Using 3BA and BHUNP? Physics conflicts?

From my understanding these can be used together. I'd like to use BHUNP on Charmers of the reach so it's player only, already running a pretty heavily based 3BA LO but I figured I can just download BHUNP outfits and use add item menu to save space. Question, the 3bbb CBPC and HDT files conflict, should I load 3BBB or BHUNP last in my MO2 window? Or is there not much of a conflict, a way to merge the files?

Dunno about using any body mod with Charmers of the Reach. (not to say it can be, but I just haven't used CoTR).

I can tell you however, that in normal play (with "regular" characters), CBBE-3BBB and BHUNP work fine in the same game. I've had both operating side by side for well over a year now. I use CBBE-3BBB for myself (my female player character game vector) and most female NPCs, and BHUNP with a handful  of converted UNP >> BHUNP followers. In fact, on one vector I have my CBBE-3BBB player wrapped in a BHUNP body via CCA (Copy Character Appearance)

In order to make it work for my primarily CBBE-3BBB game, I installed BHUNP first, then CBBE-3BBB, then I made sure in Vortex  "mod rules" that CBBE-3BBB loads last (just as a final check/verification).

Note the third entry in the load rules

Spoiler

BHUNP_mod_rules.jpg.b6f393b86d239ca1133daa4ea64fbe88.jpg

CBBE-3BBB_mod_rules-vortex.jpg.8c88c320851609473b52647eb46a9211.jpg

Then and only then, built my player body in Bodyslide.

Finally, in game, I made sure that the two MCMs were set to use different hotkeys for each action, that means ten (10) hotkeys used between CBBE-3BBB and BHUNP  (1 player, 4 NPC... for each physics model)

This will leave you with Bodyslide working correctly for CBBE-3BBB  so you can do work on your player (presuming CBBE-3BBB), but when futzing with BHUNP, you'll get the hip stirpes and misplaced nipples during BHUNP Bodyslide work.  (and BHUNP characters have to have their own custom UNP-family textures).

If your player was BHUNP and CBBE-3BBB was installed as a secondary model, you'd want to reverse the order of installation. CBBE-3BBB install first, then BHUNP, as well as making sure load order reflects that swap of role, so Bodyslide draws on the correct texture for your player's active body physics model (CBBE-family textture for CBBE-3BBB primary, or UNP-family texture if BHUNP is the player's body physics model)

Edited by anjenthedog
added snaps

Be aware that when working on BHUNP bodies in Bodyslide (when CBBE-3BBB is the dominant, ie player body, that the BHUNP bodies will 

a) not look right, because they'll be wrapped in a CBBE-family texture. Nipple will be displaced and a stripe will appear in the hip area.

b) output for such work (ie, on a COTR follower) needs to be directed to some dummy folder (see Advanced Settings >> Output Path)

c) after ensuring you've backed up your original meshes, you'll drop the meshes (the ones you built and directed to a dummy folder) into the follower's meshes folder

d) IFF (if and only if)  they came with a "custom" skeleton (ie, there's a skeleton in their custom meshes folder), that will need to replaced by a copy of the XPMSSE skeleton in order to work properly with the BHUNP physics

e) you'll need to update their textures to include all the BHUNP elements. I don't think static UNP textures work fully for BHUNP meshes, but I could be wrong. One way to get appropriate skins is to download BHUNP or UUNP custom followers with complete custom textures appropriate to BHUNP and borrow the body, hands and feet from their textures folder. 

Edited by anjenthedog
20 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Be aware that when working on BHUNP bodies in Bodyslide (when CBBE-3BBB is the dominant, ie player body, that the BHUNP bodies will 

a) not look right, because they'll be wrapped in a CBBE-family texture. Nipple will be displaced and a stripe will appear in the hip area.

b) output for such work (ie, on a COTR follower) needs to be directed to some dummy folder (see Advanced Settings >> Output Path)

c) after ensuring you've backed up your original meshes, you'll drop the meshes (the ones you built and directed to a dummy folder) into the follower's meshes folder

d) IFF (if and only if)  they came with a "custom" skeleton (ie, there's a skeleton in their custom meshes folder), that will need to replaced by a copy of the XPMSSE skeleton in order to work properly with the BHUNP physics

e) you'll need to update their textures to include all the BHUNP elements. I don't think static UNP textures work fully for BHUNP meshes, but I could be wrong. One way to get appropriate skins is to download BHUNP or UUNP custom followers with complete custom textures appropriate to BHUNP and borrow the body, hands and feet from their textures folder. 

Yup, basically what I did was followed your previous instructions. Fortunately all my 3BA stuff was already built and ready to go. Installed BHUNP on top of it, build the bodies for CoTR & the BHUNP body/Physics to zeroed because I'm using Obody. Since CoTR is a player/follower only race it works like a charm so far even when 3BBB loads last. Only thing is switching the bodies around disabling/enabling them when I build new bodies/outfits in bodyslide. Downloaded a texture set for CoTR BHUNP so I'm all set. The other thing is that Obody only works for the body loaded last but 3BBB and BHUNP can be switched at any time. So I can apply a preset to my CoTR player character then exit the game switch LO of 3BBB and BHUNP and reload apply a 3BA preset to npc. I'm assuming other mods that rely on the advanced bodies might do this as well? like FG/OSA/SL mods. 'Course there are alignment tools. Not sure but I'm definitely going to do some crash testing. Already figured the custom skeleton thing out when I was using a different custom race mod, can't remember which. I use MO2 so it's pretty easy to make custom "mods" that are just mesh/texture replacers. 

*Update* Obody only works on one body and doesn't retain presets applied when switching but reverts back to zeroed sliders. That's fine though I'm going to use obody with 3BA then use my favorite BHUNP presets or in game sliders to customize my followers. I'm using proteus to make CoTR followers. I suppose there is also other options that could possibly provide more functionality, gonna do more testing.

Edited by Ends_and_Memes