Adding collisions between HDT Tongues and SMP Vag

Alright, so I know I'm missing something very obvious here, because I know I've managed to do this correctly in the past when I was fixing SoS collisions with the 3BBA SMP vag. But for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong in trying to get the new HDT Tongues to be recognized by the defaultBBPs.xml file. It feels like it should be as simple as copying over the tongue's xml file into my 3BBB's hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder and adding a line in my defaultBBPs.xml like so:

<map shape="tong" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\tong.xml"/>

That's not a typo, btw. The xml file for the tongues is called "tong". I dunno if I'm just missing something obvious here, because it doesn't seem to work when I toggle over to CBCP either. I even tried messing with the tong.xml file to set all the collision flags differently (by default they were set to not collide with everything.)

tong.xml

It actually turned out to be a lot simpler than that. Turns out both me and the maker of the HDT tongues were probably working from the same base. An SMP version of the same tongues already exists, it just appears to have texture problems due to an overlapping mesh, but some quick Nifskope work solved that problem.

If anyone else comes across this post in their travels and wants to use the SMP tongues, here's what I did:

1. Open up the linga# nif in NifSkope

2. Right-click the "Tongue" NiNode (NOT the Tongue001 NiNode) and click Remove

3. Expand the Tongue001 NiNode and scroll down to Shader Property under Materia Data and click Apply

4. Select "BSLightingShaderProperty"

5. Click the textbar of "BSLightingShaderProperty" again

6. Enter the string number of whatever BSLightingShaderProperty your object uses way down at the bottom

7. Expand your BSShaderTextureSet and make sure your textures and pathed correctly, and save

8. Repeat for all other tongue models

9. When you're done, copy the tong.xml from this mod into wherever your body's hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs file is and past the xml file there

10. Open up whatever the equivalent of the defaultBBPs.xml file is (where you define what xml files the body reacts to) and set the correct path like I did above; you might not technically need to do this, but it's probably better to keep mods organized separately in case file paths break or whatever.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/15/2021 at 6:47 PM, whiskeyii said:

It actually turned out to be a lot simpler than that. Turns out both me and the maker of the HDT tongues were probably working from the same base. An SMP version of the same tongues already exists, it just appears to have texture problems due to an overlapping mesh, but some quick Nifskope work solved that problem.

If anyone else comes across this post in their travels and wants to use the SMP tongues, here's what I did:

1. Open up the linga# nif in NifSkope

2. Right-click the "Tongue" NiNode (NOT the Tongue001 NiNode) and click Remove

3. Expand the Tongue001 NiNode and scroll down to Shader Property under Materia Data and click Apply

4. Select "BSLightingShaderProperty"

5. Click the textbar of "BSLightingShaderProperty" again

6. Enter the string number of whatever BSLightingShaderProperty your object uses way down at the bottom

7. Expand your BSShaderTextureSet and make sure your textures and pathed correctly, and save

8. Repeat for all other tongue models

9. When you're done, copy the tong.xml from this mod into wherever your body's hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs file is and past the xml file there

10. Open up whatever the equivalent of the defaultBBPs.xml file is (where you define what xml files the body reacts to) and set the correct path like I did above; you might not technically need to do this, but it's probably better to keep mods organized separately in case file paths break or whatever.

Unless you have your Nifskope set up different so it's telling you more info, you might be missing a few stapes/names; however I solved it my own way. I just went into Nifscope and deleted "Tongue001". That was it. :)