Being forbiden to see the thread

I tried to open KoolHNdLuke's "Is video game addiction a real thing" thread in general discussion, but I got "OOPS. Sorry, you don't have permission to view this topic." Is the thread locked for me by the author or there is a bug or mistake in "General discussion" forum?

17 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

I tried to open KoolHNdLuke's "Is video game addiction a real thing" thread in general discussion, but I got "OOPS. Sorry, you don't have permission to view this topic." Is the thread locked for me by the author or there is a bug or mistake in "General discussion" forum?

Usually that means that the item (thread/mod, etc.) has been locked by a Moderator. I went to look to be able to answer the question specifically but I can't find it at all either in the General Discussion list of topics or in the list of KoolHndLuke's threads.

9 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Usually that means that the item (thread/mod, etc.) has been locked by a Moderator. I went to look to be able to answer the question specifically but I can't find it at all either in the General Discussion list of topics or in the list of KoolHndLuke's threads.

> Thank you Psalm 13 for prompt answer. :)

To be even more precise.

You can still see a thread if it was locked.

But usually a locked thread after a while gets "pre-deleted" and after another while gets fully "deleted".

"pre-deleted" is still visible for moderators but not for users (you get your error)

"deleted" is no more visible by anybody, and you get the error too (in this case also moderators will get the same errors)

1 hour ago, CPU said:

To be even more precise.

You can still see a thread if it was locked.

But usually a locked thread after a while gets "pre-deleted" and after another while gets fully "deleted".

"pre-deleted" is still visible for moderators but not for users (you get your error)

"deleted" is no more visible by anybody, and you get the error too (in this case also moderators will get the same errors)

> Thank you, CPU. Maybe if there will be different message display like the thread is deleted instead of current one it will not rise question like mine or/and cause confusion. I'm not trying to be a smart ass now, just sharing my thoughts with you.:)

Edited by EvalovesEP