Sanguine's Books of Lust

View File

Sanguine's Books of Lust

Lore Friendly(ish)Background

There is talk at Riverwood of an intense adventurer in search of a rare book he claims to have power unlike any other but for some reason he refused to give any details about the name or what it looks like, instead he interrogated everyone as if they were hiding it. When he heard that Lucan's store the Riverwood Trader was robbed he strong armed him about what was stolen but didn't get the answer he wanted leading him to go back to the inn to grab his gear and go after them thinking that the bandits must of taken it. In the rush out the door he had left his journal behind at the table he ate his last meal before setting off. No one dares touch it or even acknowledge the man's existence in fear of him coming back without the rare book he seeks.

Features

• Custom books with unique textures
  • Small quest (for now) to locate the books of lust -BETA
  • Passive Buffs from each book for the player -BETA (needs balance feedback)
  • 47 pages of adult themed images - (might tie into other LL mods if possible)

About the Concept

As a person who likes to find and collect unique items in any game I play I came up with the idea to make a mod that lets me do just that (sad thing is I know where the books are) in hopes that similar people will want the same thing but with a LL type of spin to it. The books are being worked on and more is planned (see bottom) down the line of this mod's conception with each update released. All things are being weighed when it comes down to the next update however, I need to do lots of trial and error to get my results so any feedback is great.

Patreon

More Content for each book or maybe a sneak peak at new features!?

Join me at Patreon for more details and exclusive updates.

Also taking requests there as well for those looking for personally made adventures.

Patron Version = 60+ pages and counting and much more...

F.A.Q

• What does this mod do?

A: Adds Sanguine's collection to the world where the player can start a quest to find them and gain powers by solving riddles (and whatever else I add) kinda like a treasure hunt made by a daedric lord.

• How do I start the quest?

A: There is a journal on a table at the Sleeping Giant Inn if you didn't read the background to this mod's story (shameful display) silly goose.

• Are there supposed to be quest markers?

A: Nope.

• Can you put them?

A: Nope. Oblivion style riddles aren't hard just read closely.

• Can I make a patch?

A: Send me a PM and we can discuss it. Depends really.

• Can I translate this mod?

A: Credit and Link this mod to it. Do the right thing and I'm cool with it.

• LE version?

A: I don't play LE but if you do and you want to do it then the answer above covers this answer too.

ETC.

This mod is still in the early stages of conception as I have been slowly making sure certain things are working as intended and a lot of this process for me has been trial and error as I am not a expert modder but I know my way around the CK to a degree. That said there are bugs to be expected and certain unbalanced things as new abilities and other people's LO's are different than mine and the guy next to him so feedback is great.

All ideas and suggestions are welcomed but may not be taken any further as I do have a set plan on where this mod goes down its conception but if I like it then consider it done but I don't like making too big of promises without knowing I can do it for sure. Thank you for the time of day and I hope you enjoy the mod. Tell me what's your favorite book or page and I hope to hear from you in the comments if you have any problems.

As a side note, certain lighting, weather, and ENB's can have an affect on how the book and pages look. Try indoors or use "T" to (wait) change the time of day to see if that makes it any better.

PLANNED

• Fix certain pages brightness
  • Fix spines on books
  • Sanguine's Books of Lust Vol.4 - Conjuring Cream
  • Vol.5
  • Quest to find the books of lust
  • Daedric Realm of Sanguine

Troubleshooting

.NET Script Framework is an amazing tool that helps you understand why the game did what a Bethesda game does when you try to touch it in a way it doesn't want to be touched (at all) with that information being said, if you experience a CTD and suspect that it has something to do with this mod well then maybe...but maybe not. Best way to figure it out is to use that tool and send me your crashlog (should be in overwrite if you use MO and you should be) and from there I can tell you what happened exactly then maybe fix it. 

If you don't use that tool then I need screenshots, details, what were you doing, what mods you were using, and etc. to help narrow down the problem. I can't do much with "mod broken plz fix lolz" feel free to send me a PM with the above listed details or post here idc as long as you are making an effort to help me better help you I'll take it.

Edited by Sanguine Lust
Next Update Ready

Possible Incompatibilities 

• Unread Books Glow

Changelog

• 1.0.01hotfix = CTD for additemmenu should be gone (choose only the books nothing else in the esp) 
  • 1.0.2 = .esl file change and Vol.4 has been released
Edited by Sanguine Lust

Sound great! I'm definately intriuged. But I have some questions^^

What do the books actually do?

Is there a quest and story associated with this mod? And if yes, how do you trigger it?

Are there hints to find the books or does one just stumble over them?

2 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I'd like to know what the books do?  Ignite unquenchable lust? (could tie into certain mods) Make the reader unusually vulnerable to lustful entities?

