod like this exists. I have not explored the Loverslab portion of insect mods, as I would like to retain my sanity/purity to some degree. I'm looking for a mod that would allow you to raise, tame, and train Chaurus as "followers" or "pets". Ideally this mod would not be so NSFL/NSFW focused. But understandable if that is the only thing that exists. I just want to create an army of Chaurus that would have gameplay system behind it to raise them and train them and potentially control them. Breeding would be less important to me for the above reasons, but also acceptable.

Does something like this exist already? 

P.S: No shade towards those who enjoy those types of NSFW insect mods. Different strokes for different folks. Just not for me.

29 minutes ago, Nohrin said:

Not sure if a mod like this exists. I have not explored the Loverslab portion of insect mods, as I would like to retain my sanity/purity to some degree. I'm looking for a mod that would allow you to raise, tame, and train Chaurus as "followers" or "pets". Ideally this mod would not be so NSFL/NSFW focused. But understandable if that is the only thing that exists. I just want to create an army of Chaurus that would have gameplay system behind it to raise them and train them and potentially control them. Breeding would be less important to me for the above reasons, but also acceptable.

Does something like this exist already? 

P.S: No shade towards those who enjoy those types of NSFW insect mods. Different strokes for different folks. Just not for me.

On behalf of those who make NSFW insect mods, no shade received, got it. ;)

In the most basic sense, (chaurus as follower, pet stuff as headcanon), either Untamed or My Home Is Your Home (abbreviated MHIYH; recommend v 4.3 if you can get it) can provide that.  In both cases, you find a chaurus, activate the mod and have a follower.  MHIYH does this with a push of a button (no gameplay associated), Untamed has some gameplay, but I'm not sure if it can be done SFW.

The "animal as pet" thing is usually done either with a customized pet (so not general use, there's only the one), or by nabbing an existing creature.  This gets tricky because of factions, and you typically either end up with a fully socialized chaurus following you that guards and civilians won't bat an eyelid at (a bit immersion-breaking for me), or a deathmonster that follows you around trying to kill everything.

MHIYH offers the option to do either one, though with the deathmonster thing, sometimes they're permanently hostile, even to you, so you usually have to go the "everyone is friendly route".

Sadly, animal taming is rather complex to do with the boolean nature of Skyrim's behavioral states.  The end results are not (for me) very satisfying.

Edited by Seijin8