Animation downloading

Hi all I am new here so please be patient if my question is silly :)

I just downloaded my first animation set (Mike23 if the animator if I am correct) and I think it's really amazing, I was getting tired of just the reverse cowgirl of the base WW mod. So, I see there are many other animation sets... if I want to check those out, do I remove the animations I added already, or do I just throw new animations in with previous ones?

I would like to try out, tailor my animations to create a sexual world in my sims games. I just don't know best practices and don't want to mess my game up. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, dogwin said:

Thank you! So basically, if I pile all the animations in one folder... it will randomly cycle through the large number of options?

You can let your sims decide what they do, but you can also choose what animations you want to see. All the animations you download will be available, depending on the sex locations and what sims are involved.

You can manually choose animations. I happen to have made these GIFs to show how for another user in another thread.

ca20b6260723dfe008d35f186ca38148.gif

a75554a4bdc9ef2bee1443ef8450f844.gif

I have more than 8500 different animations in my game, and they are all availible here on LL for free, so there is a lot to choose from. You don't have to use the "Have sex" interaction and let the sims choose themselves, you can arrange the where and how by clicking objects and manually choosing the animations, and clicking the sims to change animations.

If you want super-strict control, like me, you can ever require confirmation from the game to move to another animation category (useful for avoidig pregnancies when an animation series suddenly switches to vaginal!) and disallow random entirely, so only specifically marked series will run in succesion, and turn off automatic undressing. As you might notice in the gif my sims don't strip on their own accord, I have to manually choose which pieces of clothing they will take off.

A tip is to click "Follow" on the animaton files, to alert you to when they are updated, and keep a seperate folder just for animations. I just called mine "WWExtras". It is currently 171 files and just over 1.7 Gb large...

Thank you so much for that helpful info. I have a question, I notice on the Mike23 animations I am currently using, that they run in sequence. When I disable a particular animation, does it disable the entire sequence or just that particular part... and if just that part, does that mean you get a shorter sex sequence due to removing part of it?

Also, I assume there is a way to re-able animations that you've disabled?

I am impressed you can have that fine a control over these this is a fabulous mod. 

Thanks!

Edited by dogwin
9 hours ago, dogwin said:

Thank you so much for that helpful info. I have a question, I notice on the Mike23 animations I am currently using, that they run in sequence. When I disable a particular animation, does it disable the entire sequence or just that particular part... and if just that part, does that mean you get a shorter sex sequence due to removing part of it?

Also, I assume there is a way to re-able animations that you've disabled?

I am impressed you can have that fine a control over these this is a fabulous mod. 

Thanks!

sequence are starting to become useless anyway because you can create your own sequence using animations you want from every creators. So you can mix an animation from Mike24 with for example an animation from Golden88.

You can enable/disable them whenever you want, if you remove an animation from a specific sequence the sequence will be played without the one you removed, not the others. The best is just to test such things in the game and you will see.

Edited by Khlas
6 hours ago, Khlas said:

sequence are starting to become useless anyway because you can create your own sequence using animations you want from every creators. So you can mix an animation from Mike24 with for example an animation from Golden88.

I wouldn't say "useless", like I said above, 8500 animations to sort through... Having finished sequential animations that play in order makes it a lot easier to manage, and since they are made to fit togheter it tends to look a lot better too, especially when the animator have gone the extra mile and made transitional animations.

11 minutes ago, Kashked said:

I wouldn't say "useless", like I said above, 8500 animations to sort through... Having finished sequential animations that play in order makes it a lot easier to manage, and since they are made to fit togheter it tends to look a lot better too, especially when the animator have gone the extra mile and made transitional animations.

transitional animations when they are as separate animations looks terrible with wickedwhims, but it's just my opinion, even if I could argue as a fact since wickedwhims is not built for short transition animation or animations that are cut in-between, there's going to have a lack of smoothness that is just not right to me.

You don't have 8000 animations to sort since sequence are tied to a specific location, and it's not really hard to set. To me it's not necessary at all even tho I still do sequence stuff myself (but it's more because of the niche im working with that make it necessary in this particular case). And the fact that there's a lot of animations around make it even more not as necessary as before.

Edited by Khlas