3.0alpha5 is apparently very alpha, I hope it gets some attention..

No MCM page registers, No spells are given, doctor dialogue won't progress beyond greeting, doctor dialogue on other people, None of the quests will start except tracking, spells manually given won't do anything even though check needs says character has to. The only things that work are the bowels, bladder, and hygiene spells/effects. I get this with the mod at the top of my list, middle where Boss/Loot puts it, and at the end. FNISed. Bash patch rebuilt. It does not matter. 2.11 works fine, but I had a hell of a time getting my game stable after PROPERLY removing it. Game kept CTDing with errors about references to missing private needs scripts.

This has been a nightmare and I wasted most of my weekend trying to sort it out.

As far as I am concerned this mod is broken except for 2.11 to which I am reverting my game, even though it'll be a disaster to remove again probably.

Save game cleaner? It's easy to use and it should be all you need (along side a few clean saves) to fix up your game Oblivoyeur.

Link to cleaner: www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

To be fair to the mod author, he did state that 2.11 is the best option for those wanting a full featured mod that's stable.

Besides the increasingly rare bathing fails, 3.0alpha 5 works fine in my main save. I've never had the MCM disappear in my main save game, however it does go awol on another character of mine (new game) so there are some considerable problems.

If you've set it up right, and have a bit of luck, it works 98% of the time. Not bad for an 'alpha'.

If I seemed to be too harsh on the mod author that wasn't my intention, I just really like the mod and was frustrated at all the problems I was having when I'd rather have been playing the game.

Thanks trex, I appreciate the advice, but I had all this trouble and I was using save game cleaner... which is awesome btw. I use it everytime I remove a script intensive mod. Nothing worked in this case. For some reason the game kept ctd and the errors were all about attempting to load a save with references to missing private need scripts.

This has been a nightmare and I wasted most of my weekend trying to sort it out.

As far as I am concerned this mod is broken except for 2.11 to which I am reverting my game, even though it'll be a disaster to remove again probably.

I've always used the 2.11 version. I have removed it from a savegame without any problems though I have only done this once. I certainly didn't get any ctd's at the time

I think I've managed to get 2.11 installed. MCM menu pops up and everything. I still don't know how this mod works, so I have to ask: why does it keep saying "I can't do that here,", despite having the 'Privacy' option toggled off?

It happens in certain areas.

In most dungeons and outdoor areas you should be able to "go" normally

I currently have PN after Realistic Needs, but before the RND water patch.

I too had this, but I've moved it AFTER water but before the RND water patch. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi, I also have the issue Darnmor mentioned. Got zaz animation and RND, but Im not sure what RND water patch is. Can you give a link or explain what it is?

RND_Water-Patch.esp is (was) a patch file I got with the version of Realistic Needs I originally downloaded (1.9.5). That patch doesn't appear to come with the latest version, so I'm not sure if it's needed for newer versions. My game is currently stable running 197 mods, so I'm in no hurry to update mods to newer versions.

Save game cleaner? It's easy to use and it should be all you need (along side a few clean saves) to fix up your game Oblivoyeur.

Link to cleaner: www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

To be fair to the mod author, he did state that 2.11 is the best option for those wanting a full featured mod that's stable.

Besides the increasingly rare bathing fails, 3.0alpha 5 works fine in my main save. I've never had the MCM disappear in my main save game, however it does go awol on another character of mine (new game) so there are some considerable problems.

If you've set it up right, and have a bit of luck, it works 98% of the time. Not bad for an 'alpha'.

it's weird it works for some people and not to others, it never worked for me even if i started new game or disabled other mods, oh well, 2.11 is a good version that works wonders. I wonder what changes were made after 2.11 though, i guess not much.

3.0 Alpha 5 doesn't have the Private Needs.esp?

no, it's privateneedsnew.esp now, change its name if other mods require the old name, i personally didn't get this mod to work, mcm menu never appeared :(, so im using the old but not worse (i guess) version

Some files, though, need PrivateNeedsNew, and others need PrivateNeeds, and the 3.0 A5 MCM never appeared, I have, I think, all the dependencies.

• 2 weeks later...

Private Needs changes W.A.T.E.R textures and some values back to Skyrim default just to add "cause damage"

i think it is easy to make a compatibility patch for W.A.T.E.R

i'm using:

Private Needs 3.0Alpha5
Private Needs-DD 3.0Alpha5 Fixed (for Devious Devices)

and since i don't have yet a compatibility patch for W.A.T.E.R

currently load order:

1. WATER.esp
2. PrivateNeedsNew.esp
3. Private Needs-DD.esp

Guest poweredbipussie

i can no longer use the bathing option i don't have any of the privacy options clicked and i am in water.. i also have the realistic water 2 and rnd  and everything was working until idk i guess load order is the only thing different.. but i even switch that back and no change :(

Which version of this file do I need?

Ver. 2.11  is stable ver. It's the one you should use. I've tried latest ver (3Alpha 5) which as its name stated that it's still in alpha by upgrading from 2.11. Unfortunately in my case, there's no MCM menu. 

What to download (as in my experience)

Private Needs 2.11.rar

PrivateNeeds-RND.rar -> use this if you use Realistic Need and Disease
PrivateNeeds-Sexlab.rar 

Install with NMM, and as the modder stated:
Run the Fnis patcher
Upon loading with the mod installed you should see a new option in the MCM menu called "Private Needs"
Under Private Needs go to "General" and click activate.

i can no longer use the bathing option i don't have any of the privacy options clicked and i am in water.. i also have the realistic water 2 and rnd  and everything was working until idk i guess load order is the only thing different.. but i even switch that back and no change :(

If hotkeys aren't working, type in the console:

StopQuest PNHotkeyQuest ENTER StartQuest PNHotkeyQuest ENTER

Updated the file to 3.0Alpha6

Hopefully fixed the MCM menu not showing up. I still don't fully understand why that was a problem for previous versions, but I hope I fixed it for this version.

Aside from that, updated the animations to use ZAZ fluidity 2.0 and removed the restrictions on male defecating animation. Males can now use all for 6 fluidity animations for defecation instead of just one.

Updated the file to 3.0Alpha6

Hopefully fixed the MCM menu not showing up. I still don't fully understand why that was a problem for previous versions, but I hope I fixed it for this version.

Aside from that, updated the animations to use ZAZ fluidity 2.0 and removed the restrictions on male defecating animation. Males can now use all for 6 fluidity animations for defecation instead of just one.

thank you¡¡ ;)