Sometimes the game starts... sometimes it doesn't

Presto

Not really sure why but sometimes I'll click my OBSE link to the game when I have OBMM running and the game will start up no problem. Then I'll quit out of the game to go and look up some info on a mod I'm running and when I clikc the OBSE link again the game doesn't load. No changes, just doesn't work. And yes I'm running both as an administrator.

When you say the link are you talking about the "launch" button in OBMM?

No, the actually obse link I have on my desktop. I usually remedy the issue by closing and reopening OBMM but I'm still up in the air about why it happens. I also noticed that from time to time my newly added mods won't take effect until I enter/exit the game a few times.

ie I just downloaded Valus Valorium and it didn't show up in the game until I started and quit the game a few times even though I didn't move, click/unclick, or update anything in OBMM. Its like starting a lawnmower, it never goes on the first try.

I don't know how different it is for retail versions of Oblivion, but on Steam it's as easy as right-clicking on the Steam application from the taskbar and clicking on "Oblivion" to launch the game. I already have Pluggy, OBMM, OBSE, and a couple of other things installed properly so all the mods get implemented into the game even if I launch the game directly from Steam.

That said, I would expect that you can consistently launch the game directly from its main shortcut as opposed to launching it from OBMM.

Since I run game companion I just launch from OBMM. Yea, I could put a short cut for game companion and just launch from there but I am always adding/removing mods so I just stick with launching from OBMM. That way I can quickly scan to make sure I have enabled what I want. :)

There is no "one" way to do it....completely user preference. :)

That said...having OBMM open and running an OBSE short cut is asking for trouble. If you don't make frequent adjustments to your load order and prefer to launch with OBSE then leave OBMM closed until you want/need to add/remove stuff or adjust your load order.

Archived