KINKY world Crashing when starting a new game.

So I've been using KW for awhile now with no issues. I have nraas mods (master controller, error trap, overwatch, story progression) I've done all the required things to get NRaas to work with KW. It was working for a long time and I was quite enjoying it. Then out of NO WHERE today. All of a sudden. Every time I go to start a new game. It almost loads the whole world before crashing to the desktop. This is any new game I wanna load up. My regular saved games load. But when I take KW out I can start a new game again. I was starting new games yesterday no problem. So I took KW out and tried to see if it was any other mods. It wasn't. None of my mods conlfict. They were all working together just fine. I even redownloaded KW in case there was a file that got corrupted somewhere along the way. Nope. So I uninstalled the whole game and deleted everything. Reinstalled the game. Put in little amounts of CC at a time to test it. Everything was great until I added KW. Like I said I can play a saved game but It will not load a new world. I am just dumbfounded because it was working so good all week. I even tried putting KW in its own folder within packages and it still didn't work. I CAN'T play this game without KW. I prefer a ton of realism in my game and playing without it just seems impossible now. I'm gonna post my mod list. Only compressed files I have are NRAAS which I listed all the ones I have. KW and a mod that removes the shine from base game stuff. I was using Moar interactions with this no problem and story progression. I just wanna be able to play my game ?

Mod list 1.jpg

mod list 2.png

7 hours ago, james9898 said:

Every time I go to start a new game. It almost loads the whole world before crashing to the desktop.

First, I have a help page here with a link to the public release of build 409. That is the final build, if it is not what you already have. You did give a lot of info, but left out which build you have. Also on that page are instructions for the safe way to remove KW so as not to kill your saved games.

I see a couple of mods from 2021, July. Always start by removing the newest first. You have several tuning mods, and an entire xml package. I have done entire rants about this. Xmls are part of the game. Tuning mods are simply mods which change parameters within xmls. There are only so many xmls to tune and too often, the same ones are tuned by different mods. KW also tunes xmls, and ITUNs. Thing is that they can be like cancer. As they belong there, things like Delphy's Dashboard tool will not see them as a problem.

My example is a vampire tuning mod (xml) that caused the motive bars on my Plumbots to go empty.

I think you said you ran with everything except KW? Did you run with just KW? Do this... In you Documents> Electronic Arts folder, rename your Sims3 folder to Sims3.backup, and just leave it there. Start your game. The game will generate a new Sims 3 folder and all necessary stuff inside. Shut down. Inside the NEW Sims 3 folder, make a new Mods folder and Packages folder if not generated. Just copy and paste your resource.cfg to the new folder. Install ONLY KW and maybe No Intro. Start your game to see what happens.

11 hours ago, james9898 said:

out of NO WHERE

If this is indeed fact (NOTHING was changed or added by the user) then that helps because one knows it wasn't anything they did.

So either a file was changed, or became corrupted (some part) by a third party situation.

Updates, OS additions, hardware/software changes, or other such events 'could' create a situation. A drive sector goes bad and the files located there can no longer be accessed.

When was the last time a new world was successfully started?  I tend to choose another household in world I already have running because of the amount of customization I do to the population, so I rarely start new games anymore - I just swap homes and start a new save series. I can say though I have started a new game/world with KW build 409 so I know that isn't an issue itself. I have also gone back to old saves I haven't played in a year or more, and see the KW notification that it's updating from a previous build (usually 375) which causes me to have to add new animation package registrations. Whether a newer save or an older one - KW itself has shown no problems and the game experience remains unaffected.

The statement that everything was reinstalled and mod additions were done as if troubleshooting a bad mod (conflict) makes me wonder why one would troubleshoot in a way that isn't 'useful' if the user did nothing to warrant such a procedure. A reinstall makes sense - to repair any file damage that could have occurred through a hardware failure, but if no new mods were added after it was already working before - then checking them now is a waste of time. Just replacing them from an archive or new download would help eliminate issues with mod file becoming corrupt.

> Still, as it stands - only a new game start is affected, and ONLY when KW is in the package folder if I understand correctly. Otherwise the game runs normal and previous saves work as intended. I wish I had a simple answer I could toss out and make everything good again, but I don't know why the issue exists as presented.

Without some change being referenced it near impossible to armchair detective this problem. Something obviously did change . . . .

4 hours ago, landess said:

Updates, OS additions,

Been dealing with that poop so long, I forgot... yes... @james9898, did our Big Brothers at Microsoft decide you needed something, shoved it in an update that now buggers your game? I have been dealing with Defender eating RAM ever since a Jan update. Been dealing with it for so long that I forgot it was an update that started the mess.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:55 PM, landess said:

If this is indeed fact (NOTHING was changed or added by the user) then that helps because one knows it wasn't anything they did.

So either a file was changed, or became corrupted (some part) by a third party situation.

Updates, OS additions, hardware/software changes, or other such events 'could' create a situation. A drive sector goes bad and the files located there can no longer be accessed.

When was the last time a new world was successfully started?  I tend to choose another household in world I already have running because of the amount of customization I do to the population, so I rarely start new games anymore - I just swap homes and start a new save series. I can say though I have started a new game/world with KW build 409 so I know that isn't an issue itself. I have also gone back to old saves I haven't played in a year or more, and see the KW notification that it's updating from a previous build (usually 375) which causes me to have to add new animation package registrations. Whether a newer save or an older one - KW itself has shown no problems and the game experience remains unaffected.

The statement that everything was reinstalled and mod additions were done as if troubleshooting a bad mod (conflict) makes me wonder why one would troubleshoot in a way that isn't 'useful' if the user did nothing to warrant such a procedure. A reinstall makes sense - to repair any file damage that could have occurred through a hardware failure, but if no new mods were added after it was already working before - then checking them now is a waste of time. Just replacing them from an archive or new download would help eliminate issues with mod file becoming corrupt.

> Still, as it stands - only a new game start is affected, and ONLY when KW is in the package folder if I understand correctly. Otherwise the game runs normal and previous saves work as intended. I wish I had a simple answer I could toss out and make everything good again, but I don't know why the issue exists as presented.

Without some change being referenced it near impossible to armchair detective this problem. Something obviously did change . . . .

Yes I have the origin 1.69 version of the game. I noticed that custom worlds load fine. In fact. ALL custom worlds load fine even the huge ones. And play fine as well. Its just the EA ones.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:55 PM, landess said:

Also if I take my mods out. I can start up an EA world. Then if I save it, and put my mods back in. It will load up. Its something with the mods and the world creating itself for the first time that is conflicting. But with EA worlds only. Not custom. What a weird issue.

7 hours ago, james9898 said:

But with EA worlds only

Perhaps if you mess with the tutorial settings?

I know the first time you boot up the game after an install, it forces you to go into CAS and make a Sim to place in the world - you can't choose an existing family on the map or from the library bin.

22 hours ago, Otti said:

3rd Person Mod

I have it as well, but I suffer no issues with both mods together. I probably should remove it though as I never use it....   I have another camera mod that allows me to zoom in right to the floor where they're located, so this makes the camera lower when I use that 3rd person mod. (The floor is the Sims point of origin, so by being able to zoom in as close as possible I have other screenshot options besides the TAB camera)

*I don't use Origin - all disks.

Edited by landess