Message problem with "Mannequin look like you"

According to translate, the message you are getting says something to the effect of

"You can only place clothes and armor on the dummy."

Unfortunately the MLLY (Mannequins Look Like You) mod was removed from the Nexus a few years ago according to my brief research, so we have no help posts to refer to.  So I'll just ask a bunch of potentially relevant questions.

What clothes did you put on the mannequin? 

Are they normal clothes, or do the clothes have some script attached to them? 

Are they enchanted? 

If they are enchanted, is it with a enchant from a mod or is it a vanilla enchant?

Have you tried to take all the clothes off, save, leave the cell, save, exit the game, and go back in?    If you do that, does the mannequin still have armor in its inventory, or is it empty?

What happens if you start a new game or revert to a previous save, does the message persist?

I know that the mannequins have problems even without any mods installed so I'm curious if you have installed any other mods or patches with address the Vanilla Skyrim mannequin issues that I'm not seeing in the load order (assuming such fixes are compatible or have not already been addressed by MLLY)

I unfortunately can't remember what mod(s) it was that caused this, but this is a mod conflict. I had this problem in a playthrough some years ago. I believe FNIS Sexy Move was known to have conflicts with mannequin NPC changers, as it attempted to distribute non-equipment items to NPCs, but there could be more mods that similarly try to automatically place items into all nearby NPCs' inventories.

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

According to translate, the message you are getting says something to the effect of

"You can only place clothes and armor on the dummy."

Unfortunately the MLLY (Mannequins Look Like You) mod was removed from the Nexus a few years ago according to my brief research, so we have no help posts to refer to.  So I'll just ask a bunch of potentially relevant questions.

What clothes did you put on the mannequin? 

Are they normal clothes, or do the clothes have some script attached to them? 

Are they enchanted? 

If they are enchanted, is it with a enchant from a mod or is it a vanilla enchant?

Have you tried to take all the clothes off, save, leave the cell, save, exit the game, and go back in?    If you do that, does the mannequin still have armor in its inventory, or is it empty?

What happens if you start a new game or revert to a previous save, does the message persist?

I know that the mannequins have problems even without any mods installed so I'm curious if you have installed any other mods or patches with address the Vanilla Skyrim mannequin issues that I'm not seeing in the load order (assuming such fixes are compatible or have not already been addressed by MLLY)

This is a new game, I reinstalled skyrim because in my previous game, there was already this problem and I thought it came from a mod that I had installed (for the moment, I have not yet install everything). I have been using this mod for about 2 years and the message only appeared once per mannequin when I entered a room where there was a mannequin.

I haven't put any clothes on the mannequin yet.

58 minutes ago, Mud said:

I unfortunately can't remember what mod(s) it was that caused this, but this is a mod conflict. I had this problem in a playthrough some years ago. I believe FNIS Sexy Move was known to have conflicts with mannequin NPC changers, as it attempted to distribute non-equipment items to NPCs, but there could be more mods that similarly try to automatically place items into all nearby NPCs' inventories.

Regarding FNIS Sexy move, I have been using it since I started modding skyrim and the message never reappeared like it does now. The only thing that I changed recently is FNIS which I replaced by NEMESIS because at times I had T poses or animations that did not work.

Well, a tried and true method for troubleshooting potential mod conflicts, especially when there's no documentation for one of the mods, is to start disabling mods 1 group of plugins at a time.  Each time take note of which plugins you disable, start a new game, attempt to reproduce the message, and once you have gotten to where it is no longer reproducible, enable the last group of mods you disabled 1 or 2 at a time until it happens again, and then you will get to the point where you know which mod causes the issue and either try and change the load order for the 2 mods or see if there's any other way to resolve the conflict.  It is time consuming, but it's worked for me a few times in the past.

On 8/11/2021 at 7:15 PM, Devilf said:

Regarding FNIS Sexy move, I have been using it since I started modding skyrim and the message never reappeared like it does now.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:04 AM, Devilf said:

Problem solved, the culprit was FNIS Sexy Move.

On 8/11/2021 at 7:15 PM, Devilf said:

The only thing that I changed recently is FNIS which I replaced by NEMESIS