5 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

The latest version works!  I was able to additem the books and then open them!  But, I must say, when you said 47 pages of text I was expecting something a little different?  Maybe a replacer for that hoary old Lusty Argonian Maid series?  Possibly written by Sanguine?  There isn't even a picture of Sanguine himself. ?  And he's my favorite daedric prince.  At the very least reading the book should put some sort of lust spell on you, teleport you to Sanguine and make you service him, or teleport a daedric lord to you to train you in that particular skill?  Maybe the books themselves are really magical traps?  Just a suggestion.

@marymuir2 the next update adds a quest to locate all the other books and perks for each books to buff the player I am still weighing in on ideas of certain powers and other possibilities but it's not a text (before I redid the modpage I didn't ever say text) book it's a picture book if you will. I won't give away too much for now as I don't wanna set expectations or make promises only just that the mod is changing more into a more developed idea rather than just a book treasure hunt. 

Edited by Sanguine Lust
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't actually downloaded the mod, but I like the concept - questing for adult-themed collectables that give buffs of some kind (and I'm a bit of a bibliophile who can't help but pick up every book I find in the game even after having played it... I have no idea how many times). I'm not a huge fan of the books' content, but that's just my personal taste. I would say, just be careful that none of the images you're using would infringe on any copyrights (would probably be safer to use high-quality Skyrim models in sexy poses, but I do imagine that would be a much more time-consuming pain-in-the-ass unless you make them yourself already, since you'd still want to get permission to use them in order to not be a dick). 

My games are always one step away from being totally f*d up by all the mods I load them them up with as it is?, so I don't tend to install mods until they've been around for awhile, but I'm definitely interested in seeing where this goes (or who else picks up on the idea, like you said).

Spoiler

(P.S. My communication skills kinda suck - I'm working on it - so, in case I totally failed, my intent here was to try to be helpful and encouraging and to say that this sounds really cool.)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also seemingly unable to locate the book in the Sleeping Giant Inn, any way to fix that?

EDIT: So, I checked on the Additem Menu, but apparently the mod consists in the 4 of the books (I'm assuming Book 5 is Patreon Exclusive still?) and also the Vanilla Book Boethia's Testing, the one you read the start the Boethia quest, and doesn't spawn until you're level 30, so I'm thinking that maybe there was a cock-up there and Boethia's book replaced the stating book at the Sleeping Giant Inn with the riddles.

If that's the case, any way for anyone to at least divulge the riddles so I can start hunting for the 4 books without the starting one?

EDIT: Welp, hadn't seen the update, so I updated the mod, thing is, Loot now is claiming the mod will do irreversible damage to my game if it's flagged as an ESL... any Idea how to fix this one instead?

Edited by goodking0
New Information was Acquired.

The Journal is on one of the tables in the Sleeping Giant.  If you're not finding it, then you have another mod getting in the way.

Riddle #3 was easy.  #1 and #2 are actually vexing me, and I'm wondering at this point if I too have a mod that is affecting book placement, because for #1 I had three strong possible locations and none panned out.

First riddle...  Lake Ilinalta's life flows by me where the giants sleep is where I hide with a man who has lost but finds the steps of another irresistible.

Second riddle...  The wind carries words of the faithful unto the ears of those who run towards white snow covered fields stained by blood.
I hide with a man who finds the mouth is mightier than the sword.

Third riddle...  Proposals in denial but what is that to a bard who plays for keeps. At her stand many are ripe for sell but none are fit for her. I hide with a woman who finds entering outback is more fun.

I think it best not to share theories on where the riddles point to, as the author did not wish to provide a walkthrough.

Plus, it looks like the quests won't update until you get the items and thereby advance the quest stages.  Even getting them with console wouldn't give me the riddles to find the 4th and 5th books.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:58 PM, gbprime said:

The Journal is on one of the tables in the Sleeping Giant.  If you're not finding it, then you have another mod getting in the way.

Riddle #3 was easy.  #1 and #2 are actually vexing me, and I'm wondering at this point if I too have a mod that is affecting book placement, because for #1 I had three strong possible locations and none panned out.

First riddle...  Lake Ilinalta's life flows by me where the giants sleep is where I hide with a man who has lost but finds the steps of another irresistible.

Second riddle...  The wind carries words of the faithful unto the ears of those who run towards white snow covered fields stained by blood.

Third riddle...  Proposals in denial but what is that to a bard who plays for keeps. At her stand many are ripe for sell but none are fit for her. I hide with a woman who finds entering outback is more fun.

I think it best not to share theories on where the riddles point to, as the author did not wish to provide a walkthrough.

Plus, it looks like the quests won't update until you get the items and thereby advance the quest stages.  Even getting them with console wouldn't give me the riddles to find the 4th and 5th books.

Thing is, I have nothing changing the sleeping giant inn, and the book seems to have been replaced with the Boethia Quest book for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all I have returned from a well needed vacation and will continue work on this mod and troubleshooting all problems that you may have. Please be patient with me as I am developing Sanguine's Realm for players to go and looking to expand on the quests.

I have also considered a easy version of the mod to point players to the books if riddles are not that kind of thing for you.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:14 AM, SafyreStorme said:

I haven't actually downloaded the mod, but I like the concept - questing for adult-themed collectables that give buffs of some kind (and I'm a bit of a bibliophile who can't help but pick up every book I find in the game even after having played it... I have no idea how many times). I'm not a huge fan of the books' content, but that's just my personal taste. I would say, just be careful that none of the images you're using would infringe on any copyrights (would probably be safer to use high-quality Skyrim models in sexy poses, but I do imagine that would be a much more time-consuming pain-in-the-ass unless you make them yourself already, since you'd still want to get permission to use them in order to not be a dick). 

