Problem with Window Peeping Sims

Dear Turbodriver. your mod is great and it works like a charm but i have a little problem with the window peeping sims. first they worked just fine. the guy came to my window and was doing his thing. but after a while i saw him just walking around like every other normal sim. since this moment the window peeping stop working. i have tried to reset the sim, disable and enable the traits again but no luck so far. is there any way to reset the mod or i have bad luck ? thx for your time

Edit. i removed your mod and saved and then reinstalled it again. it works now again but now i have Tina as peeping sim and the old guy behave like a normal sims

Edited by BlackHeart-Miyo

Hey! Do you mean when the Sim spawns specifically for peeping? Because Tom and Tina can just spawn as random Sims walking by the neighborhood or performing other tasks, they live in the world.

When a Sim is meant to be peeping they will have a red text above their head indicating that when you hover over them. You're saying that Tom/Tina has that red text yet they aren't peeping?

17 hours ago, BlackHeart-Miyo said:

first they had this text but now it's gone. i don't know if this is normal but i never saw this in now 300 hours. that's why i was worried. if this is normal then sorry for bother you. keep up the good work

For the red text to disappear one of the two possible things happened. The peeping Sim could have been simply done and they were leaving home, eventually their peeping timer ends and they will just leave or if there's something happening in the region they might join that. The other possibility is that some other event/situation occurred, either initiated by the game or another mod, that overridden their peeping behavior. Once their peeping behavior is overridden, the red text disappears and they switch to the new behavior. I can't tell what happened without seeing it in the game but the second reason isn't intended yet can happen with forceful enough situations/mods.

5 hours ago, TURBODRIVER said:

For the red text to disappear one of the two possible things happened. The peeping Sim could have been simply done and they were leaving home, eventually their peeping timer ends and they will just leave or if there's something happening in the region they might join that. The other possibility is that some other event/situation occurred, either initiated by the game or another mod, that overridden their peeping behavior. Once their peeping behavior is overridden, the red text disappears and they switch to the new behavior. I can't tell what happened without seeing it in the game but the second reason isn't intended yet can happen with forceful enough situations/mods.

i have only your mod and the recommend mods from your page. animations etc. otherwise only clothing mods, makeup etc. it startet happend as the season switch from spring to summer. i have started a new game and this time everything is fine. i have no idea what causing it, but maybe your right. it could be a event from the game that has messed them up. i really thank you for your time

• 2 weeks later...

dear turbodriver, sry for bother you again. i would just let you know that i have tested a bit. i have two save files. one with tina as peeping sim and with tom. it seems that the problem i mentioned before seems only happend to tom. he was on my house the first time doing his things. but now the save is 20 hours old ( irl hours ) and he never came back. he is just walking around like you have said they do this. but a i think he is maybe a bit broken ?? don't get me wrong. i love your mod. but it seems strange to me that with tina is everything fine and tom is acting like this. i hope you can invenstigate a bit with this infos. my packs are seasons, cat & dogs. have a nice day

Edited by BlackHeart-Miyo
54 minutes ago, TURBODRIVER said:

There wouldn't be a difference between Tom and Tina, but I have noticed irregular behavior from peeping Sims where they walk from window to window more than actually look through them so I already planned to look into it and fix it.

That's good news.

I find that sometimes having more than one window to the same room seems to confuse them as they tend to walk back and forth between them.

Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree but it's something I noticed. 

5 hours ago, BatDood said:

That's good news.

I find that sometimes having more than one window to the same room seems to confuse them as they tend to walk back and forth between them.

Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree but it's something I noticed. 

They are trying to find the best angle...?

Anyway i didnt even know there was a "Tina" in the game, i only have seen Tom ?

9 minutes ago, babuchas said:

They are trying to find the best angle...?

Anyway i didnt even know there was a "Tina" in the game, i only have seen Tom ?

I think it's based on the gender preference of the sim(s) living in the household.

Since I always play as single sims with a preference for females, I always get Tina.

There's only one time when I saw Tom and that when I played a female sim with a preference for males.

If you're playing in a household with a few sims with varying gender preferences, chances are you'll get both Tina and Tom showing up.

That's been my experience with it anyway.