Default sims only CC?

2 hours ago, digomiru said:

Right now my only solution is just downloading CC sims, but I was wondering if there was a way to mass convert all sims to use CC content, mainly skins

The problem with using downloaded custom sims is you will end up having duplicates of CC Makeup, Clothing, Hairstyles, etc.

Some also include other parts of outdated mods like Wicked Whims, etc.

You have to go through their included Mods/CC and put them in folders named Makeup, Clothing, Hairstyles, etc.

These new folders should be in your Mods folder.

Now everything that you've downloaded can be moved into the proper folder categories so you don't get duplicate CC.

Beware as some of that included content might contain Defaults and it's better not to have any hiding in your Makeup folders for example.

Make a new folder named Skins so anything you have is easier to find.

If you decide to use Skin Overlays instead just make a new folder with that name.

I prefer Skin Overlays myself as they cause less problems overwriting Sims Details and Makeup.

(This is a common problem with regular Skins and Default Skins and they also get broken with certain game patches)

You can download and use a default Skin but you can only use one for females and one for males.

All sims in game will use the same skins. 

Any Non-default CC Skins or Overlays you have will be replaced by the new defaults. 

I am using for that purpose my directory manager to check for any doubles.

So far i only found one creator that does not toss everything in one directory. 

Anyhow, i advise against using any mod from a archive like WW. 

Plus, i avoid any merged files i see. They only cause problems in my opinion.

Scorpio is absolutely correct to make folders. A little organization goes a long way in modding. :)

On 9/10/2021 at 1:10 PM, digomiru said:

Right now my only solution is just downloading CC sims, but I was wondering if there was a way to mass convert all sims to use CC content, mainly skins

You could start by using default replacement cc. It will overwrite EA skin, teeth, eyes or whatever default replacement you add. All sims in the world will use those cc replacements without you doing anything. Take in mind that you can only use ONE default replacement for each category. 

Then you could try this mod: No Maxis Clothing, Accessories, Skin Details & Makeup | simsmodelsimmer on Patreon

It will make all random sims using exclusively custom content and no EA content. It is not a massive conversion but it might help.