My games are always one step away from being totally f*d up by all the mods I load them them up with as it is?, so I don't tend to install mods until they've been around for awhile, but I'm definitely interested in seeing where this goes (or who else picks up on the idea, like you said).

Reveal hidden contents

(P.S. My communication skills kinda suck - I'm working on it - so, in case I totally failed, my intent here was to try to be helpful and encouraging and to say that this sounds really cool.)

I appreciate the insight but tbh there are other mods like mine (shop around you'll see em) that would be in the same kind of boat. I am hardly the first person that has this kind of material in a mod and I surely won't be the last. 

On 9/6/2021 at 12:25 AM, SlurpSenpai said:

I must be some kind of special... I want to find the book but for the life of me I can't. I have looked all throughout Riverwood in order to solve the first riddle. Am I blind or is it not here??? 

Please help ;-;

The book should be there. If you really can't figure it out PM and I will tell you the answer to where the book is.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:08 PM, Back2friday said:

I wish this replaced the vanilla skill books 

I would but didn't think about that tbh.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:34 AM, goodking0 said:

I'm also seemingly unable to locate the book in the Sleeping Giant Inn, any way to fix that?

EDIT: So, I checked on the Additem Menu, but apparently the mod consists in the 4 of the books (I'm assuming Book 5 is Patreon Exclusive still?) and also the Vanilla Book Boethia's Testing, the one you read the start the Boethia quest, and doesn't spawn until you're level 30, so I'm thinking that maybe there was a cock-up there and Boethia's book replaced the stating book at the Sleeping Giant Inn with the riddles.

If that's the case, any way for anyone to at least divulge the riddles so I can start hunting for the 4 books without the starting one?

EDIT: Welp, hadn't seen the update, so I updated the mod, thing is, Loot now is claiming the mod will do irreversible damage to my game if it's flagged as an ESL... any Idea how to fix this one instead?

Has this been resolved?

On 9/28/2021 at 12:58 PM, gbprime said:

4th and 5th were not made as I was still working on riddles and areas that are reasonable and also not going to play well with other mods so I don't have to make a bunch of patches. next update will continue the quest but this time with more action and less repetition. 

Also TY for saying not to share theories on where the books are as that was the idea behind a treasure hunt for these books in the first place.

On 10/1/2021 at 10:43 AM, Samson Nite said:

Oh this mod is treasure hunt combined with puzzle with word. I am not so good in word puzzle...........

I prefer to do quest ........

See the idea was to not hold the hand like the other quests but I have had some feedback to make an easy version for those that find it challenging or just want the books.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:38 PM, goodking0 said:

Thing is, I have nothing changing the sleeping giant inn, and the book seems to have been replaced with the Boethia Quest book for some reason.

Did you use the additemmenu or ...?? I need more info and maybe a LO. 

On 10/19/2021 at 6:47 AM, Ends_and_Memes said:

For some reason wrye bash says Incorrect ESL flag for BooksofLust.esp

Did you update the mod and continue with your playthrough anyway? 

Hey, yes, no I didn't resolve the issue unfortunately, had to cut the mod off due to the fact I either couldn't find the starting book or I Loot flipped out if I presented it as an ESL, it's a damn shame because I legitimately liked the concept and wanted to see where this was going.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, goodking0 said:

Hey, yes, no I didn't resolve the issue unfortunately, had to cut the mod off due to the fact I either couldn't find the starting book or I Loot flipped out if I presented it as an ESL, it's a damn shame because I legitimately liked the concept and wanted to see where this was going.

Will try to find the issue with this in the next update. Try uninstalling and reinstall.

• 2 months later...

Yo! Managed to "find" a book with the console, since I wasn't finding it at all (And I think there's a mod colliding with it because the journal literally isn't at the in) and it's great!

The only issue I'm having is with the Journal that starts the mod per se. There's no mod that I've installed that was supposed to alter it in any way but...yeah, nothing.

Hell of a great job though! Will destroy the cheated book since....well, cheated.

• 2 weeks later...

So the reason people are having issues with the plugin is because the updated plugin is flagged as ESL while having records outside of ESL range. The original plugin looks fine, so you likely updated the mod in the CK (which will happily create formIDs outside of ESL range because it's a piece of shit) without recompacting formIDs in xEdit.

To fix, remove the ESL flag in xEdit, then restart xEdit, compact formIDs and then set the ESL flag again.

• 7 months later...

Bug report: Book 2 is impossible to find without console commands if you have advanced past the battle for whiterun in the Stormcloak/Empire civil war, if you sided with the Empire. The house it is located within is destroyed and inaccessible after that point unless you teleport into it with console commands. 

Edited by tsor1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Found 1-3 and 5 fairly easily but 4 has defeated me.  Yet, once I picked up vol 5, I was directed to the portal.  Anyone know where the portal might be?  I assume it would be in or around Whiterun since the 4 books I found were in that area, but Skyrim's a pretty big place.

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2023 at 8:06 AM, zigster999 said:

Found 1-3 and 5 fairly easily but 4 has defeated me.  Yet, once I picked up vol 5, I was directed to the portal.  Anyone know where the portal might be?  I assume it would be in or around Whiterun since the 4 books I found were in that area, but Skyrim's a pretty big place.

Spoiler

Check the Ancestor Glade, that what it says in the SSEEdit but I'm not saying anything else. You can find all the book locations in SSEEdit as well.

Number 4 check the Watchtowers as a helpful clue.

There the all the help I'm giving you.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...