Random crashes during gameplay

I'm having some issues with my Oblivion install crashing to desktop at random times, though it consistently seems to happen after travelling long distances (Chestnut Handy Stables to Bravil for example) It happens more often when I try to go through a door, a little less often mid-travel. I was hoping someone here would know what's going on and be able to help me fix the problem so I can have a more stable experience. Attached are my MO2 modlist and plugin text files in case it's a load order issue.

modlist.txt plugins.txt

-- U use some mods that change games texture sometimes any of them can cause crash ... First u need to make sure that u install your mod through Oblivion mod manager even the replace mod that have NO ESP  and use Archive Invalidation -- BSA Alteration -- mark all file type box -- update now  , if u still crash u need to un active those mods and test them one by one in game to see which one cause this.

-- Oblivion likes to reset view distance options every time it launches. . . that sometime cause crash when go through door or new area so try turning your actor fade to max in the in-game options .. 

-- Any running script sometimes cause crash when travel ( for example many sex action in place and u travel U crash )

-- Of course  any low performance PC will crash a lot with heavy texture & animations.

I hope this help a little  Until more experience member here Replay.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:53 PM, GoldenDragon said:

I'm having some issues with my Oblivion install crashing to desktop at random times, though it consistently seems to happen after travelling long distances (Chestnut Handy Stables to Bravil for example) It happens more often when I try to go through a door, a little less often mid-travel. I was hoping someone here would know what's going on and be able to help me fix the problem so I can have a more stable experience. Attached are my MO2 modlist and plugin text files in case it's a load order issue.

modlist.txt 3.3 kB · 2 downloads plugins.txt 2.28 kB · 3 downloads

You have two skeleton mods installed. The one that comes with LAPF is ideal, but I don't see any LAPF mods in your lists. If you ever use LAPF, get rid of Universal and Coronerras skeletons. Your crashes might be from corrupt spawn points. Wait/sleep about 4 days in some interior cell somewhere, to make sure the spawn points get reset. Another possibility is incorrect/unstable RAEWD/lod settings.  Mod Organizer is quite fine for Oblivion. If you want proper BSA redirection, you can always use SkyBSA at Nexusmods.