Weird things happening after using AAF

As the title says, strange things happen after using AAF (though occurences are random) :

-mods will stop working completly with no error/missing .esp warning. For instance, a mod that gives the rested bonus wherever you sleep won't kick in. The West Tek optics switch, an item in the Aid category which can be hotkeyed, will get "eaten" every time you try to use it with no effect at all, etc...
-even more annoying : sprinting ceases to drain AP and radiation damage disappears, be it near toxic barrels or in the Glowing Sea.

The Papyrus log is 18ko and shows no error. Saving/loading or changing cell does not solve the problems.

Has someone encountered these problems and found a solution ?

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 2:22 PM, Gnafron said:

The West Tek optics switch, an item in the Aid category which can be hotkeyed, will get "eaten" every time you try to use it with no effect at all, etc...

This issue with aid item menus was a thing in both in my last install last year and now my current rebuild and since it's random if it'll break after a scene and seeing no other reports of it scanning the threads in the past, I just resigned myself to it being some kind of problem on my end only and just checked after every scene with a hotkey if it broke and reloaded.

I'm afraid I haven't found a way to fix this ingame but I'm hoping someone knows something about why it happens.

23 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Never say never. But, considering that AAF doesn't touch anything related to these symptoms or mods, the odds that it involves AAF are around .000003%

Appreciate the reply, it's an odd one because it doesn't break actual holotape functionality, only the mod controller items that bring up their menus instantly and it appears to permanently break them like the OP said so I have to reload to before and I've only encountered it directly after AAF scenes.

Last year I suspected it was a strange conflict with the pipboy auto-unequip mod I had active and was breaking pipboy related things when the scene went back to player control but I skipped installing it this time.