Admin Question - Hide/ignore User Button in Downloads

I'm wondering if its possible to have a hide/ignore button in the downloads section ? I've reported a serial bumper/spammer many times but still I see the same Eliza Pancakes, and others, still scrolling through time and time again, no updates, with no action taken. A way to NOT see these would be great, don't know how others feel ?

On 9/10/2021 at 10:22 AM, ChinaTam said:

I'm wondering if its possible to have a hide/ignore button in the downloads section ? I've reported a serial bumper/spammer many times but still I see the same Eliza Pancakes, and others, still scrolling through time and time again, no updates, with no action taken. A way to NOT see these would be great, don't know how others feel ?

That would be great, together with an option to ignore post opened by certain users. Just "ignore user" where you do not see anything written by users you choose to ignore. 

I get tired of "ignoring" post after post, when "ignore user" would be much better and straightforward. 

Edited by babuchas
4 hours ago, babuchas said:

That would be great, together with an option to ignore post opened by certain users. Just "ignore user" where you do not see anything written by users you choose to ignore. 

I get tired of "ignoring" post after post, when "ignore user" would be much better and straightforward. 

If this could be implemented that would be fantastic 

19 hours ago, babuchas said:

This functionality is already in place.

Just hover over the username on the post until their Profile window opens up.

At the bottom of that window you'll see a button "Ignore".

That will then take you to your ignore preferences with that person's username autofilled.

You can then specify what kind of content you want to ignore (just put a checkmark in all of them).

Click Update Preferences and you're done.

It doesn't solve the problem of seeing their created post titles but it does block all of their activity.

Edited by BatDood
4 hours ago, BatDood said:

This functionality is already in place.

Just hover over the username on the post until their Profile window opens up.

At the bottom of that window you'll see a button "Ignore".

That will then take you to your ignore preferences with that person's username autofilled.

You can then specify what kind of content you want to ignore (just put a checkmark in all of them).

Click Update Preferences and you're done.

It doesn't solve the problem of seeing their created post titles but it does block all of their activity.

Oh wow thank you, it is odd that the ignore option does not show up when you go to users profile, and instead its only visible when hovering over user name. Thats why i could not see it before. In any case i have tried it but i still see, like you say, the posts, and they are marked as "unread", so i see that there is new activity even when i am not interested at all, spamming the forum. But its better than nothing, thanks ?. I still think anyway that it would be great if we could simply ignore any thread opened by certain users, so you simply do not see it. Otherwise since most spammers open new threads quite often and/or do empy updates all the time you get that spam even if you choose ignore user with the actual functionality. What i would like is to get the same result we get when ignoring a thread: It is no longer visible, and you do not see any updates on it. 

Edited by babuchas
On 9/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, babuchas said:

What i would like is to get the same result we get when ignoring a thread: It is no longer visible, and you do not see any updates on it. 

This is exactly what I meant. Be great not to see the same old bumpers/spammers again as any other solution has been ignored. Sadly none of the Admins have replied :(