Different behavior with Wicked Whims Body Selector Top - Unsure what kind of issue it is

Recently I added simdulgence body tops to my game. They show up under the WW body selector for body tops, and so I went into my save and would click on sims while they were on their swimwear outfit and select body tops for them as I played. I could always see the body top while the sims were on their swimwear or sleepwear (as long as they didn't have an outfit top)  as well as when fully naked.

However, to test something else, I made a new save file, and noticed that there the body tops were only showing when the sim is fully naked. If the swimwear was only a bottom (no shirt) it would still just show the maxis default body top rather than the one I selected on WW body selector.

Then I went to my original save and created a new Sim only to find out this happens to new sims in my original save as well!

On my new save and on new sims in the old save, under Wicked Whims -> Actions -> Instant Undress there's an "Undress Top" interaction even though the sims are in their swimwear where they're only wearing pants. If I click on that interaction, suddenly the body top I had selected becomes visible. Almost as if they were wearing the default maxis top as a "shirt" on top of the one I selected on the body selector.

On my original save, Sims I had already created that were working fine do not have an "Undress Top" interaction while they're wearing swimwear without a shirt and so the selected CC body shows automatically when they switch to swimwear. I assume this is the normal behavior?

I tested this on a new save with only wicked whims and sindulgence's SimpleChest body top and I still got the bad behavior. Is that supposed to be the normal behavior?

That is, if a Sim switches to an outfit that only has a bottom (no shirt), I still don't see the body top I selected with wicked whims, I have to use Wicked Whims -> Actions -> Instant Undress -> "Undress Top" to see the body top I selected.

This wasn't the behavior I was getting with Sims in my original save. In my original save Sims  would automatically show the selected body top when switching to swimwear or any outfit category where they were shirtless.

I'm confused what the normal behavior is supposed to be!

35 minutes ago, friedpotato1337 said:

I'm confused what the normal behavior is supposed to be!

That command you are using was meant for when sims are having sex only IMO.

Instead use the Wicked > Naturism > Undress Top/Bottom

This should show the proper Nude Top you just changed.

While they are still Topless use the WW Body Selector on the sim and you will see them change when finished.

There are 2 different Hidden Nude Bodies in game.

One for Bathing and one for Sex.

I understand what you're saying, but in my original save I didn't have to use any undress top command at all. When my Sim would change to his shirtless swimwear, he'd automatically show the selected top from the WW Body Selector. I assumed this was the normal behavior.

What's happening now in clean saves / no other mods installed / the original save with new sims is that when a sim would change to a shirtless swimwear, they'd be "wearing" the maxis default top, rather than the one that's selected for that Sim using the WW Body Selector.

Here are the two scenarios I've experienced both with a Sim whose Swimwear includes a bottom (pants) but no top (shirt):

1. Click on the water in sulani and "Swim here"; the Sim automatically changes to Swimwear, wearing the swimming bottom, and showing the correct top from WW Body Selector.

2. Click on the water in Sulani and "Swim here"; the Sim automatically changes to Swimwear, but he is showing the maxis top. If I then click on this Sim and Undress Top, only then can I see the correct top from the Body Selector. This behavior is immersion breaking.

I had assumed the correct behavior was #1, that the Body Selector top would always display whenever the Sim was not wearing a shirt.

2 hours ago, friedpotato1337 said:

What's happening now in clean saves / no other mods installed / the original save with new sims is that when a sim would change to a shirtless swimwear, they'd be "wearing" the maxis default top, rather than the one that's selected for that Sim using the WW Body Selector.

What this usually means is you don't have a CC Nude Body installed if you don't see the Nipples.

Or

Do you mean that sim switches to a EA default Bra or Swim Top instead of Maxis Nude Barbie top?

Try this:

Install WW + Animations only.

Add Wild Guys Female Body Details CC

These details are applied in CAS > Head > Details, (but it does include a nude body anyway).

Has different size nipples and pubic hair but you need to disable Pubic Hair Growth in WW Nudity Settings.

(It must load before WW)

Delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder whenever you add, remove, or update mods or game.

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

What this usually means is you don't have a CC Nude Body installed if you don't see the Nipples.

Or

Do you mean that sim switches to a EA default Bra or Swim Top instead of Maxis Nude Barbie top?

The Sim switches to the maxis nude barbie top, BUT if I click on them and click on Undress Top, the barbie top gets replaced with the CC nude body (simdulegence simplechests) that I have installed and selected for that sim on WW Body Selector.

The CC nude body displays when I use WW interactions to get the Sim naked, it does NOT show when the Sim changes to a topless outfit category (the barbie top shows instead).

38 minutes ago, friedpotato1337 said:

top gets replaced with the CC nude body (simdulegence simplechests)

I don't use this one.

Have you tried selecting the Wicked Default Top in Body Selector to test instead?

I've never tried using the same method of making a sim get naked.

Only using WW Naturism to undress tops or bottoms and it applies the CC nude top.

But I've also never set a sim up in CAS with a nude swimwear top.

Once your sim has as high enough Naturism skill you can tell them to skinny dip.

I'll have to test this scenario and remove my female top in CAS for swimwear.

They happen to be living in Sulani ATM at the Old Shipwreck.

29 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

I'll have to test this scenario and remove my female top in CAS for swimwear.

They happen to be living in Sulani ATM at the Old Shipwreck.

Changed her Swim Top in CAS to Undressed.

Ordered to 'Swim Here'.

Then Swimming.

You might have too many default tops installed as you are only allowed one.

Any Default Skins might also cause it, and again only one is allowed.

This sim is using Wicked Default Top but I could also use CMARS(Default - Native) or Sopour's Allure in Body Selector.   

Swim Here.jpg

Swimming.jpg

@Scorpio thank you so much for your patience and help. Your description of how it behaves on your game clearly indicates that there's a problem in my setup. So I decided to try without any mods except for WW on a new save and the issue went away and behaved the way it works for you. After a lot more testing, I finally found the core issue and why it only affected new sims created in my original save and not existing Sims:

Once I install the simdulgence simplechests into the game, Sims created from that point on will have this issue, existing Sims in that save will continue to work the correct way. I will try to contact simdulgence about it for further assistance. Thanks again!