MTM 3BBB OCBP OCBPC Physics Preset - CBBE - Fusion Girl - Wonder Body - Enhanced Vanilla Bodies - JaneBod Extended - Vanilla - More

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CloudLambda said:

Would anybody know what settings to tweak here for physics to work as they do normally when walking around but for when in scenes in AAF? Seems to be the only thing I can't figure out.

A lot of animations implement their own keyframed physics rather than relying on Havok, so other than recreating those animations there's no real solution to that.

19 hours ago, vaultbait said:

A lot of animations implement their own keyframed physics rather than relying on Havok, so other than recreating those animations there's no real solution to that.

Oh okay...

I'm pretty sure I've seen Fusion Girl capable of achieving this feature but...obviously the logical solution here would be to switch the whole CBBE 3BBB OCBP setup I've got going on to Fusion Girl. The biggest thing holding me back is that any armour/clothing I have is 3BBB based, pretty soli stuff like the High Poly Vanilla/Mojave outfits etc but sadly there doesn't seem to be any conversions. Anyway side rant over.

But yeah I'm pretty sure it's possible, I've seen a few people bring up this question but never got a solution, apart from switching to Fusion Girl.

Without getting too technical as I'm no modder, I'm not sure what Fusion Girl does differently to 3BBB apart from compiling most of the various patches and fixes together?

1 hour ago, CloudLambda said:

Oh okay...

I'm pretty sure I've seen Fusion Girl capable of achieving this feature but...obviously the logical solution here would be to switch the whole CBBE 3BBB OCBP setup I've got going on to Fusion Girl. The biggest thing holding me back is that any armour/clothing I have is 3BBB based, pretty soli stuff like the High Poly Vanilla/Mojave outfits etc but sadly there doesn't seem to be any conversions. Anyway side rant over.

But yeah I'm pretty sure it's possible, I've seen a few people bring up this question but never got a solution, apart from switching to Fusion Girl.

Like I said, it really depends on the animations. Some of them will exhibit accelerational and collision physics if the bodies used in those animations are physics-enabled. Other animations implement their own body physics baked into the keyframing, so won't behave the same as those relying on the game's physics engine.

1 hour ago, CloudLambda said:

Without getting too technical as I'm no modder, I'm not sure what Fusion Girl does differently to 3BBB apart from compiling most of the various patches and fixes together?

FG uses a different skeleton than CBBE, and has a lot of different sliders, as well as built-in 3BBB and other physics support. On the surface that's pretty much it, so it probably boils down to which one gives you the details, minor features and flexibility you want. These days just about everything worth wearing is converted for both CBBE and FG anyway, but things built for FG (as long as they were built for v1.75 or later, i.e. in the past few years) get 3BBB support directly, unlike with CBBE where someone needs to reconvert them to 3BBB enabled meshes for that.

One thing which sets FG apart for me is the BodyFat slider, which CBBE sorely lacks.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

I installed with vortex. I have a simple CBBE body
During some sex animations my character's breasts go crazy.
He vibrates, vibrates abnormally, as if he were possessed by the devil.
How do I solve?

It sounds like the animation is using Havok physics bodies on the actors and you're seeing OCBPC collision spheres for the breasts detecting collision between actors or body parts. Reducing the collision sphere size can help, to a point, but for things like hands-on-breasts animations there's just not much that can be done other than switching to normal OCBP without the collision sphere support or recreating the animations with keyframed physics instead.

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It sounds like the animation is using Havok physics bodies on the actors and you're seeing OCBPC collision spheres for the breasts detecting collision between actors or body parts. Reducing the collision sphere size can help, to a point, but for things like hands-on-breasts animations there's just not much that can be done other than switching to normal OCBP without the collision sphere support or recreating the animations with keyframed physics instead.

I'm trying to install the mod with other settings. The breasts still make strange movements but much much less than before.
I will try other settings.

3 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

I'm trying to install the mod with other settings. The breasts still make strange movements but much much less than before.
I will try other settings.

By "strange movements" you mean during animations, or even when standing still? If you're seeing twitching of breasts while standing still, that's usually a sign of unstable framerate (FO4's physics engine is tied to the framerate, so any speedup or slowdown there will often get interpreted as movement).

12 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

I did not noticed. Those few times that I turned the camera to face the character, I didn't notice anything strange.
Should this happen if the character is naked? Or does it also happen with clothes/armor?

That will depend on what physics preset you're using, since some of the options are for chest armor to attenuate or eliminate breast physics effects when worn.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:42 PM, vaultbait said:

That will depend on what physics preset you're using, since some of the options are for chest armor to attenuate or eliminate breast physics effects when worn.

I haven't played a lot of time, but so far I haven't noticed any quirks when the character is still.

