WW opened but sims won’t open

4 hours ago, Husk said:

I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

What are you trying to do exactly?

What are these folders - sims4open?

It's a good idea not to ever take pictures of your screen with your phone, but instead use the built in screenshot function, which not only makes the files more readable but also more manageable.

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

I basically was trying to unzip the sims4 folder me transferring to an open folder but not all files would move over… should I factory reset my computer and just not do WW?? Before ww the sims game opened smoothly

2 hours ago, cleoasena said:

I basically was trying to unzip the sims4 folder me transferring to an open folder but not all files would move over… should I factory reset my computer and just not do WW?? Before ww the sims game opened smoothly

Why is your Sims 4 folder zipped in the first place?

7 hours ago, Husk said:

I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

What are you trying to do exactly?

What are these folders - sims4open?

It's a good idea not to ever take pictures of your screen with your phone, but instead use the built in screenshot function, which not only makes the files more readable but also more manageable.

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

good guide. Personally i recommend Greenshot for more convenience. 

I am not sure if the game is installed. This is so confusing.

No matter.

The actual game should not be touched. No need.

You are just working in the Documents folder where your mods residing.

Here is an example how i have it. 
Main mods in root of mod folder. CC in a folder of your liking, i called mine character items.

Just make sure to have no duplicates.

If you can, get a code from Origin so you get the up-2-date game on your computer and do not have to worry how to install.

Here is an example how your mod folder could look like.1232542453_2021-09-0413_52_08-TotalCommander(x64)10.00-NOTREGISTERED.jpg.82bf1cf0eafb808d4d2e7d913eedbe22.jpg

Edited by wutpickel
3 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I am not sure if the game is installed. This is so confusing.

No matter.

The actual game should not be touched. No need.

You are just working in the Documents folder where your mods residing.

Here is an example how i have it. 
Main mods in root of mod folder. CC in a folder of your liking, i called mine character items.

Just make sure to have no duplicates.

If you can, get a code from Origin so you get the up-2-date game on your computer and do not have to worry how to install.

Here is an example how your mod folder could look like.1232542453_2021-09-0413_52_08-TotalCommander(x64)10.00-NOTREGISTERED.jpg.82bf1cf0eafb808d4d2e7d913eedbe22.jpg

Thank you for this guide.. before I saw this I factory reset my computer and now origins won’t download. A couple files are missing it says so I’m confused.. I’m also windows 10 any suggestions?

2 hours ago, cleoasena said:

Thank you for this guide.. before I saw this I factory reset my computer and now origins won’t download. A couple files are missing it says so I’m confused.. I’m also windows 10 any suggestions?

Well, this is the official link. That should work.

Download Origin Client for PC or Mac | Origin

If you are on Steam, it will be automatically installed.

This may be helpful as well.

Origin - How to download, install, and update Origin (ea.com)

Just follow the requirements that you need to have in order to install it.