2 hours ago, Guffel said:

Sound great! I'm definately intriuged. But I have some questions^^

What do the books actually do?

Is there a quest and story associated with this mod? And if yes, how do you trigger it?

Are there hints to find the books or does one just stumble over them?

3 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Thanks for making this mod! 47 pages over 3 books is quite a bit of content! I always enjoy finding and reading more books in the world. Maybe consider less pages per book and more books?

Look forward to future releases and mods!

1. All in due time my good sir, I am learning to do more with such mods unless someone wants to make a patch for this as long as they ask me that is fine. @Celedhring

2. They are skill books to help the player idk learn a skill (not being an asshole I promise) there are currently no hints available at this moment but I am reconsidering this idea as it may not be too obvious to find these books. I need more feedback from players ultimately to improve this mod. So you guys are kinda my beta testers. I intended players to stumble upon them as NPC's are in possession of the books so they may have it hidden in their rooms *cough* or something like that. As far as quests go idk I might learn how to do such things and indulge in a grand scheme or perhaps just a small quest that pops in journal telling you to find the shit. @Guffel

3. No Problem! Don't worry I have more to add to each book and even more Vol.'s to add. I stopped at 47 by accident tbh when I was making the first book as I wasn't even paying attention to how many pages I would have total. I still even have some that aren't in the book yet, depending how the feedback is or if there is enough attention I can assure you more content. All in all answer, did you say more pages and more books?!?!?!!?!

Same pages cause fk it but yes more books. @ck2modfan

Edited by Sanguine Lust
5 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

tried to get the first book by add item in console, and it went into my inventory but got CTD as soon as I clicked it.  Not sure, but could this not be compatible with unread books glow? Can't think what other mod might conflict

I actually didn't have an idea if it would be or not as LEXY LOTD guide does not use Unread Books Glow. I can see about making a patch for the mod if that is the case, unless you wanna make it, I'm up for people making patches for whatever they want so long as they credit and link here. If I make it it would take a second to see what's up with the issue.

Good work catching this for me @marymuir2

Edited by Sanguine Lust
2 hours ago, Sanguine Lust said:

I actually didn't have an idea if it would be or not as LEXY LOTD guide does not use Unread Books Glow. I can see about making a patch for the mod if that is the case, unless you wanna make it, I'm up for people making patches for whatever they want so long as they credit and link here. If I make it it would take a second to see what's up with the issue.

I'm not using LOTD, I don't see that listed as a requirement for this mod, and I wouldn't expect it to be, unless you are placing the books in locations added to Skyrim by LOTD.    I realize you want to integrate this mod with LOTD at some point in time, but if  LOTD is a master for this mod, you need to clearly say so.

Also this has been added mid playthrough to my game, not to a new game, and it's been suggested that I have a corrupt save somehow.   In which case this mod will simply have to wait for my next playthrough (unless I make the big switch to Requiem).  

I actually have high hopes for this mod and a couple other new ones on LL, that seem more playful to me. I think the ending to the vanilla Sanguine quest is a huge disappointment; the so called prince of debauchery has a party that consists solely of 6  nondescript males sitting around a plain wooden table drinking from cheap tankards????!!!!  Sanguine's party is less lively than the Bannered Mare  or Dead Man's Drink (might be better than Sleeping Giant tho), and can't hold a candle to the Winking Skeever.  Sanguine is my favorite daedric prince; given his remit it makes sense that he would spend time on Nirn recruiting mortals to his worship.  So I'm very happy to see someone making a new Sanguine mod that adds to his lore.  And if it should eventually go a bit farther and add some game action, well I'm down with that! ? 

7 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

I'm not using LOTD, I don't see that listed as a requirement for this mod, and I wouldn't expect it to be, unless you are placing the books in locations added to Skyrim by LOTD.    I realize you want to integrate this mod with LOTD at some point in time, but if  LOTD is a master for this mod, you need to clearly say so.

Also this has been added mid playthrough to my game, not to a new game, and it's been suggested that I have a corrupt save somehow.   In which case this mod will simply have to wait for my next playthrough (unless I make the big switch to Requiem).  

I actually have high hopes for this mod and a couple other new ones on LL, that seem more playful to me. I think the ending to the vanilla Sanguine quest is a huge disappointment; the so called prince of debauchery has a party that consists solely of 6  nondescript males sitting around a plain wooden table drinking from cheap tankards????!!!!  Sanguine's party is less lively than the Bannered Mare  or Dead Man's Drink (might be better than Sleeping Giant tho), and can't hold a candle to the Winking Skeever.  Sanguine is my favorite daedric prince; given his remit it makes sense that he would spend time on Nirn recruiting mortals to his worship.  So I'm very happy to see someone making a new Sanguine mod that adds to his lore.  And if it should eventually go a bit farther and add some game action, well I'm down with that! ? 