4 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

I tried installing the mod without the collision sphere but the breasts keep moving weird, only during sex animations.

You mean you installed OCBP instead of OCBPC, or you simply turned off the collision spheres preset addition in this mod? If you're using OCBPC it includes its own default configuration, and so do some bodies like Fusion Girl as well. To actually disable collision spheres you need to make sure you're using the OCBP mod rather than the OCBPC mod. If that's what you did and you still see movement you consider strange during animations, and if those animations use Havok physics, then it may simply be that you're having some weird framerate stutter or you simply don't find the way Havok moves things during animations realistic enough. If you're observing this in keyframed animations, then the breast movement is whatever the animator designed it to be and nothing to do with OCBP or OCBPC.

1 hour ago, Swood Aneue said:

So if you use the armor physics presets (the ones that disables or reduces breast physics when wearing chest armor) on CBBE or FG, sometimes your character's body turns invisible.

Is there any fix for this?

I've seen others mention the same issue and I'm not aware of any fix, though I highly suspect it's related to the bug in LooksMenu which causes corpse bodies to disappear (leaving head and hands visible) when BodyGen is enabled for them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 11:46 AM, Balmung889 said:

I installed with vortex. I have a simple CBBE body
During some sex animations my character's breasts go crazy.
He vibrates, vibrates abnormally, as if he were possessed by the devil.
How do I solve?

you probably have the wrong cbbe body installed. You put the body with physics. In bs, you need to choose the usual cbbe. Without physics.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/19/2022 at 7:08 PM, Karna5 said:

noticed in Outfit Studio while making this mashup that the top had fewer vertices than the breasts and groin, so I used a brush over the outfit breast and groin areas then inverted the mask (so that only those areas would be affected) and used the "Refine Mesh" feature to double the vertices over just the areas I wanted.

Then I cleared the mask and decided the nipples still had fewer vertices in the outfit than the body, so on the outfit I masked just the nipples, inverted the selection and repeated the Refine Mesh.

I liked this tip. So I tried it. Unfortunately, on clicking "refine mesh", I got an error message that is meaningless to my limited knowledge. Please might you be able to hint at where I am going wrong?

Thanks!

Bodyslideerror.thumb.jpg.705234bc2fc3f1d80332cc502cc42606.jpg

Edited by Bluegunk
12 hours ago, Bluegunk said:

Unfortunately, on clicking "refine mesh", I got an error message that is meaningless to my limited knowledge.

I've run into that a few times as well. Usually I can get around it by trial and error and finding the surfaces outfit studio can refine. But sometimes (rarely) I just can't figure out which parts OS has trouble with and have to give up adding vertices.

It's possible to use Blender to add vertices, but I don't think I'll go into that here because it's incredibly cumbersome and has many steps. It's how I used to add vertices a few years ago before Outfit Studio added the feature.

Edited by Karna5
3 hours ago, Karna5 said:

I've run into that a few times as well. Usually I can get around it by trial and error and finding the surfaces outfit studio can refine. But sometimes (rarely) I just can't figure out which parts OS has trouble with and have to give up adding vertices.

It's possible to use Blender to add vertices, but I don't think I'll go into that here because it's incredibly cumbersome and has many steps. It's how I used to add vertices a few years ago before Outfit Studio added the feature.

Thank you! That's helpful to know. I'll just keep trying. I have Blender but other than starting it, I'm clueless about it!  ?

1 hour ago, Bluegunk said:

I have Blender but other than starting it, I'm clueless about it!

Well, if you do decide to go blender I'll mention how I used to add vertices with it, but I don't recommend it because it really is clunky. I can't be specific on button locations and names because I haven't done it in a few years.

1. In OS select the part you want to add vertices and Export to OBJ

2. In Blender start a new project and Import from OBJ

3. You might need to delete the default cube (I used to have to do that)

4. Select the outfit part you've imported and go to Mesh Faces (this is the part I can't tell you what to click)

5. Use the select tool to highlight the parts you want to increase vertices (again I can't tell you how, sorry)

6. Subdivide Smooth (can't help on button, haha)

7. Export to OBJ and give it a name you'll recognize. For instance, if you imported "Shirt" then export as "ShirtHD"

8. In OS Import the OBJ into your project

9. Copy the bone weights into the new shape (it won't have any)

10. Copy the textures and material files from the original low-poly to the new HD version

11.  Conform the new shape, check it to see if you like it, then remove the old low poly version

Sometimes you might need to move vertices around a bit if there's a separation which doesn't belong.

I used to do it a lot, but ever since Outfit Studio got the feature I've never gone back to Blender for that, even if it's an outfit which OS can't seem to handle :)