@marymuir2 I believe I have the solution hotfix incoming not sure what was the problem in particular (assuming meshes were mixed up) but I can assure you LEXY's LOTD Guide does not need to be a requirement for this mod not even LOTD. I simply used it in my load order built to her guide and kinda just put the books in places her guide doesn't touch.

Mod only has Skyrim.esm & Update.esm as parents nothing more and nothing less. There wasn't a need to say so cause I didn't make it a Req. it's just what setup I had running with it to make sure it wasn't in conflicting areas that Lexy touches with that everchanging mod list of hers.

I can't make promises on expanding or maybe doing too much as I'm still finding my footing in certain aspects of mod creation but I will say anything is up for grabs this is just a starting point for this kind of idea.

Here is the modlist I tested to get the books in game working just for assurance I went down to borderline vanilla to see what was the problem, shoutouts to Netscriptframework Crash Logs for the assists in troubleshooting. 

https://imgur.com/a/vpNIFdD

Edited by Sanguine Lust
13 hours ago, AKELLO_11 said:

That is, a mod by the principle, go there do not know where, find something I do not know what?

Actually I'm considering making this a quest mod (without markers) to give the player hints to where these books are hidden for you to track down to improve player skill down the line of the game.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:21 PM, MonVert said:

The real question is... Is this Boethiah's Pillow Book all over again? ?

@MonVert What an entertaining idea that would be...imagine that. Honestly I'm up for anything as I want more from this but gots to make the groundwork 1st and do lots of testing.

22 hours ago, Scroolose said:

An idea: Maybe tie this to Separate Orgasms mod?

So the more books you collect, your ability to give orgasm to your partner increases. ( Maybe a bit less on quantity)

And you gain perks gradually from it.

I can see about this mod haven't heard of it before but maybe I can do something with that IF I can understand how that other mod works and if it's allowed to tie it in somehow. although maybe a bit less on quantity meaning what exactly? @Scroolose the perks part may be doable but I need to see how other mods implement them perhaps like a power?

9 hours ago, SomeDragonbornGuy said:

Should be able to just* change the .esl to .esp and keep it in the same spot verse a new game. It just means its flagged in the header as esl.

Thanks for these.

@SomeDragonbornGuy you could and tell me if thats ok and works and if so then yes we can go from there and make it safe updateable however, I will say the reason I didn't is because of "has invalid objectid 002876 for a light module. you will not be able to save this file with esl flag active" which meant I had to compact form ID's also some stuff I got from all over.

Edited by Sanguine Lust
additional notes added
On 8/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, UltronRulesAll said:

what does this do? what do the books contain?

Right now its a treasure hunt for books with adult images, currently what I'm doing with it now is making it a quest mod (without markers) to find the books that  will give the player small buffs that should be balanced for any playthrough while still being somewhat of a task to make it interesting instead of a generic "find it. you can have it." type of mod.

the next update will be an early beta into the quest. I am also exploring the idea of integration with other mods (via patches) for those who have other mods from here to make it even more complex but that'll will require more time and trial and error. The next update is expected by the end of the week. @UltronRulesAll

On 7/16/2021 at 9:39 PM, Sanguine Lust said:

took unread books glow out of my load order, but still getting ctd as soon as I click the book in my inventory (added using console).  Not sure what's happening, but I'm using netscript framework for factions and magical college.  Not having issues with volumes added by other mods though.  Changing now to newest version. If that doesn't work . . .

18 minutes ago, marymuir2 said:

took unread books glow out of my load order, but still getting ctd as soon as I click the book in my inventory (added using console).  Not sure what's happening, but I'm using netscript framework for factions and magical college.  Not having issues with volumes added by other mods though.  Changing now to newest version. If that doesn't work . . .

@marymuir2 https://imgur.com/a/vpNIFdD is still relevant no way you should be ctd as part of this mod. Here you will be able to get a more exact error callstack to examine the problem as I can't seem to replicate this ctd even on a bare modlist with no problems.

1 hour ago, Sanguine Lust said:

@marymuir2 https://imgur.com/a/vpNIFdD is still relevant no way you should be ctd as part of this mod. Here you will be able to get a more exact error callstack to examine the problem as I can't seem to replicate this ctd even on a bare modlist with no problems.

The latest version works!  I was able to additem the books and then open them!  But, I must say, when you said 47 pages of text I was expecting something a little different?  Maybe a replacer for that hoary old Lusty Argonian Maid series?  Possibly written by Sanguine?  There isn't even a picture of Sanguine himself. ?  And he's my favorite daedric prince.  At the very least reading the book should put some sort of lust spell on you, teleport you to Sanguine and make you service him, or teleport a daedric lord to you to train you in that particular skill?  Maybe the books themselves are really magical traps?  Just a suggestion.